Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

Any tip on where I can find this option? Can't find it on the store settings and impossible to find on the forum. 

Thanks

I don't remember exactly and of course can't see it anymore. It's somewhere on your feedback pages. But I think there is a limited window related to your first sale or feedback, then you lose the option to do the boost.

Guest betsy805

Any tip on where I can find this option? Can't find it on the store settings and impossible to find on the forum. 

Thanks

I accessed it on the feedback page.  When I clicked my '0' feedback, it took me to my feedback page with a link that I could click for that option.  The contact email I used was [email protected]

Hello, how do you put a direct payment link into the invoice email so the buyer can just click it and pay? I have found that there are quite a few different ways to do it but I'm not sure which way will actually work. Just curious to see what you guys use. Thanks.

Hello, how do you put a direct payment link into the invoice email so the buyer can just click it and pay? I have found that there are quite a few different ways to do it but I'm not sure which way will actually work. Just curious to see what you guys use. Thanks.

My answer is right here, now buried on page 9. 

http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/13646-bricklink-discussion-questions-answers/page-9#entry383872

Hope that helps and feel free to contact me by PM with additional questions.

• Like 1

For the BrickLink sellers out there, how much of your inventory do you consider dead inventory (meaning you don't count on selling it for a very long time)?

I've heard from some large sellers (500K+ parts) that it can be as high as 50%.

When you part out a set, do you count on not selling a certain percentage so that you can budget?

For the BrickLink sellers out there, how much of your inventory do you consider dead inventory (meaning you don't count on selling it for a very long time)?

160k parts here, and I don't believe in dead inventory. If a seller thinks he has dead inventory, the parts aren't priced right for the low demand. You can even set price so low to create a demand where none existed.

Of course, it may not fetch as much as what the seller thought when parting out, but the inventory is not dead. There's very little stuff that wouldn't move even if given away for free (like most instructions and boxes).

Edited by Stragus
  • Like 2

Thanks DadsAFOL (by the way, I've shopped in your store several times and love your service!).

Just received an order from DadsAFOL today.  Happy as well.

I got a few BL orders in today, and unfortunately, I'm not happy.  Got the worst thing you can get (IMO) - an envelope that reeks of cigarette smoke, and parts that reek of cigarette smoke.

I ordered new parts.  The store says that the parts are either from a Lego Store or from sets.  The owner has a ton of great feedback (over 500+ with only one neutral and no negative over the last year).  No feedback mentions smoke.  His store terms don't mention one way or the other anything about smoke.  The items were packed better than I would have expected.  With all of that, I'm quite surprised that they showed up in this condition.

The lesson here, though, is to email the store owner and give them a chance - I've done that, and we'll see what the response back is.  I'm not going to go to the immediate neutral or negative feedback, that doesn't solve anything.

I've had a couple of buyers message me about shipping to China on BL, when I tell them that I don't ship to China, they give me a U.S. Address (which I do ship to) normally this wouldn't bother me, but they all want to buy cases of CMF with an order over $3000. Any thoughts? Ship, don't ship? Not quite certain of what I want to do.

I've had a couple of buyers message me about shipping to China on BL, when I tell them that I don't ship to China, they give me a U.S. Address (which I do ship to) normally this wouldn't bother me, but they all want to buy cases of CMF with an order over $3000. Any thoughts? Ship, don't ship? Not quite certain of what I want to do.

It's safe. These CMF items are money makers in China. Chinese people in China can't get a hold of them so a lot of Chinese resellers here in the U.S. would stock them from here in the U.S. and sell them in China for 2x - 5x the price. China is booming millionaires every minute as we breath, there will be more millionaires willingness to pay 5x the price to get a hold of certain lego items. They rather you ship it to China so they can save on shipping, since you said no then they gave you a U.S. address and they'll eat the shipping cost but they'll still bank on profits though even though they are paying shipping two times. I've sold many items to China before over $3k. In the end they make money, you make money, everyone makes money and happy.

Edited by canonikon

Just want to say "Thank you" to everyone in this thread and those who helped me through PM. I finally opened my store last Saturday and already I have had 3 orders and $180 sales. Considering I only have 110-120 lots and 3k pieces I am super happy. Couldn't have done it without you guys though especially Chinothegeeko. Brickpicker has amazing members that are willing to help if you just ask. Thanks.

• Like 3

Shipping to China is very reliable. I would recommend adjusting your settings to allow shipping direct to China.

If you do end up opening up shipping to China, I would recommend requesting the buyer to provide a Chinese translation of their address and contact info and taping that to the box, in addition to your normal shipping label and customs forms. This helps to speed the package's arrival.

Edit: Wanted to add that the max value per shipment that one can export from USA to other countries, without an export license, is US$2500. Be aware of that if you have similar law in Canada.

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the info. I already offer free shipping in Canada for cases. Cheap Canadians don't want any. Haha. I might open up shipping to China. Just don't like shipping that big of a $$ lot.

It's safe don't worry. China is just beginning to open up and many wealthy second-generations have nothing better to do than to spend money. Don't lock yourself to U.S. and Canada only, where the economy is not as great as China. Ship to China, and you'll be opening the door to wealth.

Edited by canonikon

Edit: Wanted to add that the max value per shipment that one can export from USA to other countries, without an export license, is US$2500. Be aware of that if you have similar law in Canada.

The export reporting requirements for Canadians is a little weird (available on the CBSA website), you can export as much non-restricted goods as you want to the US, Puerto Rico or US Virgin Islands for goods to be consumed within the Us without even reporting here in Canada (the government of Canada will receive this info from the US government)  with the exception of trains, there's special conditions for other conveyances.  Export of goods to other non-US destinations the limit is $2000.oo  (I wonder how many stamps it takes to post a MLW Hudson?) 

Just want to say "Thank you" to everyone in this thread and those who helped me through PM. I finally opened my store last Saturday and already I have had 3 orders and $180 sales. Considering I only have 110-120 lots and 3k pieces I am super happy. Couldn't have done it without you guys though especially Chinothegeeko. Brickpicker has amazing members that are willing to help if you just ask. Thanks.

Congrats man. Hopefully you can keep churning it out. Next up is brickowl via bricksync. haha

It's safe don't worry. China is just beginning to open up and many wealthy second-generations have nothing better to do than to spend money. Don't lock yourself to U.S. and Canada only, where the economy is not as great as China. Ship to China, and you'll be opening the door to wealth.

I've been shipping to China for a year and I'm still broke. What's the catch?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

Congrats man. Hopefully you can keep churning it out. Next up is brickowl via bricksync. haha

Thanks, BrickOwl is whole different ball game in my eyes. It doesn't even make sense and I know my way around Bricklink. I must be going crazy or something.