75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

3 hours ago, Starkthunder said:

LOL. This set already has a write up in the USA Today so you know the lemmings are going to buy it.

Anyone else looking at the photos in this article and trying to calclulate the value if you split this set up? I haven't put a lot of thought into it, but my impression is this set is not worth the work to split it up at RRP. I'm going to be glued to EBay the week of release, to see how the hardcore set splitters do. I'm looking at you Applemechanix! Is that guy a member here, by the by?

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Crustybeaver said:

Due for release on April 30th

75098 Assault on Hoth

Ages 12+. 2,144 pieces.

US $249.99 - CA $299.99 - DE 249.99€ - UK £219.99 - DK 2199.00 DKK

Play out action-packed Hoth battles like never before!

This fantastic LEGO recreation of the Rebel force's Echo Base from Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back has all the details you need to create your own epic ice-planet battles. Set out on scouting missions with the Snowspeeder armed with twin spring-loaded shooters, and when you spot the enemy speeder bike, get back to base and help Luke, Han and the other Rebel heroes lock down the blast doors, ready the laser cannons, man the gun turrets with dual spring-loaded shooters and power up the devastating ion cannon, also with 2 spring-loaded shooters! This amazing model has so many more features, including a service area with crane, control room area, power generator with explode function, rotating communication dish, scout post with dual stud shooters and a Tauntaun with its own stable. There's even a Wampa cave (with Wampa) for Luke to escape from! This amazingly detailed set's modular design also means that you can create your very own Rebel base configuration. Prepare for ultimate LEGO Star Wars action!

• Includes 14 minifigures with assorted weapons: Luke Skywalker, Han Solo, Toryn Farr, Rebel Officer, Wes Janson, Wedge Antilles, K-3PO, 5 Rebel troopers and 2 Snowtroopers, plus an R3-A2, Tauntaun and a Wampa.
  • Features Rebel base with modular wall and trench sections, a Snowspeeder and a speeder bike.
  • Wall section features slidable blast doors, service area with crane, control room area, power generator with explode function, ion cannon with dual spring-loaded shooters, laser turret with spring-loaded shooters and space for a minifigure, scout post with dual stud shooters and space for a minifigure, Tauntaun stable and a Wampa cave.
  • Trench section features heavy blasters, laser turret with double spring-loaded shooters and space for a minifigure, and a laser cannon with rapid stud shooter.
  • Snowspeeder features an opening cockpit, extending speed flaps and 2 spring-loaded shooters.
  • Weapons include Luke's Lightsaber, 7 blaster pistols, 2 blaster rifles and 2 blasters.
  • Accessories include 7 Hoth Rebel helmets, 2 Snowtrooper helmets, and Wes and Wedge's flight helmets.
  • Man the weapons and prepare to fire!
  • Jump in the Snowspeeder and track the enemy.
  • Keep a lookout for Imperial forces from the scout post.
  • Close the blast doors and prepare for battle!
  • Tend to the Tauntaun.
  • Hoist up the Snowspeeder ready for servicing.
  • Bring down orbiting starships with the devastating ion cannon!
  • Can Luke escape the ferocious Wampa?
  • Snowspeeder measures over 1" (5cm) high, 7" (18cm) long and 6" (17cm) wide.
  • Speeder bike measures over 1" (3cm) high, 5" (13cm) long and 1" (4cm) wide.
  • Power generator measures over 3" (8cm) high, 6" (16cm) wide and 5" (13cm) deep.
  • Wall section including ion cannon measures over 5" (15cm) high, 20" (51cm) wide and 11" (30cm) deep.
  • Trench section measures over 3" (10cm) high, 13" (35cm) wide and 4" (11cm) deep.

I'm not seeing a cat anywhere. 

Where's that thread for the other crappy $250 exclusive play set Lego just announced? At least it "also includes a cat."

image.thumb.jpeg.bbe6317b6299259482308e7

• Like 2

Don't know if this is doable, but I find the idea very interesting: What if the members of this forum took the UCS Assault on Hoth as a worthy candidate for enforcing a complete boycott on a set (which would mean to honestly not buy any of this set ever - be it collector or investor)? Even if we cannot know the exact effects on sales / lifetime / whatever of this set, it should send TLG a message. Of course no one could "control" the members who "sign" to support the boycott, still I find the idea interesting, since in this case it would be very appropriate even more after the remake of the Toy Workshop.

For my part "I support the 75098 boycott!" (and will not touch this even at 50 % off or lower - as a matter of principle)

• Like 2

Don't know if this is doable, but I find the idea very interesting: What if the members of this forum took the UCS Assault on Hoth as a worthy candidate for enforcing a complete boycott on a set (which would mean to honestly not buy any of this set ever - be it collector or investor)? Even if we cannot know the exact effects on sales / lifetime / whatever of this set, it should send TLG a message. Of course no one could "control" the members who "sign" to support the boycott, still I find the idea interesting, since in this case it would be very appropriate even more after the remake of the Toy Workshop.

For my part "I support the 75098 boycott!" (and will not touch this even at 50 % off or lower - as a matter of principle)

Hardly doable + pointless since TLG does not care if in this forum no one will buy the set, kids will do...so who cares

• Like 1

2 hours ago, inversion said:

After reading the Brickset preview I began to genuinely hate this set. So many frustrating details, it should not fit LEGO standards. What's with the shield generator only having 3 discs? Disgrace on the UCS.

Absolutely.  The designers blew it.  They could have added a helicopter just to finally add 1 to the SW lineup.  Even the designer of Winter Toy Shop managed to add a helicopter to the WV line.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Man.......Y'all are some ungrateful emmer effers. SMDH. Don't buy it and move on with your life. Someone said it perfect earlier among this sea of hate.......they can't all be winners. Get over it.

EDIT: Happy Valentine's Day everyone :)

We have to hold lego to a high standard when it comes to UCS. The complaints are deserved and lego needs to hear about it. If they don't hear about it we could be looking at Palpatine's Arrest UCS in a few years. 

If this set did not have the UCS tag I would have zero issues with it. As it stands it really waters down the series. 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, marcandre said:

We have to hold lego to a high standard when it comes to UCS. The complaints are deserved and lego needs to hear about it. If they don't hear about it we could be looking at Palpatine's Arrest UCS in a few years. 

If this set did not have the UCS tag I would have zero issues with it. As it stands it really waters down the series. 

IMO one crappy UCS doesn't REALLY water down the entire series. Also not meeting expectations and being a crappy set are two completely different things.

4 minutes ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

IMO one crappy UCS doesn't REALLY water down the entire series. Also not meeting expectations and being a crappy set are two completely different things.

I don't think it's 'crappy' just not deserving of UCS. It a pretty good playset imho. Combine with an at-at and it's pretty cool. 

Yea one set probably does not hurt the line but if it's a hit we could see more like it. I want huge UCS models not playsets.