Bricklink/BrickOwl - Discussion, questions, & answers

How do you determine exactly what color a part is when buying from pick a brick wall in store then selling online. There are so many slight differences and yes I have some color blindness, especially with the greens and browns

There are various color charts (keep in mind viewing on computers can cause some color alterations, too) but if you do have any hint of color blindness I'd get someone else to verify your findings.

If it's on a pick a brick wall, it's going to be a current, not retired, color. That'll narrow the choices right there.

If you can post good clear photos, folks here can likely tell you what you have. :)

• Like 1

There are various color charts (keep in mind viewing on computers can cause some color alterations, too) but if you do have any hint of color blindness I'd get someone else to verify your findings.

If it's on a pick a brick wall, it's going to be a current, not retired, color. That'll narrow the choices right there.

If you can post good clear photos, folks here can likely tell you what you have. :)

Ok sounds great. Thanks frog. Some items in question are orange tile 2 x 2

And light blue 1 x 2 plate. I'll se if I can get pics in store

Hi everyone,

I've been getting some international shipment requests and slowly easing into it. However when I use paypal for the transaction, the first class package option doesn't appear. Only envelopes and other sizes, but not package. Should I just accept that I have to use the usps website?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I've been getting some international shipment requests and slowly easing into it. However when I use paypal for the transaction, the first class package option doesn't appear. Only envelopes and other sizes, but not package. Should I just accept that I have to use the usps website?

Thanks.

Yes. I think the only other options are subscription services like endicia, stamps.com, etc.

Guest betsy805

Has anyone else experienced that Brick Owl users don't tend to leave feedback?!  I've got 75% of users giving feedback on bricklink, and only 3 of the 28 orders I've done so far on brickowl have left feedback.  Is there a button I'm missing that says something along the lines of 'your order is on it's way, I'd love feedback after you've inspected'?

Has anyone else experienced that Brick Owl users don't tend to leave feedback?!  I've got 75% of users giving feedback on bricklink, and only 3 of the 28 orders I've done so far on brickowl have left feedback.

After almost 500 orders on BrickOwl, it seems about 25%-30% of customers leave feedback.

There's no reminder, I believe it's a percentage similar to what one may find on eBay or Amazon.

Has anyone else experienced that Brick Owl users don't tend to leave feedback?!  I've got 75% of users giving feedback on bricklink, and only 3 of the 28 orders I've done so far on brickowl have left feedback.  Is there a button I'm missing that says something along the lines of 'your order is on it's way, I'd love feedback after you've inspected'?

That's a pretty low margin! ;) Hope it improves for you.

I'm at 1/2 at BO so far...2 more ship out today, so we'll see how that goes. But maybe some of your buyers are like some I have at BL: they leave feedback but literally wait months to do it (obviously forgot, then left feedback along with other transactions at the same time).

How do I add the shipping cost to my listings? been playing around with the site for an hour...still can't find where I can add shipping cost.

But when I add items from other sellers I can select shipping methods, when I add my items to cart, there is no shipping cost. I don't want to ship it for free...

How do I add the shipping cost to my listings? been playing around with the site for an hour...still can't find where I can add shipping cost.

But when I add items from other sellers I can select shipping methods, when I add my items to cart, there is no shipping cost. I don't want to ship it for free...

Nobody on Bricklink that I've ever ordered from ships for free. Once I place an order, I get an invoice with the associated shipping cost.

As Vodium said, most good stores state the shipping costs on the splash page/store terms page. Some stores break down the shipping costs to the last cent, others are a little more vague with ranges, and some just state "true shipping cost charged plus 0.50 handling fee."

Take a look at some shops, especially those with high # of ratings and see their splash pages for how shipping is described. Bricklink recently added a nice feature to their invoicing system that will auto-generate a message with the invoice and include a shipping charge you choose before creating the invoice.