10193 - Medievel Market Village

Spartikis

+

Well I am just starting to build my MOC collection got like 2x Helm's Deep 2x uruk-hai Army 2x Orc Forge for MOCing purposes (parts) and now I need some colored pieces I guess

I could also use some regular troops since I mostly only have Uruks/Rohan soldiers for now and some random CMF figs

The new chess set is good for figure count and you can sell off the parts you don't need to recoup some of your costs. You could also look only ebay to see if anyone is selling the mini figs. I recently sold some of the figures from the 2007 set 852001.

Thing is noone would sell me CHESS set (figs only so 28 figs + all bricks to build the 4 ''fake figs'')

I wanted to ask some BP member to buy me 2x CHESS set and ship them to me as GIFT and he could keep the baseplate + all other pieces except for the figs and accessories :P

• 3 weeks later...

Well, every now and then I like to see the prices on the items that I'm sitting on, I'm sure many of you do too.

Last year, and after almost 3 years on the market, Medieval Market Village was EOL'd. We all were expecting this as the set had been out there for a LONG time and were wondering about how it'd perform in the secondary market.

As I stated previously, I like to check how are my investments doing.

What a pleasant surprise it was to see that this set has been steadily climbing since December. It's MSRP was $99,99 in the US and according to BPs data, it's sitting at $130+. If the growth rate keeps going as it has been doing for the last 6 months, I see it finishing the year at +/- $160 which is a damn fine return on a set that was available for a long time. Also, I can see it going even higher as the Castle line moves forward into the public.

I am really happy that I managed to get this at a very nice discounted price of 66

• Like 1

Its actually performing underwhelming for the set size....

If you compare it to Imperial Shuttle and similar ''larger sets'' 

But I still want 1 for personaly collection so Im happy.. :D

IS has the Star Wars name backing it up so it's unfair to match it against that one or any other licensed set for that matter (Diagon Alley or Hogwarts Castle come to mind).

Besides, my point is, for a set that was out there for a long time, being able to reap profits after 6 months even if bought at MSRP is good news.

Its actually performing underwhelming for the set size....

If you compare it to Imperial Shuttle and similar ''larger sets'' 

Really?  Imperial Shuttle has appreciated 38.97% in the last 6 months and this set has gone up by 41.32% in the same period.  That seems like pretty damn good returns to me, quite the opposite of "underwhelming".  In fact there has only been 1 set of a similar or larger size that has outperformed it that I could find.

Great set and great returns for those insightful enough to have picked one up back at the end of last year.  I'd even put a buy recommendation on it at current prices as the growth has probably slowed a little but still looks set to continue at a decent pace.  Thanks for highlighting it M4x18, it had not really been on my radar.

Really?  Imperial Shuttle has appreciated 38.97% in the last 6 months and this set has gone up by 41.32% in the same period.  That seems like pretty damn good returns to me, quite the opposite of "underwhelming".  In fact there has only been 1 set of a similar or larger since that has outperformed it that I could find.

Great set and great returns for those insightful enough to have picked one up back at the end of last year.  I'd even put a buy recommendation on it at current prices as the growth has probably slowed a little but still looks set to continue at a decent pace.  Thanks for highlighting it M4x18, it had not really been on my radar.

Yeh but how much is the net return difference which sets takes the lead then :P

I have one myself got it for 105$ (discountedi ****** Europe!!! retail was around 140$)  and I would barely make any profit selling today. 

Its not doing bad though but it must continue for 1 year like the past 6 months to be considered good investment for me personally :P

Unless you got it at a great discount there would be no point in selling now.

Most of the sets we buy are for the medium-long term. So 30% in 6 months is very good. Especially as most of the ones for sale now are people making a quick buck.

I expect the month on month increases will slow down now ( with maybe a spike at Christmas ) to hopefully 20%+ per year.

Unless you got it at a great discount there would be no point in selling now.

Most of the sets we buy are for the medium-long term. So 30% in 6 months is very good. Especially as most of the ones for sale now are people making a quick buck.

