Brick Classifieds Feedback and Questions

Jeff Mack

Jeff/Ed.

I may not have dug deep enough, but I was wondering how to create a promotional order bogo.

For instance I'd like to offer a free polybag if someone who orders (5). Buy 5 Polybags get (1) one Free!

Is there an option to do this?

You can do this in your product details area.  I have a bunch of documentation/blog articles I have been working on to post to teach people how to do things.  Now that some of these updates are done, I will continue with that to help show more about discounts, etc.

bp_1422195408__2015-01-25_09-16-16.png

Ok, so an answer on the currency setup.  This marketplace is in USD.  Later, when the site is out of beta, all fees, etc will be taken from the USD amount.  Currency is updated 4x a day.  When you add an item in your local currency it gets converted to USD.  Then on the main part of the site, it will get converted again back to whatever the local currency is.  Sometimes, depending on how the currency is setup, the math will not match 100%.

This example below is not current, but I used it as an example to show someone.

bp_1422141902__2015-01-24_18-24-15.png

I'm not sure I agree with this. For example, if I list an item at a $X in my local currency, then I would want to sell it at $X a week, or a month, or a year down the track, regardless of peaks and troughs in the exchange rate of my local currency to the USD. Conversely, if I'm a buyer from the US, then I should expect to see the price of a foreign currency item increase/decrease with the market value of the USD.

Case in point is the R2-D2 which I have listed, where the value has actually gone up in my local currency about $6, or about 2%, in the last week, due to the declining value of the Australia Dollar. If there was to be a sudden increase in the value of the Australian Dollar, then there's every chance I could sell the item for less than my original asking amount. International sellers should be able to just "set and forget" in their local currency without always having to check the value of their local currency against the USD to see if the value of their listings are increasing / decreasing.

Guest JazzyJeffie

Dear Jeff and/or Ed -

I posted my 1st two (2) listings, Brick Classifieds is looking good so far.

Here are some comments, hoping I can contribute ideas to your awesome enhancements in the future:

1. The 'Back' button, when pressed accidentally while the cursor is not selected, goes to the previous page and loses my progress (I had to redo my listing 3 times).  Can that potential problem be solved, by possibly saving an unfinished listing, and making it available in a sort of DRAFT stage?
  2. The Badges would also be helpful, if Facebook Group links (to trade references) and Feedback threads from other forums can also be added.  I keep all my forum trade references links, and would love to show that off - as it will add to my potential buyer's peace of mind.  Being able to display eBay profile alone kind of does not tell the entire story

Thanks in advance for your time in reading through this, and I hope someone buys my stuff soon! :)

Is there a packing slip option in the works?

It would be nice to print a shop order with packing slip and listed sets sold to include in packaging.

thanks.

There are lots of things in the works on both sites.  i am still waiting on paypal to help me understand why shipping labels are working from these transactions.

There are lots of things in the works on both sites.  i am still waiting on paypal to help me understand why shipping labels are working from these transactions.

Jeff,

At this point BC is awesome and I even hate to ask b/c I know your plate is beyond full. Yes printing the shipping label through paypal was a little cumbersome, but I figured it was being worked on to be on BC.

btw. the visual improvements to BP look really nice!

thanks again!

I'm trying to leave a positive review for a purchase, but the review page is not loading properly. Other pages are not working as well, so either the site is having issues or I am having issues. I will try again later.

Great job Bricks To Go. I would buy from you anytime! And I will write up a positive review when I can.

I'm trying to leave a positive review for a purchase, but the review page is not loading properly. Other pages are not working as well, so either the site is having issues or I am having issues. I will try again later.

Great job Bricks To Go. I would buy from you anytime! And I will write up a positive review when I can.

Yeah, it's all fuddled up for me too. Jeff ... don't you know the cardinal rule of pushing out software updates? Never on a Friday afternoon when the developers are in a hurry to go home for the weekend? :taunt:

Yeah, it's all fuddled up for me too. Jeff ... don't you know the cardinal rule of pushing out software updates? Never on a Friday afternoon when the developers are in a hurry to go home for the weekend? :taunt:

It's back up, but some of the small images are still missing.

post-8090-0-11400600-1422655938_thumb.pn

Guest JazzyJeffie

My Brick Classifieds account says I have 2 messages but I can't view them (see screenshot).85a22edb79c1f9cbb9e2dff2d0e2af96.jpg

I already tried the following:

- Sign out and back in

- Restart my iPad via Home+Power way

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Hi,

I'm not sure whether this has been addressed or not.  

I just completed my first sale at BC.  The buyer immediately paid via paypal.  However, the payment is in the form of an echeck.  I'm guessing he had paypal deduct the money from his bank account.  There is nothing wrong with that except for the fact that an echeck takes 3-5 business days to clear.  I had to wait until the payment cleared to send out the Legos.  Mean while the buyer also has to wait, thus potentially affecting his satisfaction.

I know the aforementioned is a Paypal thing, but is there a way to build into the BC process (either as part of the email communication to the buyer or on the website) a recommendation to pay via credit card within Paypal?  I'm assuming (someone correct me if I'm wrong) that using a credit card within paypal constitutes an instant payment and avoids the echeck clearance delay.  Anyways, I thought I'd throw it out there.  Anything that affects buyer satisfaction is worth looking into.  Thanks.

Edited by Dkc

Another PayPal suggestion - the transaction has no memo.  No order number, no source, etc.  I got my first order (yay!) and took me a few minutes to trace the payment.  I receive PayPal payments from multiple platforms into the same account, so something to mark it as BC would be really helpful.  Thanks!

So last night, I decided to try out BC.  It took me a few minutes last night and again tonight, to get my feet wet and understand everything.  It was pretty intuitive though, so no complaints about the set up.

For my first set of items, I opted to try the eBay import.  It grabbed everything just fine, however, it showed "No Image Available" for my pictures.  When I went into each individual listing, though, the picture was listed, but listed in "Position 2".  I found if I grabbed the picture, and then just moved it slightly, it would snap back into place in position 1, and my photo(s) would show up for my listing.

Hope that makes sense.

One other (very minor) thing I noticed.  The tool tip for "Price" when you are working on a new listing, says "The sale price is the price you paid for the product.  Do not include sales tax."  I'm thinking this is from our Brickfolios and just needs to be updated.

Thanks for everything!

Question - How come my brickpicker badge is not displayed along with my ads? My paypal badge is visible but not the brickpicker one. I copy pasted my bricklink profile link into the badges tab and Applied the change. The button shows Applied but no brickpicker badge appears...

• 2 weeks later...

Would this be the proper place to list a whole lot of sorted, organized LEGO pieces? (think former bricklink store) It seems these are more based on one item listings, but didn't see anywhere else to list.

Thanks for the great service!

Edited by Dbroncoboy

Would this be the proper place to list a whole lot of sorted, organized LEGO pieces? (think former bricklink store) It seems these are more based on one item listings, but didn't see anywhere else to list.

Thanks for the great service!

Sure why not, you can list anything(LEGO related).  Post it in the parts section

• 1 month later...

my 0.02 based on the transaction:

since you have the payment option tied to paypal can you not change the currency to default US$ for users in US.

this forces me to pay in US$ converted via paypal not giving me choice to pay in the recipient currency directly. 

for example: i want to complete the transaction listed in CAN $ and complete it via paypal in CAN $. issue is its being sent in US $. and i have to pay via paypal using the US$ which basically tacks on the coversion amount. { its about 3% more }

• 1 month later...