The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

58 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Lego sent me an invite for a free screening. I think this will work for anyone, just enter your zip. Up to 4 free passes, Tuesday 11am or so. Worth pulling the kids out of school imho. :derisive:

https://wbtickets.com/main/national_campaign/TEVHT2JhdG1hbg==

Is this for real ??  I signed up and received and printed off Screening passes for 4. Never done this before.....I have to drive 90 minutes to the closest one...but this may bee something cool for the family and I to do =)  Thanks for sharing..  =)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Lego sent me an invite for a free screening. I think this will work for anyone, just enter your zip. Up to 4 free passes, Tuesday 11am or so. Worth pulling the kids out of school imho. :derisive:

https://wbtickets.com/main/national_campaign/TEVHT2JhdG1hbg==

Is this normally a sign that the studio execs have a lot of faith in the movie? Give out free tix to drum up word of mouth before release.

26 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

It seems like we are seat-fillers during a screening for movie reviewers.  It lets them hear the laughs/cheers/silence with a real crowd.

I have done many of these. Press in my town is never more then 12 people, radio/print/VIPs of studio, etc

It is mostly fans but arrive early, I have been to some 30 min prior and in front row, so I usually plan 1.5 hrs prior. 

sometimes there is promo posters/tshirts

• Like 1

10 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

I like the sets. I really think this theme is strong overall. The Batwing is great. My son is going to be thrilled about the big fig Bane - every time we watch the trailers he's mad that they show the Bane fig but it wasn't in any sets in wave 1. 

Agreed..  My son is all over these and is pretty hyped for this movie.  I got him a few of the sets so far, and it's mostly what he plays with.  He'll be all over these when I show him.  

6 hours ago, Brian Briggs said:

Now 15 out of 17 regular sets will contain a normal Batman minifigure (not counting suits like The Bat Pack from the Batcave set).

So how many Batman minifigures does one need beyond the first?

Agreed...  They should have instead did various suits.  The various weird batman suits are a cool thing.  I guess, Lego asumes most kids will just get a few sets, so they'll want a batman along with the bad guy.  I can somewhat understand the logic, but wish they did it a touch bit differently.  Can't complain about the overall look of this theme though.  It's fairly solid all around.

1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

Agreed...  They should have instead did various suits.  The various weird batman suits are a cool thing.  I guess, Lego asumes most kids will just get a few sets, so they'll want a batman along with the bad guy.  I can somewhat understand the logic, but wish they did it a touch bit differently.  Can't complain about the overall look of this theme though.  It's fairly solid all around.

My son pointed out tonight that across the sets there are tons of bad guys, but only Batman, Robin, and Batgirl as "good guys". He thought that was weird.

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:17 PM, fuzzy_bricks said:

I think the Scarecrow Delivery is a Walmart exclusive.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Batman-Movie-Scarecrow-Special-Delivery-70910/55141844

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:13 PM, house72 said:

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:25 PM, Lordoflego said:

Unless you're pointing at something in description (that I missed), LEGO has all the sets, exclusive to other stores or not.

2-in-1 & such may be exceptions. 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:28 PM, justapilgrim said:

the WM exclusives are also at lego stores and online. same goes for TRU and target etc

The same converstaion applies to Target.

36 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

So much for the Arctic Roller 70911 being a Lego Store exclusive, its available at Target... :beerhat:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

The same converstaion applies to Target.

These sets can be had at the Lego store online, but not in its brick and mortar stores. Same thing happened with the R'as al Ghul and Dr Strange sets.

Edited by jeff_14