The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

Guest TabbyBoy
47 minutes ago, Sprocket77 said:

There's a Dealz beside my cinema, guess who gets my snacks and drinks cash 

Fine if you can smuggle it in, I've seen people being asked to leave.

i liked the movie.  my 7 yr old son really loved it.  the wife spent 50% of the movie on her iPhone (something she didn't do during The Lego Movie).  my 4 yr old daughter seemed to like it.

my fav parts were the homages to the prev. batman films / tv shows.

honestly, watching this film made me appreciate The Lego Movie even more.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

The amount that UK cinemas rip you off for when buying refreshments shouldn't be legal. Who is dying of thirst so much to buy a small Coke for £3.49 and a bag of Minstrels chocolate for £4.29? Both of which are 1/4 the price in a nearby store.

Go to the right cinema. I tend to go to an independent one where there is a good bar with craft beers on tap, high quality non-industrial snacks, etc. Prices are same as in a pub. Actually, the lobby itself is a movie themed pub. You can obviously drink during the screening. 

8 minutes ago, emazers said:

I seen the Lego Movie, thought it was OK, but for you guys that have John Wick, go see John Wick 2 Final Chapter, I liked it 50 better than the Lego Movie. Its a shame we have to wait 2 years for Part 3. But John Wick is one of the better action movies in years. score 9/10

Will do eventually. Loved the 1st one. 

26 minutes ago, emazers said:

I seen the Lego Movie, thought it was OK, but for you guys that have John Wick, go see John Wick 2 Final Chapter, I liked it 50 better than the Lego Movie. Its a shame we have to wait 2 years for Part 3. But John Wick is one of the better action movies in years. score 9/10

I loved part 2 as well. You aren't kidding when you say how hard it's gonna be to wait 2 years for part 3 based on the ending in part 2. Quite the cliffhanger. 

1 hour ago, emazers said:

Kinda hard to compare The Lego Movie and John Wick films.  Each was made for 2 entirely different audiences. (Kids w/ parents vs kids w/o adults)

• Like 4

I am not comparing The Lego Movie against John Wick 2, all I am saying is that if you liked the the first John Wick movie from 2 years ago, you will love Part 2. Sure The lego movie was OK, take your kids and they will like it, but for a great action movie with Shootouts, knife fights, lot of Kung Fu fights, you will come out of the movie with a big smile on your face and saying when is part 3 coming out.   Ed

Looks like only masks and coloring sheets at BAM.

And a small activity book.
I am not comparing The Lego Movie against John Wick 2, all I am saying is that if you liked the the first John Wick movie from 2 years ago, you will love Part 2. Sure The lego movie was OK, take your kids and they will like it, but for a great action movie with Shootouts, knife fights, lot of Kung Fu fights, you will come out of the movie with a big smile on your face and saying when is part 3 coming out.   Ed

Watch "The Raid", if you haven't seen it.
  • Like 1

We just got back a little bit ago. I thought it dragged a little during the 2nd half and something else about the 2nd half I didn't like as well, but I'll hold that in for now. The first half was pretty great and very funny.

I want an Orphanage Batman Fan Club Battle Pack and some of those Batman emblem t-shirt torsos.

• Like 4