Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

7 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Thanks Phil, i thought about doing something simple like this and indeed toss most things that would be Poor unless it could be used for fillers but then again, let's be serious, do I really care about selling something for a penny anyway.  waste of time

Also, one follow up question, is there a way to download your inventory back into a file compatible with Brickstock?  I tried several ways but am not able to figure out how to go backwards once inventory has been loaded into bricklink.

You have to download your entire inventory into Brickstock and then you can save a bsx file or whatever the extension is.

Just now, Pebble&Park said:

You have to download your entire inventory into Brickstock and then you can save a bsx file or whatever the extension is.

Ok, I'll try again when I get home tonight.  All the file types I was able to save as wouldn't load into Brickstock, must be user error as usual.  Thanks for reply.

Just now, LegoMan1212 said:

Ok, I'll try again when I get home tonight.  All the file types I was able to save as wouldn't load into Brickstock, must be user error as usual.  Thanks for reply.

Sorry, I meant import instead of download. In Brickstock, do a file > import > bricklink store inventory. Then from within Brickstock you can save a bsx file.

might be slight confusion in the question.  I'm trying to download my inventory from Bricklink to put it back into Brickstock so i can make adjustments, then load back into Brinklink again.  I feel this is an easier way to get prices back around sales averages than going through piece by piece.

1 minute ago, LegoMan1212 said:

might be slight confusion in the question.  I'm trying to download my inventory from Bricklink to put it back into Brickstock so i can make adjustments, then load back into Brinklink again.  I feel this is an easier way to get prices back around sales averages than going through piece by piece.

Then do the exact command above to import your store into Brickstock, then do a Mass Update instead of Mass Upload to just adjust what is already in your store. 

2 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Then do the exact command above to import your store into Brickstock, then do a Mass Update instead of Mass Upload to just adjust what is already in your store. 

Only works if you have a paid license for BrickStock though, so maybe this is a good time to pony up the $20 :)

3 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Only works if you have a paid license for BrickStock though, so maybe this is a good time to pony up the $20 :)

I think I just didn't realize that the option is in brickstock and not in bricklink.  I may have been looking in the wrong place.  I can't wait to get home tonight to play around with this!  I worry so much about losing my online inventory because I couldn't imagine having to re-do that again. 

I have a slight feeling that Brickstock does more than I realize I can do with it.  This makes it seem like you can download your inventory nightly and it will possibly track the prices you've sold things at??  Maybe that is too advanced and wishful thinking though.

Edited by LegoMan1212
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

I think I just didn't realize that the option is in brickstock and not in bricklink.  I may have been looking in the wrong place.  I can't wait to get home tonight to play around with this!  I worry so much about losing my online inventory because I couldn't imagine having to re-do that again. 

I have a slight feeling that Brickstock does more than I realize I can do with it.  This makes it seem like you can download your inventory nightly and it will possibly track the prices you've sold things at??  Maybe that is too advanced and wishful thinking though.

thank you for inspiring me to backup my store tonight - redoing 150k pieces would be a nightmare. 

Be careful, the last time I backed up a major undertaking it was in 2001.  My friends went to a house party and i stayed in to back-up and clean-up my computer (one of those with the huge heavy ass monitors) and it was a very cold winter night.  I went to first uninstall a video game that I never played, and it erased by ENTIRE hard drive.  I lost nearly 5,000 songs (which was hip at the time) that I got from Napster, many movies, and every other program and file I had.  It was one of the worst nights ever, then had to go pick up my friends from the party, and they wouldn't leave.  I should have just went out drinking too!

So moral of the story, you may want to grab a beer instead.

25 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

thank you for inspiring me to backup my store tonight - redoing 150k pieces would be a nightmare. 

FWIW, BrickSync keeps a copy of your inventory offline as well, so if you have that $20 piece of software (an even better investment than the $20 for BrickStock) you might already have an active backup somewhere in the BrickSync file structure. Doesn't protect you against a wipe and then sync of your BL inventory, but might make it easier to grab a copy.

15 hours ago, glostik said:

How do you guys ship to Russia through Bricklink?

I know their postal system is awful and it always makes me nervous.

Surprisingly, we've never had a problem sending anything to Russia.  If you use a postage service (like Endicia), you can get reasonably priced 3rd party insurance that will cover loss.  I've also ordered from Russia with no problem.

How do I ship to this type of address?

APO
AE 09067

First time coming across a military address.  Do I have to fill out any other special forms for this? Can you do this via paypal shipping too?  How do I estimate shipping cost on this (is it any different than shipping cross-country?)  Thanks

Guest betsy805
1 minute ago, LegoMan1212 said:

How do I ship to this type of address?

APO
AE 09067

First time coming across a military address.  Do I have to fill out any other special forms for this? Can you do this via paypal shipping too?  How do I estimate shipping cost on this (is it any different than shipping cross-country?)  Thanks

it's the same price as shipping domestically

Guest betsy805
10 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Thanks, need to follow up, is there anything else I need to do that is different than normal?

If you print your labels from paypal there is really nothing you need to do as the address auto populates.  I've shipped to overseas military addresses before and don't remember any special forms.  If there are it will let you know before you can print the label.

I placed my first two orders ever on Bricklink four days ago.

For one order, the seller has not bothered to send me the invoice so that I can pay.

For the other order, the seller sent me the invoice after a day of waiting. But he attached a weird message, so I had to respond before paying to ask what the heck he meant. He has not responded.

Is this crap normal for Bricklink? Seems too tedious to mess with.

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

I placed my first two orders ever on Bricklink four days ago.

For one order, the seller has not bothered to send me the invoice so that I can pay.

For the other order, the seller sent me the invoice after a day of waiting. But he attached a weird message, so I had to respond before paying to ask what the heck he meant. He has not responded.

Is this crap normal for Bricklink? Seems too tedious to mess with.

All I can say is that there are some out there, like myself, that invoice and ship as fast as I can (same day or next day is the goal).  I communicate often so you and I know what the status is.  

I am in the same boat as you though, I made 2 purchases with other members over a week ago.  One just got shipped a day or so ago (after 7 days of waiting) and the other one has no activity on it.  I have emailed the seller even to verify that my payment came through, which it has, but again, I am still waiting for any tracking to start.  It only makes me love myself that much more :)   

(please don't mind the plug but it's true, see feedback plz) 

Edited by LegoMan1212
  • Like 2