I expect the month on month increases will slow down now ( with maybe a spike at Christmas ) to hopefully 20%+ per year.

Ofcourse but I usually expect the most from sets in 50-100$ price range.

Those below the money input is usually relatively low so I dont care if they only appreciate 20% a year. For those sets that cost 200$ or more I am happy with 10% already (cos of input)

We shall see next year around march/april how the situation is to finalize the decision  :P

If next year at the end of March this set is not on nearly 160$ I might be slightly disappointed :P but thats just me

I think that with the irruption of the Castle line this could get higher demand.

Irruption?? Do you mean resurrection?  :wink:

As Kingdoms is being retired to be replaced by Castle, 10223 Joust, which is arguably 10193's replacement may be short lived. It is not available at  LEGO Shop at Home UK. But it may be out of stock.

to be honest im a bit disappointed with this set. Took far to look to go EOL and i was expecting much higher ROI than have seen.

I don't understand the statement. How high did you expect it to go in 6 months? I think a 30-40% rise in this time is quite good. Now, if it does not rise any further in the next 2 years, then, I would worry.

I don't understand the statement. How high did you expect it to go in 6 months? I think a 30-40% rise in this time is quite good. Now, if it does not rise any further in the next 2 years, then, I would worry.

Well to me this set is considered the most beautiful set of the Castle line (like ever) and its only rival in esthetic look and usefulness is Mill Village Raid from Kingdoms...

I expected this set to reach about 220$ + within 1 year of EOL(so thats what December?), which is still possible but highly unlikely. 

We shall see, but so far while great increase for a set out for 3 years, I am personally a tad disappointed. Especially cos its a really AMAZING set. 

Its hard to find a more beautiful set for Castle/Medieval lovers out there, and according to such perspective the increase in value is rather ''slow''

Well to me this set is considered the most beautiful set of the Castle line (like ever) and its only rival in esthetic look and usefulness is Mill Village Raid from Kingdoms...

I expected this set to reach about 220$ + within 1 year of EOL(so thats what December?), which is still possible but highly unlikely. 

We shall see, but so far while great increase for a set out for 3 years, I am personally a tad disappointed. Especially cos its a really AMAZING set. 

Its hard to find a more beautiful set for Castle/Medieval lovers out there, and according to such perspective the increase in value is rather ''slow''

Precisely because it was available for a long time and with significant discounts every now and then is that the rise between 30-40% is significant.

We all hope that this one keeps moving this way as many of us didn't expect it to do so well in such a short time.

You should look for sets that were out for 3 years that have risen over 30% in the first 6-10 months after EOL. I'm pretty sure very few sets will match that criteria, but MMV will be among those sets.

Precisely because it was available for a long time and with significant discounts every now and then is that the rise between 30-40% is significant.

We all hope that this one keeps moving this way as many of us didn't expect it to do so well in such a short time.

You should look for sets that were out for 3 years that have risen over 30% in the first 6-10 months after EOL. I'm pretty sure very few sets will match that criteria, but MMV will be among those sets.

When I look on sets like these I dont compare them to others, I compare them to sets that look as amazing as them (Imperial Shuttle for example :P)

I bought mine for 66

When I look on sets like these I dont compare them to others, I compare them to sets that look as amazing as them (Imperial Shuttle for example:p)

Well, but if you compare it with the Imperial Shuttle they have been doing pretty much the same. So far, the IS sells for around 36% over retail, and 10193 does for almost 39%. I understand that there is a difference once you consider actual dollar amounts, but I think those are pretty great numbers. I don't think it will be $200 in December either ( although if it maintains its current trend it will get pretty close).

I was going to start a new thread but as we are already talking about this I'll do it here. Plus Alcarin will shout at me if I do. :P

I won this yesterday.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161045038390?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

It was advertised as sealed. It isn't. Because as shown in the pictures, the seller has opened the box to prove that it is still sealed.

But I am not complaining as I bid, knowing that.

My question is. Should I go the full way and open the bags and build the thing. I am tempted to.