Star Wars 2017

fossilrock

Star Wars: Winter Wave sets.

LEGO Star Wars 75176 - €39.99 - (£29.99, $29.99) - Resistance Transport Pod
LEGO Star Wars 75177 - €59.99 - (£54.99, $49.99) - First Order Heavy Scout Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75179 - €79.99 - (£74.99, $79.99) - Kylo Ren's TIE Fighter
LEGO Star Wars 75187 - €99.99 - (£84.99, $99.99) - UCS BB-8
LEGO Star Wars 75188 - €109.99 - (£99.99, $109.99) - Resistance Bomber
LEGO Star Wars 75189 - €139.99 - (£129.99, $149.99)  - Heavy Assault Walker
LEGO Star Wars 75190 - €149.99 - (£139.99, $159.99)  -The Finalizer : First Order Star Destroyer

LEGO Star Wars 75526 - €19.99 - (£14.99, $19.99)  - Elite TIE Fighter Pilot
LEGO Star Wars 75528 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Rey
LEGO Star Wars 75529 - €24.99 - (£19.99, $24.99) - Elite Praetorian Guard
LEGO Star Wars 75530 - €34.99 - (£29.99, $34.99) - Chewbacca

Edited by jaisonline
updated w/ more info
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Huskers1236 said:

without lego forcing out a terrible set that makes no sense just to throw in an exclusive figure.

Yeah, but that's the whole idea unfortunately. TLG realise that the minifigs are a selling point. They even highlight all the exclusive minifigs on the box.

1 minute ago, c_rpg said:

Yeah, but that's the whole idea unfortunately. TLG realise that the minifigs are a selling point. They even highlight all the exclusive minifigs on the box.

And that's why I turn to Bricklink in those instances.  Days are gone where I'd buy a mediocre set just for a few figures I didn't already have.

2 minutes ago, stackables said:

Are Bossk and Dengar different printings?

Bossk is definitely different. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

Love the idea that a battle pack can just be a collection of a theme(bounty hunters in this case) instead of just "bad generic guys" vs "good generic guys".   If they would start making these as more companion packs to add named figures that we don't have to the Lego SW universe it would be great.  Make a Mos Eisley "battle pack" with characters we haven't gotten yet like the Imperial Spy, cantina aliens, etc.  I like army builders as well, but a curveball like this one is great to add new figures to collections without lego forcing out a terrible set that makes no sense just to throw in an exclusive figure.

I agree.. I personally want to see more sets like this.  I don't care if they aren't army builders, because there are times my son plays with the minis more than he does the set. One of the recent cases is the Clone Turbo Tank where they contained Quinlan Vos and Luminara.  I'd rather see a jedi council pack or something like that where figures like that are included instead of where they are in a mediocre 90+ set where that's about the only selling point to get the set.. I'd rather see Lego pump 6 of these battle packs out per year (or even create a star wars easter egg exclusive pack that is similar to an advent calendar and contains minibuilds, and minifigures).  If they did this they could cut down on the bigger sets by 1 or 2 and instead pump out more quality sets that i'd want to buy. I'd assume they could make more money this way anyway, since battle packs tend to sell a lot more since they are cheaper...

The upcoming Rathtar escape set is one example where I don't really like the look of it, and feel they cheesed out on the rathtar design.  I'd rather they had released a Bala Tik pack with some Guvian Enforcers battle pack, or something like that instead of putting out a mediocre set where you feel like you should buy it because it's got those minis in them.  In the end all this is doing is forcing me to go to bricklink and buy the figures and skip out on the set.  In the end that is cheaper.

Good day all.  I would be interested in all the sets (except buildable figures) from a collectors standpoint except Rathtar Escape and Arrowhead (never got into the Rebels series).  The figures even interest me from Rathtar either.

3 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

Does anyone remembered seeing the QuadJumper in the Movie?

The Quadjumper was in FA just before Rey took the MF.

2 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

Yep, then
explode.jpg?itok=UFm0uwNw

I created threads for everything except the Stormtrooper Commander Buildable Figure.  If you really think we need it, you can create it. :P

95% of those threads will not make it past a page of posts until the sets get retired soon tags after 4 months!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Miami Bomb Squad said:

Does anyone remembered seeing the QuadJumper in the Movie?

It gets blown up.  Rey screams "you got a pilot, let's get to the quadjumper" - or something like that, then a tie fighter comes in and blows it up.  Then they are forced to take the Falcon.  So it did play a minor role in the film.

1 hour ago, KShine said:

I would think that making the die hard collectors who spent $20 each for these minifigs feel like stupid idiots, would be a bad thing - but what do I know.

I have to admit, I have bought a few of those 20.00 figs. .  Doesn't bother me much because some other idiot buys sets I hold for 2 to 3x what I paid for them... so its an exchange of idiocy!

• Like 6

Palpatine is really getting around this summer. Is he going on tour or something? 

I still prefer the previous republic tank. What is the market for this set that was never in the movies or cartoons but is just a fond video game memory for those of us of a certain age? And yes, I'll be getting one to pair with its big brother.

Edited by jeff_14

18 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I have to admit, I have bought a few of those 20.00 figs. .  Doesn't bother me much because some other idiot buys sets I hold for 2 to 3x what I paid for them... so its an exchange of idiocy!

Collectors (and investors) learn not to make the same stupid mistakes (no one wants to feel the fool), whether it's overpaying (or over hoarding) for minifigs, or sets.

We have already been seeing some of that effect taking place.

Also, even though it might not be as noticeable to LEGO in the short term - In the long term it absolutely hurts them.

Edited by KShine

16 minutes ago, KShine said:

Collectors (and investors) learn not to make the same stupid mistakes (no one wants to feel the fool), whether it's overpaying (or over hoarding) for minifigs, or sets.

We have already been seeing some of that effect taking place.

Also, even though it might not be as noticeable to LEGO in the short term - In the long term it absolutely hurts them.

I purchased the Poe Dameron and Lor San Teeka figs recently off bricklink.  Spent about 17.00 for both of them...  So far, it's the only force awakens set my son doesn't have in his collection, although I also think i'll do the same to the Rathtar set.   I find it better doing it that way than spending 60 or waiting until Walmart has a half off clearance on it, then trying to land one then.  I'd probably spend 17 in gas just trying to beat other brickpickers to the fray (although I have done it before).  Plus, my son already has the other x-wing with Poe Dameron, and he didn't need two x-wings that are the exact same build with just a different color. 

Also, I have no interest in becoming one of those guys that buys sets at a discount, then parts them out.  With a full time job, and all the other jazz that goes with it, I don't have the time to do that.   

So, I hope the new battle pack with the exclusive Bounty Hunters is a move in this direction.  If it is - great.  I'm all for it.  I'd like cantina aliens, maz kanata castle aliens, or prequel based jedi packs.  Bring it on!

• Like 2