42030 - Volvo L350F Wheel Loader

You just had to post that... I already wanted it but my wallet can't take much more of this. I have to buy snow tires for my car this year you know!!

This is one of those rare technic sets (to me at least) where I want to build and keep both builds - I just wish the dump truck model had two more tires and a little more body work for the dump bed.

Like most Technic sets, it is impossible for the box photos- no matter how nice- to do them justice (I learned this lesson after building the Grand Prix car for our personal collection). Seeing is believing... Great video and a killer set. On the list as a family display piece.

As long as it is not marked as Hot Price at TRU stores, you can always get similar deal with a combination of coupon, discount GC, TRU CC on Thursdays. Yes, does require having magic ingredients, and yes, you have to visit the store, but at least you get to pick the box, and you don't have to wait weeks

Why bother?   This is easy...one click.

I have found on several orders I have had to pay tax when it arrives in Canada. Is this the case in the US as well?

Anything over $25 being shipped to you (gift or commercial goods) is taxable in Canada. Canada Post often doesn't bother when it's less than $50 though, especially if it's posted with no signature required and they can leave it at your door.

Someone from the US correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it $250 for you guys?

Someone from the US correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it $250 for you guys?

I have no idea what triggers import duties in the US.  It might not be a fixed dollar value, but Instead be based on what product type is declared? I think you can import any dollar value of toys for personal use without paying duties (but I could be wrong).

Nothing I've ever bought from another country (China, France, UK, Germany, Canada, Australia, Japan, India) has ever come with customs due.

Since there is no VAT or GST in the United States, customs duties don't serve the same purpose as in other jurisdictions.

Edited by Spanky

I guess some people are picky about the box condition and they want to go to the store and pick out the box themselves. I know I have done that in the past. Also, you don't have to wait to get the set, whether it's a few days or few weeks.

Box condition means very little if you can save $60 on an exclusive set in the US.
  • Like 1