5004468 - LEGO Minifigure Iconic Easter

Elkkthunder

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:34 AM, Deanfjr said:

I just got back from my 2nd run to TRU, & I cleaned 'em out 

This is not a very popular thread, I wonder why not many are talking about this item, they are selling fast on ebay. I sold all my chicken men, and my TRU told me it was a 1-time shipment, I guess it is kind of hard to hype this little guy up. 

Edited by Deanfjr

7 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

This is not a very popular thread, I wonder why not many are talking about this item, they are selling fast on ebay. I sold all my chicken men, and my TRU told me it was a 1-time shipment, I guess it is kind of hard to hype this little guy up. 

roflbot.jpg

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

My store's never seen them, so that keeps me quiet. :( 

3 minutes ago, Poly 30286 said:

Can anyone confirm whether this was a GWP or not? I bought one last week, but $6 for one minifigure seems crazy. Why is it so iconic?

The costumed characters are usually the winners. I don't question it, but if someone will pay $20+ for the Series version of the chicken, I'd buy up some $5.99 ones too.

So TRU is essentially working the quick flip by selling a $4 item for $6? Similar to how they sell the leftover free bricktober sets for $20 after the promo ends? 

I just wanted to know if Iconic Easter was ever meant to be free gift with purchase or if they just decided they could make more money selling them outright.

So TRU is essentially working the quick flip by selling a $4 item for $6? Similar to how they sell the leftover free bricktober sets for $20 after the promo ends? 

I just wanted to know if Iconic Easter was ever meant to be free gift with purchase or if they just decided they could make more money selling them outright.

Wouldn't be surprised. Mine has NEVER given a freebee without me asking for it, even when there are hundreds of signs throughout the store or when they say they're all out. Maybe take down some of the signs then...

38 minutes ago, Deanfjr said:

My work week TRU, that I've checked with a couple of times this past week, has told me they never received any of them.  I've talked to multiple people on multiple days, getting the same story, so I'm pretty sure it's on target (and frankly I'm not surprised, either).

No, they are playing the undercutting game, selling a $20 minifigure for $6. Saying they selling a $4 item is like saying a retired SW set is retail

Just picked up 10 for price of 8 in UK supermarket. Glad I read this thread as I didn't realise there  was a market for these.  Turns out people are flipping them in batches of 10 for more than double retail. 

Plenty near me if first batch goes. I'm not usually a quick flipper but damn!!!