Thank You

schmidtywerben

Guest eightbrick

3,000th post. Here's to another thousand!  :drinks: Ok...I admit, I'm in for the cool avatar that should be

<-right over there. Kind of matches my BrickPoints total too. Too bad it's not an even 21,000. Go figure. It has a beard before I have one. LOL.

Congrats! For that, you get 3 Wizards (or birthday dudes, or whatever these guys are supposed to be).  :sorcerer:  :sorcerer:  :sorcerer:

3,000th post. Here's to another thousand!  :drinks: Ok...I admit, I'm in for the cool avatar that should be

<-right over there. Kind of matches my BrickPoints total too. Too bad it's not an even 21,000. Go figure. It has a beard before I have one. LOL.

Be glad you don't have a beard yet; they're itchy as heck. :hairy: Congrats by the way. You are half away in posts from me!

Congrats! For that, you get 3 Wizards (or birthday dudes, or whatever these guys are supposed to be).  :sorcerer:  :sorcerer:  :sorcerer:

That emoticon is a sorcerer. Now this is a wizard. :wizard:

• 2 weeks later...

This year Thanksgiving is a first day of Hanukkah...Last time they shared same date during late 1800s but there wasnt a national Tgiving Day back then...Correct?

And it wont come againfor another 77000 years or so....some estmates.

So, Commemorative T-shirts?

Pretty remarkable year, dont even mention LEGO sales....

• Like 1

This year Thanksgiving is a first day of Hanukkah...Last time they shared same date during late 1800s but there wasnt a national Tgiving Day back then...Correct?

And it wont come againfor another 77000 years or so....some estmates.

So, Commemorative T-shirts?

Pretty remarkable year, dont even mention LEGO sales....

Never knew that. Very interesting.

That`s really neat! Didn`t realize it either. Now, if the world had ended last December, it would have been sad, because we would not be here today to celebrate this  :D

Maybe the world did end last year. The Lego investing world has become harder and harder as time goes one with all these bans, limits on LEGO Shop at Home, and no discounts on larger Lego sets. That seems like the end of the world to a Lego investor.

Maybe the world did end last year. The Lego investing world has become harder and harder as time goes one with all these bans, limits on LEGO Shop at Home, and no discounts on larger Lego sets. That seems like the end of the world to a Lego investor.

Touche. But it also means that those who still want to succeed have to work harder. That`s the difference between the casual investor and serious one. I hear ya though about the deals. x3 points was the best opportunity yesterday for the large stuff by far, for those who wanted anything. My take on it is that this should be a fun hobby that offers fulfilment for time/money well spent.  Doesn`t have to be a business, but certainly to anyone who has made a business/side business out of it, my hat is off. All this to say that while the current state of the market/bans/deals/etc may be the end of the world for some, it`s only a set back for others.

Touche. But it also means that those who still want to succeed have to work harder. That`s the difference between the casual investor and serious one. I hear ya though about the deals. x3 points was the best opportunity yesterday for the large stuff by far, for those who wanted anything. My take on it is that this should be a fun hobby that offers fulfilment for time/money well spent.  Doesn`t have to be a business, but certainly to anyone who has made a business/side business out of it, my hat is off. All this to say that while the current state of the market/bans/deals/etc may be the end of the world for some, it`s only a set back for others.

Agreed. For me Lego is a hobby that can pay for itself. That is why I like it. I spend some money, and eventually I get it back with a little profit. It was the end of the world for some of the small time investors who did not spend a lot of time doing this. For big time investors, it is a minor/major setback for them. They make a living off this so they have to adapt to the situation.

That`s really neat! Didn`t realize it either. Now, if the world had ended last December, it would have been sad, because we would not be here today to celebrate this  :D

Ever since day 1, there has always been some guy walking around with a "THE END IS NIGH!!" sign. One of these days that guy will finally be correct but it won't be for a very long time like say, oh, five billion years.

so drink your ginatonica

It's time for Hanukkah!

Ever since day 1, there has always been some guy walking around with a "THE END IS NIGH!!" sign. One of these days that guy will finally be correct but it won't be for a very long time like say, oh, five billion years.

Ya no kidding! Must be very stressful for those 'philosophical' types, constantly walking on eggshells under the pretense that they know when they, and all of us for that matter, will die. That`s nice and all, but I prefer to continue spending/investing my time like a normal human being (albeit a few obsessions). Friends. Family. Job. Lego. Brickpicker. More Lego. More Brickpick-did I mention obsession?  :ahappy:

Well, here`s to the paranoid  :angel: :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, I would like to thank everyone on here, that has been nice, helpful, informative. My house has been broken into. they have smashed everything up. They took my Xbox One, smashed all my Lego stock, Killed one of my cats(Ren), my other cat (Tanis) was kicked, big vet bill. The only picture of my dad, burned. I have nothing left. I cant, buy or replace my Lego, or the damage done to my home. I won't be using the forums much anymore. Thanks to the bosses, admins, users. Its been fun.

Stomping

post-27149-0-22029000-1387656767_thumb.j

• Like 2

That is F'****** awful.  I want to point out the irony in what happened at your house and your 'Stomping' signature.  Though one would never expect the events that you have experienced.  Don't give up with the Lego though.  You can still sell the sets as 'built' and pieces by parting them out.  You might not make a profit, but I doubt you lose money invested in the Lego sets.