10249 - Winter Toy Shop

TheDarkness

I agree that LEGO is devaluing its brand if they begin to remake many of their larger or flagship sets. As a parent I don't mind spending $$$ on LEGO because I know that even a used set in nice shape with instructions and box can usually get retail back if sold after the set retires. And many of them get 2-3 times retail depending on time and the set. I myself would not spend the amount of money I do as often for bricks if when my child tires of them I couldn't get a good portion of that back on the secondary market. If the avg family only buys one less set once they start to think this way LEGO will lose FAR FAR more then they will ever gain in releasing older sets.

As a reseller.....I was sad to see my last 10199 go last year, but now I'm pretty happy that in retrospect, I maximized my profits off of that one. There is no way that this new version will ever match the returns of the original.

As a collector.....I am incredibly disappointed! My family takes great pride in our Christmas Village set up, and we very much look forward to the new Winter Village sets each year. Now this year, we really can't expand besides the freebies. 

I have to agree that this is a huge red flag for resellers. But it also may help thin the herd a little. Time will tell.....

Has lego ever released a church? Now that would be a nice addition to a WV setup. I'm not very religious but an old Gothic style or Romanesque church facade would look fan-friggin-tastic in the WV diorama.

They would have to ban it, since it would cause controversy like Jabba's Palace.

• Like 1

Has lego ever released a church? Now that would be a nice addition to a WV setup. I'm not very religious but an old Gothic style or Romanesque church facade would look fan-friggin-tastic in the WV diorama.

lego will not do another church. The last one they did was 40+ years ago. 

They had enough issues with Jabba´s Palace for that not to happen!

Why not? Im not saying a preachy type of bible thumping church but the style of a medieval cathedral.

Short answer: religion is a sore subject for some people, it is best to avoid any controversy that could come from it.

As for having medieval structure (church or otherwise) in a WV line.  It would look jarring unless you are from Europe ;)

I think the "damage" TLG redone the seasonal item is much less than redone a normal set like HH/GC/CC which they will be in the store 365 days a year. If people get  really upset about the redone, it only happen during the holiday season instead of 2+ years. i think TLG is testing the water with as least damage as possible. 

Well Grogall seemed convinced we would get a "sweet" themed winter holiday set so hopefully he was not thrown off by the smaller gingerbread house set and we will still be seeing a second surprise winter set. If not I understand the Toy Shop rehash is going to make recent fans happy but what about the existing fans expecting a new model to build this xmas season with the family? Just an awful decision by TLG if 10249 is it for this year IMO.

• Like 1

Well Grogall seemed convinced we would get a "sweet" themed winter holiday set so hopefully he was not thrown off by the smaller gingerbread house set and we will still be seeing a second surprise winter set. If not I understand the Toy Shop rehash is going to make recent fans happy but what about the existing fans expecting a new model to build this xmas season with the family? Just an awful decision by TLG if 10249 is it for this year IMO.

guessing I should dump my 40105's with an imminent rehash.  I even stocked up on them earlier this year.

40105.jpg

• Like 3

They aw getting beat up on their Facebook page. They are at least leaving the comments up and answering them occasionally.

The bottom line on Facebook seems to be - "now I can get it/couldn't afford it before", "screw scalpers", and "I'm not spending money on something I already have, I'm very disappointed."

Wow apparently something i said was considered offensive? Lol for god sake. Ridiculous. I didn't swear or use offensive language at all. This is what I'm talking about. Cry babies removing my post for no reason at all. Mods on here are hypocrites. You remove my post that had nothing offensive in it. Might as well remove all the posts from everyone! Goddamn cry babies!

Keep calm and build lego.