What did you do today?

b627a5fad2032fcae1921dc40ffee4a4.jpg72209790e7b0566e8b18a367dfb1d45c.jpg

here is the last of the birthday party stuff that I am going to post. I wasn't sure how much use this was going to get, but those kids played with the car ramp for almost the entire time. I was going to make one out of plywood, but didnt want to invest the time for some thing that was going to get used for a few minutes. All I ended up using was a long piece of cardboard, some foam insulation tape for the edges, paint for the finish line and some other boxes to prop it up. It was totally worth it. My kids are still using it two days later. Had some lego prizes for thr winning cars and everyone had a blast!

• Like 9

5 hours ago, kfishe2 said:
here is the last of the birthday party stuff that I am going to post. I wasn't sure how much use this was going to get, but those kids played with the car ramp for almost the entire time. I was going to make one out of plywood, but didnt want to invest the time for some thing that was going to get used for a few minutes. All I ended up using was a long piece of cardboard, some foam insulation tape for the edges, paint for the finish line and some other boxes to prop it up. It was totally worth it. My kids are still using it two days later. Had some lego prizes for thr winning cars and everyone had a blast!

Very cool. Did they build LEGO "derby cars" to race, I assume? Fantastic idea for a cheap-yet-fun bday party activity.

Very cool. Did they build LEGO "derby cars" to race, I assume? Fantastic idea for a cheap-yet-fun bday party activity.

Yeah I had a bunch of those mcdonalds Lego Racer happy meal toys from awhile ago. Basically Lego premade car bases with wheels. Added a big box of random pieces for them to build with and we were in business. I was going to throw all of those bases out awhile ago but was glad I didnt.

• 2 weeks later...

Watching some documentary about inside Lego at xmas 2015 (in the UK) - really interesting.  Some insight into the call center and you can get an idea what people are calling OOS items, VIP points, promotions ... some companies customer services are non existent but the TLG guys really are champions (thats coming from personal experience :) )

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 0:44 PM, Manse1001 said:

Enjoyed making a fairy garden with my son, for him and his sister. Like Lego, I love the detail of these little miniature world sets. More to add over the next few weekends, but plenty of fun to be had in the mean time.

To have a backyard like that in SoCal!

• Like 1

You would think, living in San Diego and a new LEGO Store opening this weekend, that's where I would be. But no. A buddy of mine went and went this pic:

d7ce1f35717cdd7d01f54d8a0efdf930.jpg

He said they waited two hours to get to that point and it was going to be at least another two to get in.

As much as u wanted to do that, I couldn't. My 8 year old had been invited to a birthday trip to The American Girl Doll store in Los Angeles. My wife his a huge fan so she wanted to go to. So we all drove up there together.

My 4 year old and I took the opportunity to hit up the large B&N there (yes there were some sale sets there - I stress were because they came home with us). We hit the TRU event and played at a park nearby. We ran out of time to hit the La Brea Tar Pits, though.

After we picked up the girls, we took a drive through Beverly Hills for fun. The houses are incredible. And we drove down Rodeo Drive. Some of the cars and houses are ridiculous. Including this one:

f5a6dd37d6e9361ce65cffc822994829.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

I was having a chilled out morning until my 10 year old could not find the only spare Lego car chassis that he has so it then was up to me to hunt for it including the empty boxes in the attic,still never found it!

He then decided to claim & build 60134 that his mum had treated herself to from a trip to the nearest Lego store(4 hour drive)

Then walked to the newsagent to get a free Lego set

• 2 weeks later...
On 9.10.2016 at 0:43 AM, Frank Brickowski said:

I've been asking myself if anyone knows this (alternative / pop / electro?) song that uses reverse-played chords in the chorus (with no lyrics) and has a melody that goes like:

C C D E C / A G A G / ...

Definitely something from the last 10 years or so, modern stuff.

Fortunately I heard the song I was looking for on TV today, still I need someone to tell me what song and from which band it is. Is there someone who could help me, the track starts as background music from 2 min 15 sec in this video:

http://world.webclips.fra.rtl.de//vod//videolounge09//20//472280_vhdl_20161025_j63919_03_beauty_light.mp4

Whoever might know it and post it here, thank you very much in advance!

Edited by Frank Brickowski