5004468 - LEGO Minifigure Iconic Easter

Elkkthunder

6 minutes ago, JLEW700 said:

Mine had them in store on Sunday... They also sold out on Sunday.  Looks like the product page has been taken down at TRU.com also.

So this is going from a "oh my god now all my CMF chicken suit guys are WORTHLESS" to "Hey, a new limited edition item that only a select few have been able to collect so it will command a nice premium online once all stock is depleted"?

8 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So this is going from a "oh my god now all my CMF chicken suit guys are WORTHLESS" to "Hey, a new limited edition item that only a select few have been able to collect so it will command a nice premium online once all stock is depleted"?

Ebay prices dont seem to support this theory yet since you can buy in at $10-$13 and the original ones were going for $30ish.

1 hour ago, baschloinka said:

The 2x rewards (~8% back) beat VIP (5%), Target RedCard (5%) and Meijer (varies, but 2% is about typical with mperks rewards).  Add in price match, polybag promos, better discounted gift cards, and sales that are more frequent than any other B&M and TRU offers me plenty of incentive to shop there.

I believe there is a difference on the head stud.  (Really, really trying to not start ranting about the stupidity of BrickLink catalog minutia).

Sure enough, different head studs.  Now everyone's investment in the CMF Chicken Suit Guy is safe, since the TRU one is different.  Now everyone needs both.

TRU left, CMF Right

IMG_0208.thumb.jpg.66b07d47597e2633e45c7

• Like 2

all chickens gone in my area except one store that thinks its a "spend $30/free" promo. then they said it does not start until 3/6 and took the box away. i got mine before they took it to storage, but POS did not pull it up as a promo (automatically taken off), nor date blocked it. 

Edited by jerryherb

9 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

then they said it does not start until 3/6 and took the box away. i got mine before they took it to storage, but POS did not pull it up as a promo (automatically taken off), nor date blocked it. 

Not date blocked, just [*insert four letter male rooster name here]-blocked

Edited by zskid00
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, jerryherb said:

Point-Of-Sale as in register

I know.  I just thought it was an appropriately funny alternate interpretation I didn't want anyone to overlook given the history of less-than-stellar TRU employees (particularly seasonal staff).

Edited by baschloinka

8 hours ago, jerryherb said:

all chickens gone in my area except one store that thinks its a "spend $30/free" promo. then they said it does not start until 3/6 and took the box away. i got mine before they took it to storage, but POS did not pull it up as a promo (automatically taken off), nor date blocked it. 

I had the same from one store I called. Said they had it, but it was a giveaway because it was marked promo from 3/6 to 3/12.