Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

Wow, that Republic Tank is really small.  Love the new Aayla Secura figure, though.  The ships from Freemaker are pretty cool, too bad they are from something nobody cares about.

It's definitely pretty small compared to the previous one (7679).

54 minutes ago, Halfrig said:

except Rathtar Escape and Arrowhead (never got into the Rebels series). 

Except it's not from Rebels :)

I think it's a pretty good looking ship. Doesn't look like Star Wars to me and at 100€ it's way too expensive, but it's not a bad set per se.

27 minutes ago, KShine said:

Collectors (and investors) learn not to make the same stupid mistakes (no one wants to feel the fool), whether it's overpaying (or over hoarding) for minifigs, or sets.

We have already been seeing some of that effect taking place.

Also, even though it might not be as noticeable to LEGO in the short term - In the long term it absolutely hurts them.

Last year I would have said LEGO's hatred towards resellers clouded their judgements. However, now I think their quest for continual financial growth is what clouds their judgements

9 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

It's definitely pretty small compared to the previous one (7679).

Except it's not from Rebels :)

I think it's a pretty good looking ship. Doesn't look like Star Wars to me and at 100€ it's way too expensive, but it's not a bad set per se.

Freemaker, LEGO cartoon ... that one either :)

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

33588292051_6f19cd1f6c_c.jpg

33333291670_46c33a72bc_c.jpg

Is it just me or does Lego just do a WAY better job capturing the likenesses of the Freemaker characters than say, Force Awakens or Rogue One.

You would think they'd spend more time and money getting the major film characters done better, but these look JUST like they do in the show.

#LazyLego

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mudcatsfan said:

Is it just me or does Lego just do a WAY better job capturing the likenesses of the Freemaker characters than say, Force Awakens or Rogue One.

You would think they'd spend more time and money getting the major film characters done better, but these look JUST like they do in the show.

#LazyLego

Can't tell if you're joking or not.

• Like 2

Just now, mudcatsfan said:

#LazyLego

I almost got baited into this troll 

16 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Last year I would have said LEGO's hatred towards resellers clouded their judgements. However, now I think their quest for continual financial growth is what clouds their judgements

Why do I seem to care more about their future than they do?

Maybe they are just figuring it is best to cash in now (before an inevitable fall in popularity), or maybe - They aren't planning on being around in the future (in which case, higher sales now would equal a higher price paid for the company). I once would have never thought of the family selling as being a possibility - but nowadays, I am not so sure.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, KShine said:

Why do I seem to care more about their future than they do?

Maybe they are just figuring it is best to cash in now (before an inevitable fall in popularity), or maybe - They aren't planning on being around in the future (in which case, higher sales now would equal a higher price paid for the company). I once would have never thought of the family selling as being a possibility - but nowadays, I am not so sure.

I feel like that's kind of a corporate cultural mindset. Doing good isn't good enough, quarter after quarter has to show growth. Instead of focusing on the quality that brought people in, they try to diversify and catch fads. If one of these new-ish things hits, they'll be golden. However we're not seeing demand increase, we're seeing the same buyers being more spread out. Instead of buying everything from one line, now, they're making decisions about whether to get a brickhead or a mighty micro or a constraction figure etc. The offerings in the main lines feel smaller and less complex, but they expect people to buy them because of a single minifigure. Prices are rising (looking at you Star Wars Battle packs) THe Star Wars line is full of sets that would have been $5 less just a few years ago. Super Heroes as well. I don't think it's trying to get the last dollar before the market crashes, I think it's misunderstanding the fanbase and their capacity to continue buying when they're trying to squeeze every penny out. Someone thinks that the LEGO train has just gotten started and doesn't see the chasm ahead that they're driving towards.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

*whew*  A lot of fan boy *** dreams in there.  I'm curious to see if it all plays out.  I know the film that may be targeted for 2020, and might be announced in Orlando is a *big* deal to me.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

*whew*  A lot of fan boy *** dreams in there.  I'm curious to see if it all plays out.  I know the film that may be targeted for 2020, and might be announced in Orlando is a *big* deal to me.

I suspect the bounty hunter movie and Obi McGregor film are definitely a go.  I bet one of those is announced at this years Star Wars celebration.  

The only question I have is will the first trailer for Last Jedi be released, and will a teaser be relased for Han Solo.... ohh and maybe how the heck they plan on doing the toy releases for two movies bunched so close together.  I suspect we will see a shift in direction next year from the previous two years.