Thank You

schmidtywerben

• 2 weeks later...

Here here.  Thank you Ed and Jeff for starting this great site.  My instincts have been good on what to buy, this site helps focus them a bit more.

My missed chances column might have been shorter had I become a member sooner.

Thanks to all who contribute.  My game has been raised because of all the great information available.

BTW, my new son 9 weeks old yesterday has certainly changed my equation.  New variables, new responsibilities, but I wouldn't change a thing.

My heart melt everytime he smiles.

After wanting a son for more than a decade, he found us in early Feb.  I am thrilled I finally get to share my passion of Lego with a boy of my own.

My 10 yr old nephew may not be as happy since my focus will shift a bit.  BTW my nephew (patting myself on the back) now wants to be an engineer after receiving a 8043 Excavator at the age of 9.  He never completed the build, but it sparked some magical creativity.  This past holiday season he asked his parents what and where the best engineering school was.  His Dad in turn bought him an EV3 on serious discount at B&******.  Discount also courtesy of me.

Smart little boy.

Scott - Brickelements

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
I have much to be thankful for.  I'm starting this thread to give public acknowledgements to a few members who have helped me become a better investor by sharing their insights and wisdom, helped me find exclusive deals, shared breaking news on anything LEGO, or supported a good cause.  Feel free to acknowledge someone here that has gone out of there way to help you or someone else in the Brickpicker community.  I don't say thank you enough so this is a chance for me to show my appreciation.

So to kick things off, here are just a few members I'd like to thank.

@Ed and @Jeff - what can I say?  This site is amazing.  You guys do a phenomenal job moderating the forums.  The information is invaluable to anyone who is obsessed with the LEGO investing hobby, myself included.

@No More Monkeys - for keeping us informed of what's in stock any time of day or night.

@33Lego - like NMM, thank you for posting what's available in basically real time.

@emazers - for sharing your wisdom and investing philosophy.

@exciter1 - for welcoming me to the site and encouraging me by answering some of my earlier posts

@Bold Arrow - for letting me sit at the bar that one night...and thank you for posting so many great deals, AWD included

@xeeej - for hooking us up with some amazing gift card deals this year.

And finally, a special thanks to everyone who helped Gavin celebrate his birthday earlier this year.  The Brickpicker community is one of a kind, and I'm proud to be a part of it.
  • Like 7

• 2 months later...

I cannot count how many ways I have personally benefited form Brickpicker.

Some top ones that come to mind:

- Friends (and I do not just mean tagging someone with a friend icon but actually developing multiple really good friendships)
- A great online community to go to every day to converse and get feedback and feel a part of (great, good, bad and indifferent) it is all of value
- Learning the best approach for finding deals and making the best of deals
- Actual Deals.  Should I say Rovers, Research Institutes, MKII Cranes, the list goes on and on
- Investing Guidance.  Learning to focus on Exclusives (as my choice of how to invest)
- Getting into Doll Investing.  Never thought I would say that one. :)
- Learning about scripting

I am sure there are may other things that I could list that do not come to mind at the moment.

Brickpicker is a great place to be a member of. 

I am glad for the friendships & knowledge that I have developed from being a part.

• Like 1

Finding like-minded folks. It helps reinforce the idea that this venture is a worthwhile one. Profits help too. If we had a mascot, he would be named MAX PROFIT.

What surprised me about this place is that ppl are generally very friendly. This is in comparison to other forum-type websites, but also surprising bc a lot of us are competitors for customers $$ in the same market.

Fortunately for those of us in the U.S., total retail e-commerce sales consistently have grown about 15% every year since 2009 (and ~20% per year prior to that), which is incredible growth compared to most markets.

Edited by imirish11
  • Like 2

Brickpicker has been the source of everything I know regarding LEGO basically. I would have missed out on basically every deal I have got since I started without BP.

True dat!

I'm not nearly as active as some on here (mainly because of my lack of experience in this whole world of reselling) but I've never been so active on a forum before. All deals I've come across have been because of BPers. The majority of my knowledge about ebay has been from here (ravenb99 and others). (Cladner) gave me the bump I needed to start selling on Amazon which I have had most of my success with thus far! Living by the the Can/US border (redghostx) was very informative with cross border fees, shipping within the states, bogus US Craigslist adds and local deals. (Justafrog) prompted me to get in touch with my accountant and set up a proper business plan. Props to all those who unselfishly share info with others to succeed directly or indirectly (Ed M.). Thanks!!!

Now if you have any questions about machining, I'm your guy!

Edit: And to TheOrcKing who just gave me my first badge :D

Edited by speedsausage
  • Like 1

Brick picker has taught me fairly quickly that I don't have the time or resources to seriously get involved with reselling Lego sets - and that's okay. It's pretty obvious that there are a lot of big players in the reselling game who are doing quite well at this as a major source of income. At the same time though, I gained valuable insight as to which sets might be winners to add to my personal collection and more importantly what priority to purchase them in. 

This place has given me a positive sense of community regarding all things Lego. I confess, I really didn`t know very much about how to go about investing in anything plastic, other than just to spend money on things I liked (I`d been a collector/builder for many years prior to joining here). I read a news article on the site, it peaked my curiosity, and instantly I was hooked. Have been ever since. Such a fantastic place, thanks to Jeff, Ed, and every member here for continuing to grow and expand this awesome site! 

• Like 2

Filled my closet and emptied my wallet ;)

In all seriousness I've learned more about selling on eBay in the year or so I've been on this site than I did in my previous 12 years on eBay combined. Not that I wasn't a competent seller, but that this site forced me to pay closer attention to what and how I was selling and why. I can't thank the Macks for putting this whole thing together and the other members I've learned from (I'm looking at you Frog) enough. So ya, um. Thanks y'all.