Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

On 4/30/2017 at 0:29 PM, Bold-Arrow said:

i'm trying to buy several items but none of them are adding to my cart, is there a glitch with the site atm ?

so my issue persists. i "purchased "an item 4 days ago, haven't been invoiced yet and seller is unresponsive ( i just noticed that they havent been active since feb ), hence i havent paid yet. . i am trying to purchase same item from another seller but that item won't add to cart neither would any other random set that i tried from various sellers.

i opened a ticket with BL, in the meanwhile are those two events related ? I rarely buy from BL so i dont know how the system works. 

3 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

so my issue persists. i "purchased "an item 4 days ago, haven't been invoiced yet and seller is unresponsive ( i just noticed that they havent been active since feb ), hence i havent paid yet. . i am trying to purchase same item from another seller but that item won't add to cart neither would any other random set that i tried from various sellers.

i opened a ticket with BL, in the meanwhile are those two events related ? I rarely buy from BL so i dont know how the system works. 

Hmmm, im soooo not a computer guy but just try from somebody elses device maybe?

I added a set to my bL inventory and sold within 24h so whoever bought it doesn't have your issue either. 

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

yes; home pc, ipad, mobile , work pc , various browsers. 

Are you a trouble maker? Did You get a bam hammer from BL? Jk. 

Edited by Lordoflego
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Lordoflego said:

I added a set to my bL inventory and sold within 24h so whoever bought it doesn't have your issue either. 

Are you a trouble maker? Did You get a bam hammer from BL? Jk. 

i havent been banned since January, guess i'm due for one .  

• Like 6

@Stragus is too humble - his program kicks ass.   We do the "toggle" every day or so and it works fine.   The problem is that we have 3-4 employees that may make minor adjustments in BL throughout the day, part out a set here or there, cancel an order, etc.   I realize that it could sync over a manual update in BL, but we haven't seen that happen (or haven't noticed if it did).   So don't stress if you forget to turn "on" before your change.  It should be fine.

BTW, that last item is important...  canceling an order on BL and returning the items to stock will NOT sync to BO unless you force it.  That's because a cancelled order doesn't show up when BS "fetches orders" from BL.  So BS never knows the status changed to cancelled.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, DadsAFOL said:

@Stragus is too humble - his program kicks ass.   We do the "toggle" every day or so and it works fine.   The problem is that we have 3-4 employees that may make minor adjustments in BL throughout the day, part out a set here or there, cancel an order, etc.   I realize that it could sync over a manual update in BL, but we haven't seen that happen (or haven't noticed if it did).   So don't stress if you forget to turn "on" before your change.  It should be fine.

BTW, that last item is important...  canceling an order on BL and returning the items to stock will NOT sync to BO unless you force it.  That's because a cancelled order doesn't show up when BS "fetches orders" from BL.  So BS never knows the status changed to cancelled.

Do you do a "deep sync" using the "sync" command to get your inventory correct when cancelling an order?

9 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I would actually recommend the option said before "try a new browser - as in IE/Chrome/FF" for this transaction, or a different computer.  It is not uncommon for a stale cached cookie or session ID cache to stop shopping baskets or bank access from working. 

#0 is the perfect size for poly bags and most of my orders. On the subject, I finally settled in my favorite mailer: Sunuku Mailers. They are on eBay and have a website. They are the cheapest US mailers I've found. Highly recommended if you've yet to choose a brand.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, tacsniper said:

This maybe a dumb question, where i can check how many people have certain a set on their want list?

Price Guide, under your own " Add to wanted List"  you'll see a number of others that have it on theirs.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?S=6720-1#T=P

Example attached to make sure you are on the right Price Guide page.  here 97 people "claim" to want it

Edited by LegoMan1212

1 hour ago, tacsniper said:

Is it possible to expand the height of each row in Brickstock so I don't have to pull out a 25x magnify class when I put bricks away?

well, if you want a really lousy way to do it...   you could always use "windows key" "+"  and "-"

I've added a lot of Used pieces to my collection, however, fear that my description of the pieces may hinder sales but I also don't want to sell something that may slip through the review of the pieces while making sure the buyer is confident in my inventory.

So for my Used pieces, I generally say they are in Good, Fair, or Poor condition, unless they are minifigures that were for Display Only.  I go through every minifigure part and accessories meticulously and note any imperfection, if any but I have a hard time saying "like new or Great or better phrases" because there are possibly surface scratches if you look for them by bending the light (like most pieces that are used) and possibly a very small scratch that I didn't see initially.  Basically, looking for advice on how to best get across to customers that Good also means "no noticeable scratches/dents/etc...".  I just have a sense that my rating system from the get-go may get someone to turn around and go somewhere else if they don't read the Terms on my grading system which basically is...

Good = Other than possibly surface scratches, no noticeable scratches or dents (slight fading possible)

Fair = Noticeable scratch or dent or possible fading as noted usually

Poor = heavily scratched, or dent, or heavily faded as noted

In the end, basically want to know if these words are good to use or do you have any suggestions on better ones that buyers like to see more than others that gets the point across but doesn't deter buyers.  Overall, I have 100% faith in how I have sorted and broken down the conditions but unless it was nearly never played with, have a hard time saying the piece is "like new" or better than Good.

thanks for any feedback

Your "Poor" would be my "Toss". Maybe as play material for my kids. I wouldn't make a condition note on "Good" - that's default, and only make note of the "Fair" items' condition. Plus a generic note in the Terms to indicate that Used pieces meet the above "Good" description, and that deviations from that standard are noted in the comment. Then mention that you're human and can make errors, and that you appreciate a chance to make it right should this happen.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Phil B said:

Your "Poor" would be my "Toss". Maybe as play material for my kids. I wouldn't make a condition note on "Good" - that's default, and only make note of the "Fair" items' condition. Plus a generic note in the Terms to indicate that Used pieces meet the above "Good" description, and that deviations from that standard are noted in the comment. Then mention that you're human and can make errors, and that you appreciate a chance to make it right should this happen.

Thanks Phil, i thought about doing something simple like this and indeed toss most things that would be Poor unless it could be used for fillers but then again, let's be serious, do I really care about selling something for a penny anyway.  waste of time

Also, one follow up question, is there a way to download your inventory back into a file compatible with Brickstock?  I tried several ways but am not able to figure out how to go backwards once inventory has been loaded into bricklink.