71009 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 2

TheOrcKing

Seeing all these printed tiles and pieces (BUZZ COLA CAN BRICK !!!!!) gives me hope that Kwik-E-Mart has minimal sticker action.

But how many times have minifigures come with stickers?  I hope I'm wrong, but most of the special pieces in the Kwik-E-Mart look like they are stickers, in the hi-res photos.

• 5 weeks later...

DPCI 204-00-1379

i don't think they will show in the tracker until 5/1 had to use some Dark Side force to get these. 

​Hmm, that has to be very high level dark side force (no details please) as their POS system put a hard no sale before 5/1 flag.  

Not sure which part of your body you have to sacrifice to get those :P 

• 2 weeks later...

finally a pre-order for series 2  sealed cases - 240 - msrp - but at least you know you start out with 3 complete sets and can smoosh your way to another 2.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Simpsons-Series-2-Sealed-Box-Case-of-60-Minifigures-71009-PRE-ORDER-/261871800700?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cf8c6917c

now all we need is a little ebay bucks promo for mother's day.

these look they will be a cinch to smoosh.

Edited by cladner

I managed to find these at a target.  Fresh case, and looks like we had the first pick from a few cases that were put out.  Time was short, so we smooshed through a few bags and managed to find about 6 unique ones.  Then, I grabbed 10 more random bags, knowing that I was certain to get a few doubles.  After we got home, we found we had 11 unique figures, but 3 extra Grounds Keeper Willies, and 1 extra Homer.  Amazingly, most of the ones we didn't locate in the first round are 5 to a case, including Bart, which is my least desirable of the line.  Not bad, I guess.

• Like 1

Perhaps this has been mentioned, but methinks there will definitely be a series 3.

Too many characters are notably absent, with the most obvious ones being Moe, Skinner and Barney.

Others that I'd like to see are Rainier Wolfcastle, Lenny and Carl and Lionel Hutz.

34exbhf.jpg

• Like 1

I agree there should be a series 3. I'd like to see rod and Todd Flanders, bumblebee man, Dr nick, officers Lou and Eddie, sideshow Bob, sideshow Mel, fat Tony, Mayor Quimby,  Rev lovejoy, Kent Brockman, cletus, Captain McAllister, Otto,  and the ones mentioned above.

I'm thinking that the lack of Skinner so far may mean that the next set could be Springfield elementary... With him as an exclusive.  Maybe supernintendo Chalmers as well,  lunchlady Doris,  or Mrs hoover.   Could also have the school bus, keeping the trend of a vehicle with each set,  and have Otto as well.

So much possibilities. There are also plenty of variants that they could use for the family as well. 

• Like 1

I agree there should be a series 3. I'd like to see rod and Todd Flanders, bumblebee man, Dr nick, officers Lou and Eddie, sideshow Bob, sideshow Mel, fat Tony, Mayor Quimby,  Rev lovejoy, Kent Brockman, cletus, Captain McAllister, Otto,  and the ones mentioned above.

I'm thinking that the lack of Skinner so far may mean that the next set could be Springfield elementary... With him as an exclusive.  Maybe supernintendo Chalmers as well,  lunchlady Doris,  or Mrs hoover.   Could also have the school bus, keeping the trend of a vehicle with each set,  and have Otto as well.

So much possibilities. There are also plenty of variants that they could use for the family as well. 

​Of course, Otto! Definitely Rev Lovejoy and Quimby too as they are fairly major recurring characters. I would also like to add Jimbo Jones to the list.

I thought that maybe the reason we haven't seen Moe and Barney is that Lego will bring out Moe's Tavern, but perhaps the fact it is a bar would be too un-PC for lego to seriously consider.

Edited by mike_eldorado

Glad to see the enthusiasm here for Simpsons.

After blowing 2K on the last round of minifigures I was beginning to think I was the only crazy one.

With respect to more minifigure characters, all i have to say is:

We're OVER DUE For DISCO STU.    Glavin. hahahahahamyep