Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

https://bricksareawesome.com/2017/08/28/lego-retiring-star-wars-rogue-one-sets-2018/

The article says that Rogue One wave 1 sets are retiring this year. Probably something to think of if you have been holding off. I am pretty satisfied with the wave 1 offerings and think that the biggest hindrance to growth for them will be oversaturation of the Star Wars brand and lack of new media featuring these characters. In September and January we'll be getting Last Jedi sets plus in 2018 a host of other sets plus Han Solo sets. Rogue One will probably be forgotten about as these characters will make limited or no appearances in future media. Killing off all your main characters kind of cuts the legs out from under them. We'll probably never see the tank, TIE Striker, U-Wing, or Krennic styled Shuttle again as they have to keep creating new styles to sell toys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thoroakenfelder said:

https://bricksareawesome.com/2017/08/28/lego-retiring-star-wars-rogue-one-sets-2018/

The article says that Rogue One wave 1 sets are retiring this year. Probably something to think of if you have been holding off. I am pretty satisfied with the wave 1 offerings and think that the biggest hindrance to growth for them will be oversaturation of the Star Wars brand and lack of new media featuring these characters. In September and January we'll be getting Last Jedi sets plus in 2018 a host of other sets plus Han Solo sets. Rogue One will probably be forgotten about as these characters will make limited or no appearances in future media. Killing off all your main characters kind of cuts the legs out from under them. We'll probably never see the tank, TIE Striker, U-Wing, or Krennic styled Shuttle again as they have to keep creating new styles to sell toys.

One major set missing from Rogue One is the new edition of Tantive IV...

• Like 1

This is such a disgraceful situation especially when we know what Jang is doing to popularize Danish toy maker among the youtubers and how devoted he is when it comes to Lego. It's their own responsibility (Disney/Lego) TRU and Wallmart, those parties should be only involved in rectifying this problem  behind the closed doors not by threatening innocent customers with potential legal action aimed against them.

hope Jang will prevail because I'm certain it might have some negative impact on him as a person.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 11:39 AM, MahoneyOne said:
I'm not sure if these have been reported yet in the wild. Found at Walmart in overhead stock...

They were all out at one of mine, along with the pathetic Advent calendar, but when I tried to purchase, it came up as 'Restricted' and the store manager said something about needing to call the home office, etc. So they pulled them off the floor, as a result. Oops!

If you buy the sets legitimately from stores, then surely you can post photos, post videos, basically do whatever you want as legally you've done nothing wrong. The store that sold them on the other hand.

Keep in mind though that there's money to. E made posting YouTube videos. Disney doesn't want anyone making money before they do, I guess.

Jang doesn't seem to mind: http://www.jangbricks.com/2017/08/why-ive-taken-down-my-star-wars-last.html

I will not lose any sleep over this.  I will not be calling for a boycott of LEGO or Disney over this.  I will not make a video of me smashing LEGO Star Wars sets with a sledgehammer over this.  I will not stop reviewing LEGO sets or building my LEGO city over this.  Heck, I have not lost any of my passion and love for LEGO products over this.  

Jang doesn't seem to mind: http://www.jangbricks.com/2017/08/why-ive-taken-down-my-star-wars-last.html
I will not lose any sleep over this.  I will not be calling for a boycott of LEGO or Disney over this.  I will not make a video of me smashing LEGO Star Wars sets with a sledgehammer over this.  I will not stop reviewing LEGO sets or building my LEGO city over this.  Heck, I have not lost any of my passion and love for LEGO products over this.  

Nope. And he shouldn't. He stands to loose far more than he gains by fighting them. As soon as the embargo is lifted I'm sure he can repost the videos.

It's the angry mob that wants him to fight it.

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Keep in mind though that there's money to. E made posting YouTube videos. Disney doesn't want anyone making money before they do, I guess.

Disney or Lego probably spent a nice chunk of change having that letter drafted and sent by their high powered lawyer.  Probably more than they "lost" with these early reviews.  That's why this whole thing is absurd and just makes them look like buttholes.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Disney or Lego probably spent a nice chunk of change having that letter drafted and sent by their high powered lawyer.  Probably more than they "lost" with these early reviews.  That's why this whole thing is absurd and just makes them look like buttholes.

Especially when the Chinese fakes are running rampant and they are powerless to stop THEM.

Doom's day scenario, I was waiting for a moment when he will mention being imprisoned in Guantanamo for posting review of broadly available Lego Set.
even if he would be sued this trail wouldn't take more than 2 or 3 sessions. it's entirely TRU and Wallmart + Lego problem. Not Jang.

he is as soft as pillow. Other you tubers doesn't give a flying f whatever this "consulting company" is sending to everyone with those legal demands.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Shewie said:

Doom's day scenario, I was waiting for a moment when he will mention being imprisoned in Guantanamo for posting review of broadly available Lego Set.
even if he would be sued this trail wouldn't take more than 2 or 3 sessions. it's entirely TRU and Wallmart + Lego problem. Not Jang.

he is as soft as pillow. Other you tubers doesn't give a flying f whatever this "consulting company" is sending to everyone with those legal demands.

All depends what you have to lose. The revenue lost from having all videos taken down and the time to repost them all are probably good reasons in his case.

there was nothing on the stake from the very beginning, he is just making to much drama around this case. There is no a legal reason to take his content out and delete everything what he did so far because someone's mistake, TRU and Wallmart should be taken to responsibilities not common folks.
he is a drama queen who is over saturating the problem pointing there are people who will go after him.
Can't wait to see the rest youtubers and content creaters to be sued for milions of usd because of Wallmart and TRU dead stupidity.

it doesn't make sense whatsoever even having in mind how ridiculous is law system in USA.

however that would be the best episode for Judge Frank Caprio "case" to investigate.
"I built bricks from Wallmart and I got sued"
Frank Caprio: "Dismissed"

ok what's next... ok a felony.

• Like 2