Costco Canada Deals

Zender

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

I just randomly check every day, and noticed these. It was just a lucky break. I’m sure they will restock NC. I think this is the first time they’ve offered it for sale.

Second time!  And didn't last long the first time, either.  Add me to the "keep missing it" boat.

4 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

Man, this is scary. You know Walmart's got those cases listed for 139 each? If they go back in stock, these cases will make a lot of people choke hard.

That’s just a mix up with the Statue of Liberty and single packet listings. People had said they ordered the CMF ‘case’ and got the Statue of Liberty instead. Minnie Mouse Brick head also has a picture of the Harry Potter spider set. Walmart is being slow at fixing their listings. 

1 hour ago, eliminator said:

I almost loaded up on them a earlier this month, but flinched as they were $150 (vice $200 MSRP). Will wait for 20% EOL and hope for a free gift and/or double-VIP points.

I had no intention on picking up the DO this year. Was gonna stock up a bit on PR. But the retiring soon thread have me think DO may get the boot soon. So I will pick up a few shortly than be sorry. But on the same token, investing in big sets doesn't yield a high ROI in today's environment. 

10 hours ago, eliminator said:

This was back in stock since last week. And I'm not sure whether money can be made. I saw a few guys put it up for $150USD on ebay. There might be cheaper options to get this in the US.

On 8/28/2018 at 10:45 PM, ChristopherJB said:

Well, whoever sniped them probably got A+ in their Finance 101 class. 149CAD for the detective office and lowest on ebay in USD is 173. That's a no brainer to me. 149CAD is around 120USD.

More like a D.

173 USD = 224 CAD

Less 150+ Tax (1.13) = 169

Less Fleabay 10%  + PP (3%) = 224(.13) = 29

So Net profit after all the bs is what...26 bucks? 

Not even remotely worth the hassle. On top of that, they can buy it at SAH for 160 USD + whatever tax and free shipping/vip points/freebie. 

Not sure of others, but my time is worth a hell of a lot more than that. Time's the only commodity you can never ever get back. 

More like a D.
173 USD = 224 CAD
Not even remotely worth the hassle. On top of that, they can buy it at SAH for 160 USD + whatever tax and free shipping/vip points/freebie. 
Not sure of others, but my time is worth a hell of a lot more than that. Time's the only commodity you can never ever get back. 

Isn't it funny that some people buy to hold or buy to build. These people aren't necessarily interested in hotcakes.

14 minutes ago, redghostx said:
3 hours ago, vroom34 said:
More like a D.
173 USD = 224 CAD

Isn't it funny that some people buy to hold or buy to build. These people aren't necessarily interested in hotcakes.

Agreed! I bought for myself and considered the price a good deal. Pretty rare to see good prices on Ninjago City and Creator Expert sets. I'm very happy with this deal :)

22 minutes ago, Rebel Bricks said:

Agreed! I bought for myself and considered the price a good deal. Pretty rare to see good prices on Ninjago City and Creator Expert sets. I'm very happy with this deal :)

I was happy to pick said sets up for my personal collection. No QFFL for me though. I'd rather enjoy the build.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Shneebs said:

I’m thinking this may actually be a decent investment, post retirement... does anyone know how many per shipping box/case?

Almost certain it's 2.

Think this will be gone by 2019? Finances are low for me atm, but you may be right about it being a good investment. It's still available and I'm still on the fence.

Edited by jimmajenga

5 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

Think this will be gone by 2019?...

Well, one fairly good predictor (in Canada at least) is when Walmart.ca marks sets “clearance” and reduces the price on their website... it’s still full price there, but bestbuy online has it at $99.98 (with most regular price item ending in .99), so with Best Buy & Costco having already marked it down, that’s two retailers... if Walmart marks it down soon, I’d feel pretty confident that EOL is near... 

Oh, and they’re all gone from Costco.ca now btw...

Edited by Shneebs
  • Like 1