The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

We just got back a little bit ago. I thought it dragged a little during the 2nd half and something else about the 2nd half I didn't like as well, but I'll hold that in for now. The first half was pretty great and very funny.
I want an Orphanage Batman Fan Club Battle Pack and some of those Batman emblem t-shirt torsos.

I want the gold suit/costumes from the end credits
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

We just got back a little bit ago. I thought it dragged a little during the 2nd half and something else about the 2nd half I didn't like as well, but I'll hold that in for now. The first half was pretty great and very funny.

Ditto here,  the 1st half was good while the 2nd half was blah...kinda sucked like iron man.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

Can someone convince me to get the Clayface set

I've hated it since the minute it was first leaked but I really want Mayor McCaskill and as many TLBM sets as I can get.

It's an awesome set and creative build.  I'm not sure what you don't like about it, but it looks fantastic when complete.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It's an awesome set and creative build.  I'm not sure what you don't like about it, but it looks fantastic when complete.

Looks the most horrible out of all TLBM sets so far.. to me. I dunno, I just don't like it. It's too.. same-y it doesn't look all that great. I wanted this Clayface

clayface-the-lego-batman-movie-53.6.jpg or this one BPH2GC4.png 

But they made the smallest mouth possible with no customization or poseability. I made my own version when it came out, where I also added longer legs cause I thought they were too stubby. 

22745998928_8a15966212_b.jpg 

Oh well.. I still don't like the set but I feel like I neeeeed it.

• Like 1

Saw it a second time today. First viewing really entertained me. Second time around I noticed how slow and drawn out the last 30 minutes was.

Plenty of good humor in there for adults but the kids didn't laugh as much as I would expect for a kids movie. I enjoyed all the old movie batman references.

Can't wait for Tower of Orthanc to hit $500 after this

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Saw it a second time today. First viewing really entertained me. Second time around I noticed how slow and drawn out the last 30 minutes was.

Plenty of good humor in there for adults but the kids didn't laugh as much as I would expect for a kids movie. I enjoyed all the old movie batman references.

Can't wait for Tower of Orthanc to hit $500 after this emoji383.pngemoji383.pngemoji383.png

My prediction might be right, it won't have the staying power like "The LEGO Movie" did.  Word of mouth won't be as great.

• Like 1

I see its appeal for for Batman and Super Heroes fans, children and adults alike, but won't have the magnetic pull for the general public The Lego Movie had. Of course, it's pretty hard to beat the original, for any movie 'sequel'. In any case, I did enjoy my 85 minutes, so did my boys.

• Like 1

If you're in the UK you should definitely try to watch this film at cineworld in their 4D chairs, it's a great experience as the chairs move / air sprays / water mists / vibrating chairs etc. Ticket price is expensive  (about £15ish) but ok for a one off trip, I hardly ever go to cinema nowadays but had to see this film. 

I thought film was really good, nice to see some of the other "villians" in the movie, hopefully more people will want jurrasic world sets after the  indominous rex cameo.

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

I also think the direct to video Batman and Justice League releases have hurt it.  People are used to seeing those in their homes and available at Wal-Mart.

Funny you should say that, because that thought while I was watching it.  I've seen so many of those movies (and rewatch them often enough), that at times it felt like a longer version of those.  I really enjoy those films, but I think I've been spoiled by watching them so often.

• Like 1