Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

Did someone open the space slug? Sounds like there is a heavy booklet in it. Also, what is the set number? From what I heard about the leftovers is that the official view is that the sets will be sent back, but it is probably up to the store manager's discretion what to do with it. 

I'm looking at my box and there is no set number printed on the front or back. There's no set name printed either. It will probably end up with a special collection number like the SDCC sets do.

Won't this be easy to bricklink?  Or just wait until all the pieces are re-issued in another set?

Should be. That's what I plan on doing. I've BL'd quite a few SDCC sets. As long as there isn't anything completely unique it will be easy once someone puts the inventory and instructions online. I saw there's an unboxing video up on Reddit already.

The Action Comics #1 SDCC is the only one I've come across so far with a unique piece. The roof is green and it only exists in that set. I had to sub it for a black roof. I thought maybe the piece would show up in a 2016 set but so far it hasn't.

Do some boxes have the piece count on them for the space slug? Saw some on here before which had the pieces, but just noticed mine hasn't.

Are you in the US? I'm in the US and mine had the piece count. But the photo leaks I saw on the German site (promobricks?) didn't have a piece count.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

I'm looking at my box and there is no set number printed on the front or back. There's no set name printed either. It will probably end up with a special collection number like the SDCC sets do.

Should be. That's what I plan on doing. I've BL'd quite a few SDCC sets. As long as there isn't anything completely unique it will be easy once someone puts the inventory and instructions online. I saw there's an unboxing video up on Reddit already.

The Action Comics #1 SDCC is the only one I've come across so far with a unique piece. The roof is green and it only exists in that set. I had to sub it for a black roof. I thought maybe the piece would show up in a 2016 set but so far it hasn't.

I am waiting for that piece too ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadfraggle said:

On the one hand, this set isn't worthy of display in the office of the "Car Wash King of New Jersey" (that's like a tier above regular CEO worthy sets) so you should probably avoid it. 

On the other hand, you could always buy the set and just claim you're doing "market research"'for your next book.

The set looks good in the LEGO plexiglass display, but I just don't have the room for it.  I will buy a few.  Always do.  The Slave I will be the next model I build...or the Eiffel Tower.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The set looks good in the LEGO plexiglass display, but I just don't have the room for it.  I will buy a few.  Always do.  The Slave I will be the next model I build...or the Eiffel Tower.  

A plexiglass display can make anything look good.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Are you in the US? I'm in the US and mine had the piece count. But the photo leaks I saw on the German site (promobricks?) didn't have a piece count.

I'm in the UK and got no piece count. Must be an EU thing maybe?

5 hours ago, Robertx said:

Meh. I loaded up during the Walmart clearance. Hard to buy an IST when they were had for $49. 

Haven't seen them dropped that low yet around my neck of the woods.  I'm sure they will see a further discount around July.  If I remember last year cantinas hit 49 and At-Ats could be found in the mid 70 range.  I suspect Death Star Final Due and IST's will be found for almost half off.  Just haven't seen it yet.  However, if you are going for the slow accumulation and trying to keep from the ban wagon, then buying these at a discount through multiple outlets from january until november of 2016 is the way to go.  

Won't this be easy to bricklink?  Or just wait until all the pieces are re-issued in another set?

It's like anything. Would you rather buy a brand new car or buy an old used car and "fix it" yourself. Buy a brand new computer or build your own?

Etc

I want a one and done kind of set. Less work for me lol

28 minutes ago, Nsheppard9101 said:

It's like anything. Would you rather buy a brand new car or buy an old used car and "fix it" yourself. Buy a brand new computer or build your own?

Etc

I want a one and done kind of set. Less work for me lol

I'll Bricklink one.  I actually think this set is neater than the CVII Sandcrawler or Comic Con Dagobah.  It would look decent with my other toys on my desk.

• Like 2