71009 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 2

TheOrcKing

Series 1 was all printed tiles. I haven't built the house yet though, so I don't know if the tiles in the actual sets are printed or stickers. My guess is the CMFs will have printed tiles and the Kwik E Mart will have lots of stickers.

The house has a sticker sheet...

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?P=71006stk01

There were a few printed tiles, but more stickers than printed. You can tell from the Kwik E Mart pictures that many of them are stickers. Lego doesn't seem to like printing on pieces that aren't flat tiles.

I like the tile Dr. Hibbert is holding which is a sagittal T2 MRI image of Homer's brain.  Might just be the first LEGO MRI brain image.

I will be loading up on these to go with the 31 Complete Series 1 sets I am still holding onto.

This one looks like it will be pretty easy to smoosh  - no ralph-milhouse &  lots of unique shaped heads.

HELL YEAH, time to jack up the price of the extra series 1 figures and sets! You know the people who notice these and missed out on series 1 will pay a premium! Cha-Ching! I can hear Pink Floyd now.

Boy, I hope so!  They still have Series 1 minifigs at LL CA.  So tired of holding the sealed box and the couple of sets that I have.  I need this to appreciate!

Out of all those Maggie is the same from The Simpsons House but the rest are new and true to the character. I can see acquiring a couple for torso prints and accessories. Interesting how Groundskeeper Willie's attire could be considered a much needed update to this old green overalls person from classic Town days. Oh and just for the heck of it.... ;)

The fact that Santa's little helper comes with Maggie makes up for the fact she is the same I guess.

Regarding Patty and Selma and Mrs Krabopple, I hate them. They have the whack 'stoned' look which the Simpson's House minifigs had.

I definitely won't buy any minifigs for investment, but I will feel up some packs and get Smithers, Willie and some others, but not the ones which are repeated and reclothed.

Pretty tricky of Lego only putting Snake only in the Kwik-E-Mart. I reckon he'll be worth a bit!

BTW Mods, now that the Kwik-E-Mart is coming out, couldn't we start a bonafide Simpson's theme thread directory?

I know there are only two sets in the theme, but I was looking for a Kwik-E-Mart thread today but didn't know where to look.

Just an idea.

Mike

• Like 1

The writing is on the wall for these as an investment. Lego will release them over, and over, and over again. Most of the Simpsons family is now available in two sets and two CMF series.

You think they will release more than two series? Honestly, I would be surprised if they did, but I would be happy as it would drive the price up on sealed Series 1s.

That said, I am with you that buying Series 2 is more of an investment gamble than Series 1. If I do buy them, I will only buy them to pair with Series 1 sealed boxes.

I think there will be a series 3, unless series 2 completely bombs, which I don't expect.  My concern is that it seems clear now the family members will be in every series (and even the kwikemart? why?), and unless you can get the figures at a steep discount to MSRP, there won't be much room for appreciation.  It's also possible that others are right, and new CMF sets coming out will help the old ones by keeping Lego Simpsons products in stores and catalogs.  I would just be much more comfortable with these as an investment it they were all new (no family or Milhouse).

Far as straight up characters go, I am going to get Comic Book Guy, Groundskeeper Willie, and Bartman. The rest I will pick up only a select few for parts to be used as regular pedestrians in my cityscape. Homer's suit is nice along with Marge's dress and his Valentine's Day heart and her clutch purse have other uses. The dresses of Patty and Selma look good too. While White Fang said Martin Prince's attire is very suitable for school uniforms, I say it looks more like the outfit for an office supply store employee. (You can see I will acquire a few just for that reason. Ha.)

What caught me with Professor Frink's flask is the 'fluid' is opaque and not translucent like all the others so I may get one of him for that plus his torso reminded me of Bill Nye the science guy. Haha. Hans Moleman's shirt and tie makes me think about "Shaun of the Dead" and a bit of Dilbert so there's another. I have a few Mr. Burns from the first series because I liked his suit so maybe I will get Smithers just for the heck of it. Also his attire in LEGO form is like one of the Doctors (the time travelling kind). I think this Lisa like the former's torso can make a nice dress for a grownup character.

Last thing for some reason I want a bunch of Milhouse as Fallout Boy and don't quite know why. I feel compelled to make an army of biohazard henchmen or something. Eh, I shall collect then worry over the details later.

• Like 1