40139 - Gingerbread House

capsa77

3 hours ago, donbee said:

I want to see how much a used set goes for and if the used market will decimate the new. At least I eBay and BrickLink.

Seems no one is interested in the used ones.

I wonder who will start buying the expensive ones still on the market expecting them to double in price within a week?

Guessing that the end game of the buyer is to unload them ay 80-100 USD undercutting the few sets that are still listed and then gradually upping the price but you need buyers for that too.

One final point - you needed to spend 65 euros to get this set and it´s worth looking at how the items bought to get it are performing. If someone bought a 10188 Death Star or Red 5 at fulll whack, they´ll be losing money hand over fist on the whole deal.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

Bought 8 last nite from an eBay seller who has "choice" in his title. (He Still has other holiday sets in a group). He confirmed my payment and the boxes conditions last nite. Then Packed the items this morning, printed a label, then I guess double checked eBay for current prices and swiftly canceled my sale. Anything I can do aside from a Caps locked negative feedback?

3 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Bought 8 last nite from an eBay seller who has "choice" in his title. (He Still has other holiday sets in a group). He confirmed my payment and the boxes conditions last nite. Then Packed the items this morning, printed a label, then I guess double checked eBay for current prices and swiftly canceled my sale. Anything I can do aside from a Caps locked negative feedback?

Not really - I would suggest that you block the ebayer before you leave any negative.

Not really - I would suggest that you block the ebayer before you leave any negative.

Great idea. Thanx man. I mean what an asshat!! He is Still trying to get me to believe he doesn't have a product that he boxed and printed the label for this AM. Not to mention confirmation of the sets condition in my eBay messages last night. Then he goes on to say he "may" have some in his warehouse,that He would check Monday!! Really?? So he cancels my sale rather than go look or even easier just wait to mail my item on Monday. I easily called BS. He won't respond now as he knows I have caught him in 2 lies already. He went on to say "I have perfect feedback" , which I guess he doesn't understand having 3 negative feedbacks (before mine) doesn't equal perfection. Oh well, would have been easy money. Obviously if he sells something under market value he will cancel your sale! Placing bets now they show up for sale in Missouri under another account! Or maybe even his.

2 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Great idea. Thanx man. I mean what an asshat!! He is Still trying to get me to believe he doesn't have a product that he boxed and printed the label for this AM. Not to mention confirmation of the sets condition in my eBay messages last night. Then he goes on to say he "may" have some in his warehouse,that He would check Monday!! Really?? So he cancels my sale rather than go look or even easier just wait to mail my item on Monday. I easily called BS. He won't respond now as he knows I have caught him in 2 lies already. He went on to say "I have perfect feedback" , which I guess he doesn't understand having 3 negative feedbacks (before mine) doesn't equal perfection. Oh well, would have been easy money. Obviously if he sells something under market value he will cancel your sale! Placing bets now they show up for sale in Missouri under another account! Or maybe even his.

How much were they listed for?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

It's usually always best to avoid getting into a back & forth (won't change things, and it will just make you feel worse).

Make sure you avoid any comments that touch on neg feedback, as that is one way of that sellers can get negatives removed fairly easily (Feedback extortion).

11 hours ago, Val-E said:

Seems no one is interested in the used ones.

I wonder who will start buying the expensive ones still on the market expecting them to double in price within a week?

Guessing that the end game of the buyer is to unload them ay 80-100 USD undercutting the few sets that are still listed and then gradually upping the price but you need buyers for that too.

One final point - you needed to spend 65 euros to get this set and it´s worth looking at how the items bought to get it are performing. If someone bought a 10188 Death Star or Red 5 at fulll whack, they´ll be losing money hand over fist on the whole deal.

Probably belongs on the R5 thread, but definitely haven't lost any money on that. They seem to be selling okay still in France. On topic: Just sold 3x GBH for 100 each in US. What IS the deal with this set right now? Seems sorta insane. 

1 hour ago, Martae54 said:

An eBay seller did the same thing to me.

1vkvt1.jpg

32 minutes ago, lukiepete said:

Probably belongs on the R5 thread, but definitely haven't lost any money on that. They seem to be selling okay still in France. On topic: Just sold 3x GBH for 100 each in US. What IS the deal with this set right now? Seems sorta insane. 

Seems Donald Trump discovered Lego investing. He is testing the water with this set but I am sure his advisors will soon tell him to corner the Pet Shop market.

16 minutes ago, JoshB said:

Do you think this thing will increase in value as we get closer to the Christmas season?

I kind of doubt it. There was apparently a big run on this set this week as someone (or multiple people) bought them up to corner the market. I just don't see the end consumer paying more. Also, many of these sets will be returned. I think I had about five returned last year due to "too small", and these were probably sold for around $100 each.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I kind of doubt it. There was apparently a big run on this set this week as someone (or multiple people) bought them up to corner the market. I just don't see the end consumer paying more. Also, many of these sets will be returned. I think I had about five returned last year due to "too small", and these were probably sold for around $100 each.

Agree. I would list any sets right now, in the middle of this bizarre Gingerbread-fest.

• Like 1