Brick Classifieds Feedback and Questions

Jeff Mack

Anyone else having an issue with getting "double payment" on your BrickClassifieds sales?  This has happened to me more than once: I sell an item on BC, and I receive two equal payments from the buyer via paypal.  I think in both cases, they were non-US buyers (with non-US paypal accounts) but US shipping address.  It makes me nervous when this happens because, I'm afraid I'll refund one payment, at the same time the buyer might cancel the other one, or pull some other shenanigans.  So now, I usually wait 'til tracking says the item arrived, maybe a few days more, then refund the redundant payment.

You will need to send me a PM with the BC order numbers so I can see which orders this happened on. Also send me your paypal transaction ID numbers so that I can open a ticket with Paypal.  Brick Classifieds just sends paypal the total amount to be charged, once you leave Brick Classifieds, you are just on Paypal where the transaction takes place. After the transaction, you click the button to come back to Brick Classifieds and that is it. It is not like someone is on Brick Classifieds hitting the submit button several times creating new submissions. We need to see if there is something going on while on Paypal.  If you are getting two completely different transaction IDs from paypal, then we need to see why they are doing that and I can only do that by opening a ticket with them..  You know I have bought several things from you and there has been no issue, but I will be interested to find out.

So I opened up my PayPal and noticed a payment. I contacted the email associated and they had bought my Emporium on Brick Classifieds. They said they chose buy and "the site linked me to your account in the checkout" but it didn't take the listing down, have a note in the transaction, notify me, or anything. We exchanged some more emails to document the transaction and I'm manually deleting the listing but I take it that the site is supposed to do something on the seller's side, right?

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MarleyMoose said:

Why do we have a vendor (CloudCityToys) selling non LEGO fake minifigures? 

Are you talking about this listing?

https://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/darth-revan-minifigure

The seller does have it marked as a New (CUSTOM) item and the description does say

For Sale is a Cusom Star Wars Minifigure. Comes with hood cape and Lightsaber.

The listing does not say it is a Mint Packaged Sealed item? 

People are allowed to sell custom items as long as it says it is not original.  

7 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Are you talking about this listing?

https://www.brickclassifieds.com/products/darth-revan-minifigure

The seller does have it marked as a New (CUSTOM) item and the description does say

For Sale is a Cusom Star Wars Minifigure. Comes with hood cape and Lightsaber.

The listing does not say it is a Mint Packaged Sealed item? 

People are allowed to sell custom items as long as it says it is not original.  

Looks like he already got a negative review for selling fakes. 

• 2 weeks later...

i sold my first set on brickclassifieds, and im having trouble printing a shipping label. i assumed that i could print a label through paypal, just like when i sell outside of ebay.

Instead i do not have the option to print a label on paypal.com (all my items sold through ebay also dont have this option). does this have something to do with the fact that checkout went through brickclassifieds?

13 hours ago, metsrock507 said:

i sold my first set on brickclassifieds, and im having trouble printing a shipping label. i assumed that i could print a label through paypal, just like when i sell outside of ebay.

Instead i do not have the option to print a label on paypal.com (all my items sold through ebay also dont have this option). does this have something to do with the fact that checkout went through brickclassifieds?

Sorry this may have been my fault.  I made a quick change and on your next sale you should see the label links in Paypal.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The good news - I made my first Brick Classifieds sale today.

The bad news - I was out of stock of my "sale" supply.  Had to decide between cancelling the sale or sending out the one I wanted to keep.  (Decided to make the sale).

My question - I thought I had eBay sync turned on. The token is still valid.  But, did I misinterpret that?  Is it really just a one-way import?  I just want to make sure I understand for the future.  I thought it was a sync, so if I sold out or ended auctions on eBay, it would carry over to BC.

Can you set me straight please?