The LEGO Batman Movie 2017

exciter1

Just now, exciter1 said:

The Lego Movie sets sold pretty well, as far as I recall.

I presume that you mean US market, right? (no sarcasm).. 

Im in Europe, you can see that.. and for one thing I can say.. I HATE THAT STUPID ("creative") LEGO MOVIE sign on those sets.. its just so awful.. and more to the point, you can still get overhere in numerous e-shop sets from this theme new, under local RRP .. and they still have it on stock.. even after a year or two.. so.. appareantly there truly is more to it - as for the geo divesification, where e.g. South America is totally not into Batman LEGO movie sets.. while Eastern Europe is.. or something like that.. 

actually its so interesting that its a shame we dont have more geo data for the themes sold in that or that region.

1 minute ago, Brickshopper said:

TLM much better movie and much better investments IMO than the TLBM

Its your view that I have to respect. My point of view is different and I also believe that the "box art" for the Batman movie is (in artistic value) waaay beyond Lego Movie.. and we all know that the "packaging" sales.

46 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

Its quite funny.. HOW do you "dare" to invest into something (in this case LEGO Batman movie).. EXPECTING the hordes, novices, movie fans to buy it from you (certainly NOT LEGO RESELLERS).. if..... IF YOU DONT EVEN CARE to watch that movie? to find out, if it has any appeal to the audience..?? You really think the minifigs would save it?

p.s. I watched both LEGO movie and The Batman movie.. and I can tell .. the Batman is waaay better.. even if its quite long, it could still grap my attention.. you should really try it!

I know it is shocking but some people here actually collect lego and don't resell.  Crazy concept I know. Besides people invest in all kind of things they are not familiar with.  In most cases, lego sets are not targeting to adults so it doesn't matter if I like the movie or not, I am not the target audience. 

• Like 1

Just now, stackables said:

I know it is shocking but some people here actually collect lego and don't resell.  Crazy concept I know. Besides people invest in all kind of things they are not familiar with.  In most cases, lego sets are not targeting to adults so it doesn't matter if I like the movie or not, I am not the target audience. 

no, you are wrong assuming that its a "crazy concept"... I love, tender and cherish to have my Batman collection to be complete.. and Im really glad that there are others - out there - who feel the same way and do not scrutinize every purchase like: what is it worth in xxx years? does it pay off to stock it.. ? etc..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

Nothing boring about them at all.  The majority of them are great sets.  Golden Rule - Don't dive in at RRP

Lego Movie was far superior.

Boring to me because I see them everywhere! I've got LBM fatigue. 

Upon release, I thought thee might have been a sleeper set in here somewhere. Even the retired sets are all over Amazon UK at discount. 

Giving the majority of 1st wave sets a  2 year life and making too many different sets is what killed it. A quick in and out is what saved some Lego Movie sets as investments. It´s crazy to see how many pages Batman Movie sets still get in the general catalogue, one year on.

I think there will still be 2 or 3 winners, same with Ninago Movie.

Edited by Val-E

...you can still get overhere in numerous e-shop sets from this theme new, under local RRP .. and they still have it on stock.. even after a year or two..

Dude, where are those e-shops in Europe currently seling TLM sets under (or at) RRP? I still have some sets to buy to complete my collection...
Do send me a pm if more convenient. Tnx! ;)

6 hours ago, bricklues said:

Dude, where are those e-shops in Europe currently seling TLM sets under (or at) RRP? I still have some sets to buy to complete my collection...
Do send me a pm if more convenient. Tnx! ;)

in here, its these e-shops (only in czech language, but you can use automatic translation built into Google Chrome). 20 CZK = 1 USD. I just looked at them and they had like 40 % on almost every batman set, but now the discounts are gone but the sets are still available. So just to wait for the next round of discounts. 

www.dracik.cz
www.bambule.cz
www.sparkys.cz
www.pompo.cz

the largest classifieds site www.sbazar.cz

or you can also try Polish auction site www.allegro.pl - the largest in the regio. 

• 1 year later...