The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

28 minutes ago, micbelt said:

Went to a store that was supposed to have the event at 11:30 when it was supposed to start and no one had a clue. It is a Lego rep that is doing it at each store and apparently they no showed at a bunch of stores across the country.

I dont think so, Lego contracted with an advertising agency to provide the staff. It seems to represent that on the Facebook event page. There were some cancellations as they could not staff them all. 

People are acting like it is the end of the world. I posted just to let them know that it seems to be an issue at most of the stores, but people are really laying it on thick talking about how it ruined their days, etc.. Some people said they drive like an hour to get there for it.
  • Like 2

People are acting like it is the end of the world. I posted just to let them know that it seems to be an issue at most of the stores, but people are really laying it on thick talking about how it ruined their days, etc.. Some people said they drive like an hour to get there for it.

They're probably the same people that go to Walmart on Black Friday with brass knuckles and tasers.

• Like 1

If I wasn't friendly with my area Lego rep/merchandiser I wouldn't have known which Walmart to show up at for the freebie today. She sent a text to me yesterday telling me which stores would have it. Said there were supposed to be 9 stores doing it, but the company they outsource to didn't have enough workers to cover it so it was only going to be 3 stores.
I wonder what will happen with all the unused polys at those other stores.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Elkkthunder said:

I saw the preview last night as well. I enjoyed all of it except for the ending. 

There were kids with bottles in their mouths and crying and dropping things. I wish parents would be more realistic of getting almost 2 hrs of peace and quiet out of a not even 3 year old

I had 3 FREE preview tickets ready to go for LAST Saturday.

However I also have a not quite 3 year old.

At first I was thinking, HEY it's at 10am, that's when little kids go to movies.

Then I remembered it was an advance screening and die hard fans would be there.

We stayed home, so that we wouldn't ruin the premiere for others.

You're welcome bat-nerds.

• Like 5