Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 6 months later...

They are all "number two´s" unless you get a serious discount.

The big Solo set is rumoured to be a blue Falcon, perhaps with a little side build like the recent X wings. I don´t know how that will affect 75105, probably the Chinese copies will hit it harder as well as uberhoarding.

AFAIK, in Europe, U wing and Krennic´s are done. Perhaps in the US they will be given till the summer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Val-E said:

They are all "number two´s" unless you get a serious discount.

The big Solo set is rumoured to be a blue Falcon, perhaps with a little side build like the recent X wings. I don´t know how that will affect 75105, probably the Chinese copies will hit it harder as well as uberhoarding.

AFAIK, in Europe, U wing and Krennic´s are done. Perhaps in the US they will be given till the summer.

Here's why I rank Krennic's #1... that ship is no where to be found in many many walmarts in my region.  I can still get it at one TRU a 2 hour drive, but the 2 boxes they had were thrashed and cost 99.99.  There's not many of these on the shelves, and so it's already begun it's phase out.  The other sets I can still find with ease..

8 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Here's why I rank Krennic's #1... that ship is no where to be found in many many walmarts in my region.  I can still get it at one TRU a 2 hour drive, but the 2 boxes they had were thrashed and cost 99.99.  There's not many of these on the shelves, and so it's already begun it's phase out.  The other sets I can still find with ease..

I think the Falcon will still be one and the X wings 2 and 3 just due to volume, especially if stock runs dry before Xmas. Last seal codes for both are week 37.

The main problem will be the bottom feeders happy to cash in for 5 euros or 10 profit per set who will keep prices floored for a long time.

The R1 sets are for a more exclusive market and won´t feature in the new movie, so kids will forget about them.  I got all my R1 sets at 60% off but I have no U Wings or AT STs.

Edited by Val-E

20 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I think the Falcon will still be one and the X wings 2 and 3 just due to volume, especially if stock runs dry before Xmas. Last seal codes for both are week 37.

The main problem will be the bottom feeders happy to cash in for 5 euros or 10 profit per set who will keep prices floored for a long time.

The R1 sets are for a more exclusive market and won´t feature in the new movie, so kids will forget about them.  I got all my R1 sets at 60% off but I have no U Wings or AT STs.

I don't buy that logic.  Rogue one is more popular in the fandom world than the Force Awakens.  Also another telling factor has been the action figure market.  The Force Awakens left so many duds while Rogue One has a more healthy secondary collectors market.

id put the falcon at 7 if the new falcon is different, but we saw the same scenario play out with the last version when this version was rumored and it cratered any momentum from the previous one.

22 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

You forgot Target, Star Wars is thick at Target right now.

There are a few left in those but I dont think many will last past Black Friday.

Edited by fossilrock

14 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I don't buy that logic.  Rogue one is more popular in the fandom world than the Force Awakens.  Also another telling factor has been the action figure market.  The Force Awakens left so many duds while Rogue One has a more healthy secondary collectors market.

Could be an EU/US thing, we just don’t have the volume of collectors to really drive the aftermarket for the second tier sets.  Val’s correct in that the Falcon and X-Wings will move on volume alone.  Krennic shuttle is a fine set, but after another 3 SW movies, enough people will have forgotten about it that the demand just isn’t going to be there (or here).     

The EU market is really demand driven and they’re a fickle bunch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

the only reason I said it was wrong above is it is not scheduled to retire.  Your list was retirements I thought.   

Krennic and U wing are the 2 scheduled to carry over to Summer 2018

56 minutes ago, Hennessy said:

75170 - New Phantom, buy or not at 40% discount? Is Thrawn miniature worthy for investment at this price level?

It's not just Thrawn, the Kanan Jarrus minifigure is also worth a fair bit. I don't know about other EU markets, but 75170 is almost impossible to get at much of a discount in the UK, so 40% sounds fairly good. That's why I picked up 5 when I was in the US to take back with me; worked out to about 55% off UK RRP, even with the terrible exchange rate.

Edited by Captain_chaos

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Kylo Ren 75104 was also clearanced out last year at Walmart and is no where to be found on the shelf this year, at least not at my local Walmarts..  I picked up quite a few thinking it would be phased out and it's still going strong with other retailers.  I like the Krennic a lot, but I'm cautious on picking more up at this point.

42 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

the only reason I said it was wrong above is it is not scheduled to retire.  Your list was retirements I thought.   

If that´s true then they are both on standby in terms of production here as no shops are carrying them in the Xmas selection at all (except unsold ones from last year).

It could be they retire here and go on in the US for 6 more months as has happened a few times before e.g, Minecraft.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LegoBro said:

Kylo Ren 75104 was also clearanced out last year at Walmart and is no where to be found on the shelf this year, at least not at my local Walmarts..  I picked up quite a few thinking it would be phased out and it's still going strong with other retailers.  I like the Krennic a lot, but I'm cautious on picking more up at this point.

I'll keep buying Krennic at $35.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, feed said:

Could be an EU/US thing, we just don’t have the volume of collectors to really drive the aftermarket for the second tier sets.  Val’s correct in that the Falcon and X-Wings will move on volume alone.  Krennic shuttle is a fine set, but after another 3 SW movies, enough people will have forgotten about it that the demand just isn’t going to be there (or here).     

The EU market is really demand driven and they’re a fickle bunch.  

You put it more eloquently than I could have.

Here, the biggest rival to 75105 and the X Wings are the Chinese. If they were not on the scene, I´d be stocking  up on both like crazy at 60% off.

1 hour ago, ravenb99 said:

SOaB!  That list that was posted is wrong then?  Dang...  The signs were there too that I felt it was going, but i've been wrong before.  If this doesn't retire, i've wasted some cash recently..  Thanks for the heads up..  I guess, I know where to focus my next purchases.

53 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

SOaB!  That list that was posted is wrong then?  Dang...  The signs were there too that I felt it was going, but i've been wrong before.  If this doesn't retire, i've wasted some cash recently..  Thanks for the heads up..  I guess, I know where to focus my next purchases.

It´s a European list so the timeframes for retirement can be different. Next week, TLG will probably announce more retiring soon sets on EU SAH.

When I started out in reselling, I stocked 2 sets - Xwings and Falcons. It was rinse and repeat as ever Xmas they would either sell out or retire. Nowadays I only touch them if they are really deeply discounted (70%) as there is just too much competition from other resellers, the Chinese and Lego themselves with their re-release timespans getting ever shorter.