42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

• 2 months later...

Time is running out on this one, but last year the crane was reduced quite a lot on Amazon.de during its last days. Amazon UK price is not great right now so the option of buying a gift card to lock in the good exchange rate and waiting for a better real discounts seems sensible. I´d be looking for 50% on RRP.

• Like 1

This one seems to be popular and sells quickly even with small discount so I doubt you would be able to get it 50% off. I would like 1 myself for Christmas and I am ok if I can buy it at TRU for 144€ (180€ actual - 20% expected pre-Christmas discount)

• Like 1

thank you both for your perspective! :-) I will keep close attention to my alerts and notifications on the 3 amazon sites then

thanks Val-e for the reminder about the gift card: I remember you writing this suggestion in other thread: it is a great and cheap way to implement a currency rate swap :-)

• Like 1

thank you both for your perspective! :-) I will keep close attention to my alerts and notifications on the 3 amazon sites then
thanks Val-e for the reminder about the gift card: I remember you writing this suggestion in other thread: it is a great and cheap way to implement a currency rate swap :-)

Keep in mind that the GBP - EUR rate may not have reached the bottom...
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Simon74 said:

Amazon rate is now 1.154 euros and they only update it once a day so you can always act based on an individual day´s trading.  Those who are planning to buy a lot or items that will EOL soon might well want to ensure a few vouchers at that level and then get more a bit later. Swings can go both ways even though the mid term trend would appear downards. If it´s against USD; any more Trump antics over the next few days could also have an effect.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, seth said:

Keep in mind that the GBP - EUR rate may not have reached the bottom...

agreed, indeed the rate is at the lowest for the last 7 years (except that "moment" 5 years ago)

however this is no guarantee it would not go any lower...

either way I believe right now it is a good moment to buy and if it goes any lower then we'll keep buying :-)

(we are a bit off topic but this is an interesting subject)

GBP.jpg

9 hours ago, Val-E said:

The 7 GBP promo for 30 GBP spent on a gift voucher sweetens the deal even more. To me, it´s a no brainer.

What's the usual manner they give you that £7 promo as I bought a £30 gift voucher last week after seeing it advertised on Amazon.co.uk and still no email back from them despite it meant to be 48 hours max?

it seems a targeted offer:

<<
Buy £30 in Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards in Gift Boxes, Get a £7 promo code to spend at Amazon.co.uk

Enjoy this exclusive offer: Click the button 'Click to qualify for the promotion code' below, and then purchase at least £30 in Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards in Gift Boxes, in a single order on Amazon.co.uk by 31 October, 2015.
We'll e-mail you a £7 promotional code, two days after your gift card purchase.
The £7 promotional code can be spent on products sold by Amazon on Amazon.co.uk until 16 December, 2015. Read the Terms and Conditions of the Promotion for more details.

Important Notification: This offer is ONLY valid for customers who have received the offer invitation from Amazon.co.uk either on the Amazon.co.uk website, or via e-mail. If you did not directly receive an offer invitation from Amazon.co.uk, you are not eligible for this offer.
To qualify, you must:
(1) stay signed in to the Amazon.co.uk account when you clicked through the offer on the Amazon.co.uk website, or be signed in to the Amazon.co.uk account associated with the e-mail address to which the e-mail invitation was sent,
(2) click the button 'Click to qualify for the promotion code' below, and
(3) purchase at least £30 in any Amazon.co.uk Gift Cards in Gift Boxes, in a single order.>>

1 hour ago, Anomander said:

What's the usual manner they give you that £7 promo as I bought a £30 gift voucher last week after seeing it advertised on Amazon.co.uk and still no email back from them despite it meant to be 48 hours max?

It´s luck. The link on coupons pages did not work but it appeared in my shopping basket this morning. Might have something to with me not actual confirming the purchase and they want to push me as I have been using it to compare exchange rates!

If you don´t validate the Amazon promo link first, you won´t get the offer when you buy a gift voucher.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

Just to give some data out on vouchers, I bought the 30 quid one today and it cost me €34.50 with Amazon converter. That works out at an exchange rate of 1.15 against the 1.11 official market rate, in increase of 4%. if you pay in GBP and use your own credit card company´s rate, you will probably pay 3% more (standard CC commission) so the difference is negligible, unless you are purchasing a huge amount or you have a no comms deal on your credit card. You will only find out the hit once the transaction is done and can´t cancel so Amazon´s converter is a safer, if more expensive method.

Applying the 7 pound promo to a 30gbp purchase gives a rate of 0.93 - a rate unlikely to be beaten unless the sky falls in on the UK.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2016 at 5:30 AM, kumas said:

This one seems to be popular and sells quickly even with small discount so I doubt you would be able to get it 50% off. I would like 1 myself for Christmas and I am ok if I can buy it at TRU for 144€ (180€ actual - 20% expected pre-Christmas discount)

I see you got a few more than 1 unit :-) nice price at EUR 150.

At this point I still looking for my own copy but I'll follow Val-E advice and wait for better discounts. If no discount will appear then my loss and I will put more efforts into looking for used units (by the way the used unit prices are tight, power functions and such are keeping the used value steady and firm). If the discount will appear I might actually get one extra copy (and pass a commission to Val-E ;-)).

Not yet. I was not able to get the GBP 7 off yet. I did lock the FX for GBP 100.

Also thought that if I back order one and the price goes up Amazon would charge me the higher price... am I incorrect? If it pops back at higher price... I can  still cancel the order. Right?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...