Star Wars May the 4th Lego Specials Start Tonight

Val-E

3 minutes ago, Nsheppard9101 said:

Lol I have about 90% of all Hoth sets released. I plan on doing some sort of MOC. I have a 6 foot floating shelf that I have the other Hoth sets on. If I didn't intend to "do something" with this set I would be up in arms with everyone else. I personally don't care if it's a UCS or not. Double points/free poly that will go for 15-20 in the future and a space slug going for over 200 on eBay. I either break even or make money from me getting out of bed today :)

It's all good. If you're happy, I'm happy for you. There's absolutely a good start for Hoth MOC building with this set. I'm holding out hope that they get marked down at least 20% to 25% in the future and I'll grab a couple to make a more complete looking build.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I think most here agree or hope AoH will be discounted at some point in the future.  I'm holding out...

I am as well. I don't like it but I do see great potential with mocs.   

With that said watch this set go a unprecedented route and only be available for 1 production run and only at lego stores. Thus gaining big when all of us miss out on it.  Chances of this being a winner are slim but since I am passing on it my bad luck is in favor of this being a big big winner. 

• Like 2

They had 2 Sandcrawlers out on the shelf so I grabbed one!  Got my space slug, stormtrooper polybag, and poster!

I tried to ask if I also bought an Assault on Hoth if they'd give me another Space Slug but they said they weren't allowed to, which is fair.  

Edited by jonnyhanukkah

1 minute ago, Ed Mack said:

It did look better in person.  Still not UCS standards, but it looks decent.

Yeah it almost changed my mind but I got the Sandcrawler anyway since the odds are that will retire first.  

If I can cobble together some more money selling some old comics on eBay I may pop back in and pick this up during the double VIP points sale.  

I do think there's a good chance this gets discounted some day but I also buy into the argument that this will retire in record time

So just from what I was told at the store being that I was the ONLY person in for the slug set for the first 30 minutes and one of only 4 total invites this particular store gave out, this slug set will seem even much more rare at this point.  He said the store has a large number of resellers and because of that and because that's who asked for invites, they didn't get them and other likes me who called inquiring, he honored.  Good for him for cutting down.  Love it.  I was lucky to get one because I'm not a large reseller.  I buy one or two of things max ever.  I'm more a collector.  That said, perhaps now the 3500 number of slug sets will be much much less on the market.  Take this info for what's it's worth. 

So what happens to all of the ones that didn't get handed out? I saw my stores list and it only had 8 people. So what do they do with the other 20?

Was able to get 2 Imperial Shuttles in store along with the Space Slug and the freebies.

Also got to meet @BoomBoomFlash and @sunkenbrick in store as well! @Nsheppard9101, maybe next time!

Our store was not as busy as I really expected it to be. Plus, as others have mentioned, Assault on Hoth looked better in person; I'm still waiting on it though.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, msdontplay01 said:

I can't stand store managers that think they own the store/company they work for.  Some of them think they can make up their own polices/rules/procedures, etc.  And they wonder why some customers end up calling corporate on them to set them straight, SMDH!

This was NOT just a store manager, he was much higher than that...not going into details.  Like I said, just what I was told.  He has every right to do what he wants and I applaud it.  If anyone is going to complain to corporate because you are labeled a reseller by the stores then just please take down my earlier post and this one.  No need for that.  

Edited by DenJ91

6 minutes ago, DenJ91 said:

This was NOT just a store manager, he was much higher than that...not going into details.  Like I said, just what I was told.  He has every right to do what he wants and I applaud it. 

No one is disputing what you were told.  Depending on his so-called position, he may be able to do whatever he wants if he has that type of clout in the company.  Store managers certainly cannot do whatever they want; corporate office sets policies for a reason.  But obviously you must know something the rest of us don't.

By the way, if you were one of the sellers that were not given an invite (especially if this was for VIPs or otherwise customers that typically spend a lot of money in the store and they suspect them of being resellers) you might not be so quick to applaud.

• Like 1