71009 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 2

TheOrcKing

the hardest one to discern for me are homer and hibbard.  have to feel the ridge of hibbard's fro.

the rest are super easy.

i am not able to get martin prince to hold the book - i'm not sure what is wrong with me.

I have the same problem with Martin.  Eventually figured out he can only grip one side of it when the book is partially open.  still not easily though.​

I haven't smooshed them myself yet, but I'd say Homer's bug eyes would help identifying him over Hibbert

Yeah definitely the hardest 2 to distinguish.  I'd go with cladners and try and feel for Hiberts hair.​

What do you guys think about the fabric skirts on the female characters? I personally am not a fan of it, I rather Lego just print it on the legs. The capes are fine, just not the skirts.

Those damn skirts are such a pain!  I can never seem to put them on right, my fat fingers just can't shape them around properly.  I never know which hole and position to start on.  And does the split go on the side or the back?!

Love the Simpsons minifigures. Had a hard time coming across Professor Frink but when I smooshed one I smooshed two more right in a row. Just random I guess. Never found a Krabapple though so I had to eBay to get one. She's easy because of the mug but I just never came across one. 

In series 3 I hope to see Moe, Barney, Sideshow Bob, & Duffman. Lenny and Carl would be great as well as Rod and Todd. 

• Like 1

Not really a fan but I obtained the bump code guide on Toutube and went to the store to check if it was accurate.  I got 18 pouches all with different bump codes and got four of the Bouvier sisters, three of the doctor and two Martins, the kid wtih the book and I can't get him to hold the book either;  There were more than plenty unsold pouches and I get the feeling that Maggie, Lisa, Bart are the hardest to get.  Conclusion: bump codes lie.  

Not really a fan but I obtained the bump code guide on Toutube and went to the store to check if it was accurate.  I got 18 pouches all with different bump codes and got four of the Bouvier sisters, three of the doctor and two Martins, the kid wtih the book and I can't get him to hold the book either;  There were more than plenty unsold pouches and I get the feeling that Maggie, Lisa, Bart are the hardest to get.  Conclusion: bump codes lie.  

My approach was to get the different bump codes and then smoosh from the comfort of my own home.   Then I went back and searched for the 4-5 I was still missing.  I hope you did not open all of those because that is a bad haul.  

• Like 1

Conclusion: bump codes lie.

​At one time they were relatively reliable but now unless you actually work for LEGO, there really isn't any way to fully understand the 'bump code' system anymore. I imagine much like how Series 1 & 2 had unique UPC codes but was changed afterwards over to the 'bumps' due to people figuring that info out, LEGO has probably mixed up the current codes seeing how we once more started to decrypt the system again. I figure the 'bumps' do work except how is anyone's guess. If anything the packing computer for these Minifigures may very well be the only thing to know an answer for this riddle.

• 1 month later...

I found these stocked in Walmart at the end of the girl's toy aisle instead of the LEGO one for some reason. Ah whatever. I found myself Bartman, Milhouse as Fallout Boy, Groundskeeper Willie, Comic Book Guy, and (since it seemed wrong to have Mr. Burns from the first series without his faithful companion) Smithers as well. Those to me were personal 'must haves' especially Comic Book Guy. Anyone else I may just pick up here & there for parts but I'm not sweating it.

I must say trying to figure the "who's who" here was more challenging than any prior series even the first one for The Simpsons. The unique clues took more time with making sure I had who I thought it was such as the only defining feature with Milhouse was the soda can really. His head doesn't have much to distinguish from the others (feeling blind anyway). Homer and the doctor are too similar except I think the doctor has little 'bumps' down the back of his head.

My approach was to get the different bump codes and then smoosh from the comfort of my own home.   Then I went back and searched for the 4-5 I was still missing.  I hope you did not open all of those because that is a bad haul.  

Now that's the wise approach I will take for the next series coming out.

For the Simpsons 2, I did go back after playing hookey from work as I was suffering from mild pneumonia- the Target people must have thought I was weird- they kept checking me out for shoplifting or something.

spent about an hour trying to smoosh each and every bag there, sweat pouring from my forehead pasty faced looking like a zombie girl. Still didn't find the comic book guy and Maggie, so I just eBayed them.  

• 1 month later...

So, for you minifig guys; what would someone have to offer a sealed case of these at for you to say to yourself, "I can't pass up on a case at that price."

I'd buy a sealed case right now for about 210 to 220 if that includes relatively reasonable shipping.  2 years from now a sealed set would be worth around 180 to 200 if the market holds up at current rates.  That would leave 2 complete sets, 1 complete simpsons (5 family members plus 2 pets), plus a handful of others to sell individually.  I don't think you could lose money on it.   A complete set of simpsons series 1 is almost at 2x from original RRP from last year.  I've managed to cherry pick 2 sets of simpsons series recently, one of which we opened for our collection, and am trying to complete a third complete set, but need a few figures to finish it.  Regardless, i'm sold on the simpsons lines.  I think there will be a 3rd line sometime, but not sure it will go beyond that. 

• Like 1

$180-200

yeah I basically stocked up on these through the France Amazon website. I bought 6 cases altogether and finished the sets using the local meijers buy one get one half off. I think I completed 25 sets for under a 1200 if I remember correctly because my goal was 45 and I was disappointed with 48-50 average I ended up with. Needless to say at that price I figured there's no way to not turn a profit

• 2 months later...

Has anyone else noticed that when you add either the Kwik-E-Mart or the Simpsons House to your LEGO Shop at Home cart the system automatically adds three free packs of The Simpsons series 2 to it? It looks like LEGO is trying to reduce their stock of Simpsons CMF, since using it as an incentive to move the Simpsons sets seems unlikely. At least I haven't seen any mention of this before.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Did series 2 of the Simpsons retire already? Cannot find them anymore at SaH.

I totally forgot to buy any of these.

I just checked the LEGO Shop at Home site too. No Series 2! Wow that would be nice for me, 2 weeks ago Toys r us had the deal buy 6 for 10 Euros. I bought 2 sealed boxes, each box for 100 Euro. (retail price: 180) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Did series 2 of the Simpsons retire already? Cannot find them anymore at SaH.

I totally forgot to buy any of these.

You’re not missing much, these were massively overstocked in the UK, to the point where they were discounted to £1 - £1.50 and stayed on the shelves.  I picked up a couple hundred at an average of £1.22 each and I don’t want any more at anything above £1 each.  Can’t imagine they’ll get above retail.    

Simpson's 2 are still everywhere around here (in Canada), they've been priced down around $2.oo (cdn)  or $1.50 (us) as the best I've found, Series 14 are still very well stocked but haven't seen them drop below $3.oo (cdn)  or $2.25 (us) yet.   I don't think there's much push to pick up anymore at this stock rate they'll hang on for months yet.

On 24/1/2016 at 0:48 PM, jsgardner90 said:

I picked up 10 of the Simpsons 71009 bags.. if I list them at a later date, is the value higher as sealed bag but unknown figure or opening the bag to identify and post picture? Thanks!

No, not really. As long as it is new and unassembled the value is the same.

I always sell them unopened as I'm pretty good at identifying them. I got one message from an amazed ebay customer asking how I knew what was in it. I should've told them it was black magic lol.