What did you do today?

14 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Fortunately I heard the song I was looking for on TV today, still I need someone to tell me what song and from which band it is. Is there someone who could help me, the track starts as background music from 2 min 15 sec in this video:

http://world.webclips.fra.rtl.de//vod//videolounge09//20//472280_vhdl_20161025_j63919_03_beauty_light.mp4

Whoever might know it and post it here, thank you very much in advance!

Yup. It's Disclosure. A tune called You & Me. Great tune and great Album.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

Yup. It's Disclosure. A tune called You & Me. Great tune and great Album.

Great, thanks! I wasn't necessarily expecting to get a useful hint posting this on the Brickpicker forum but wanted to try it anyway - so: wow!

But important to note that it's the FLUME REMIX version, the "standard" track is nothing close to what I was looking for, as I just found out.

Edited by Frank Brickowski

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in Nashville Tennessee for a vacation with my wife and kids this week. Stopped at a little museum/memorabilia collection of the 1980's show Dukes of Hazard. I use to watch it as a kid, although all I really remember from it is the car and how the guys always entered it by jumping through the windows. So as I was looking at all the stuff, I spotted two Lego items. A model of the car, and a large mosaic of Daisy Duke. 72becdd6f547ff5b88e6197e6711d591.jpg6fe882e631d4fd1d63ff669c5da3f950.jpg0c3bffa14d44cb630bfaea66c97cc36a.jpg

• Like 9

• 4 weeks later...

Not only today. 

As I am thinking to rebuild my Lego City I downloaded the Lego Digital Designer program yesterday. It is a very helpful tool and it kept me up and busy most of the night. 

Some sets are really difficult to integrate and you need to be very creative. It is very time consuming if you want to make it the way you want it. Still contemplating if to use the street baseplates or make my own with standard baseplates and snots. The latter will mean alot of pick a brick orders as I have very few spare bricks left.

Also it is really a challenge to integrate trains into the setup. 

I am full of awesome ideas but any tips and advice are always welcome. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Not only today. 

As I am thinking to rebuild my Lego City I downloaded the Lego Digital Designer program yesterday. It is a very helpful tool and it kept me up and busy most of the night. 

Some sets are really difficult to integrate and you need to be very creative. It is very time consuming if you want to make it the way you want it. Still contemplating if to use the street baseplates or make my own with standard baseplates and snots. The latter will mean alot of pick a brick orders as I have very few spare bricks left.

Also it is really a challenge to integrate trains into the setup. 

I am full of awesome ideas but any tips and advice are always welcome. 

Black bricks sideways give a really great street effect too - might be less expensive than plates and tiles, but still, best done if you can get access to LUGBULK.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Traffic in San Diego is pretty typical of Southern California traffic year round. If you aren't used to driving in a busy city, be careful. The Malls and Balboa Park are extra busy this time of year for holiday stuff.

Here's a couple more pictures from today:

Nice marmot.

• Like 1

On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:57 PM, brickcrazyhouse said:

@Ciglione I haven't made this IRL yet but I've seen this done.  Makes it so tracks can be used over baseplates and cross traffic can make it over. just an idea 

That looks awesome. Just wondering how to attach it if the track is bend. 

I already have alot of baseplates. So it is a shame not to use them. Although with self-made roads you have more flexibility.

Guest TabbyBoy

I spent most of today getting my LEGO inventory 100% and getting toy dealers lined up to buy at least 75% of it. It's time to throw out the deadwood.

Guest brickcrazyhouse
10 hours ago, Ciglione said:

That looks awesome. Just wondering how to attach it if the track is bend. 

this might help

Edited by brickcrazyhouse