5004468 - LEGO Minifigure Iconic Easter

Elkkthunder

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 8:53 AM, Elkkthunder said:

Saw this on toysrus

Looks like an Easter promo or special

There goes market for chicken man

Wait till they start showing up at Meijer. Buy one get 3 free or some other ridiculous price...

$5.99 for a minifgure... That extra $2.00 that TRU is charging is for that cardboard outhouse...?

5 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

Wait till they start showing up at Meijer. Buy one get 3 free or some other ridiculous price...

$5.99 for a minifgure... That extra $2.00 that TRU is charging for the minifigure is for that cardboard outhouse...?

Well at least this time you get a cardboard house.  C-3PO is 5.99 and he is only three pieces.

That seriously irritates me if that's true about the bunny suit guy and chicken suit guy. I take pride in my cmf collection and am extremely happy to have finally gotten them for a great deal after all of this time and now that their rereleasing them that just shoves it down the toilet. They may as well remake mr gold and the rest of the good/ rare figures since they already destroyed the collectibility of 2 of their greatest mvp's. 

Edited by California92563
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

You get that this is an investment site, right...? emoji2.png

22 minutes ago, micbelt said:

With the current price of both bunny suit guy and chicken suit guy, how much higher were people expecting them to go anyway? There has been a lot of opportunity to sell both at a pretty high profit percentage.

I'm not sure of the intent in @micbelt 's original post, but I do think the point is valid, in that there is always the risk of remake. You'd like to hope LEGO stays away from CMF remakes, but if they will pull the WV Toy Shop remake and repeat UCS sets, you never know. 

@California2019's point is also valid, because collectors work hard to get the pieces they're missing, often at secondary market prices, then BAM, LEGO offers the same product up for free?

5 hours ago, California92563 said:

That seriously irritates me if that's true about the bunny suit guy and chicken suit guy. I take pride in my cmf collection and am extremely happy to have finally gotten them for a great deal after all of this time and now that their rereleasing them that just shoves it down the toilet. They may as well remake mr gold and the rest of the good/ rare figures since they already destroyed the collectibility of 2 of their greatest mvp's. 

I hear that as I have worked hard to get my animal suit people at a good price just need Bumblebee to complete the collection.  Lets see how fast the price goes down.  As of today the going rate for Bunny is $35ish and Chicken is $30.  The bumblebee is around $40 and the pig has made great strides lately as well.

15 minutes ago, wsuskee said:

I hear that as I have worked hard to get my animal suit people at a good price just need Bumblebee to complete the collection.  Lets see how fast the price goes down.  As of today the going rate for Bunny is $35ish and Chicken is $30.  The bumblebee is around $40 and the pig has made great strides lately as well.

That's funny the bumblebee girl is the only one I need too! 

Another shot across the bow.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=90236376&cp=&parentPage=search

Once off or a sign of things to come?

I like this for purely selfish reasons as it is a nice figure and I don't have one, but the collectable nature of LEGO is one of the things that makes it appealing to me so I hope that they don't dilute it with more re-releases.