71009 - Minifigures - The Simpsons: Series 2

TheOrcKing

If we assume they put a different version of the simpson family then that leaves 11 characters. I think we could do without the entire family in series 3 but I say they will put them in there. So the 11 should be Lovejoy, Skinner, Otto, Dr. Hibbert, Dr. Nick, Troy McClure, Sideshow Bob, Sideshow Mel, Lenny, Carl, Cletus.

We just got Dr. Hibbert in series 2 but Dr. Nick would be great!  I would also like it if they stuffed rod and todd flanders into one CMF packet in series 3!

I was having some trouble smooshing as the display box was not out at target.  I ended up looking at the bump codes on the back of the packets at the bottom and getting as many unique as possible.  I ended up with 11 of 15 unique that way and went back to smoosh the final 5 to complete the set today. 

​Smooshed 15 out of 16 , not too bad. Thought I had Edna's cup,  but no luck.

True 15/16 ain't bad at all. I just guessed the heads would be the biggest give-away, Homer is oval and she's got an afro.The only challenge i found in series one were some of the 2x2 tile characters,  but method of elimination. Milhouse and Ralph were similar,  but Ralph had the egg-smooth head. 

With Fallout Boy in this series, Radioactive Man needs to show up in the next one or in a nuclear power station set.

I still have to pick up the few ones I'm interested (Fallout Boy, El barto and Willie) and all 16 for a friend.

from what i gathered (personal experience) was that burns, grandpa, ralph and millhouse were the rarer ones of the bunch. i have about 20 complete sets + extras and basing this on a 4-5 cases i opened

http://leggomylegos.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-simpson-minifigure-rarity-guide.html

​60 pieces x 5 boxes = 300 minifigs

300 / 16 minifigs = 18.75 complete sets

How did you get 20 complete sets?

​60 pieces x 5 boxes = 300 minifigs

300 / 16 minifigs = 18.75 complete sets

How did you get 20 complete sets?

​i didnt state i only bought 5 sealed boxes. the 4-5 sealed boxes were among the total of the simpsons figs i bought. btw 5 boxes are 15 complete sets

Edited by jerryherb

Hey everyone, 

here's a video i created pretty much giving an in-depth review of the new Simpsons series 2 lego minifigures...also detailing BUMP CODES that i found.

***DISCLAIMER***

i've found out in the past that the bump codes are different in various countries. also they SOMETIMES change in the middle of the series cycle.

these bump codes were from packs purchased at the glendale, california lego store.

the bump codes that i did find 15 out of 16 were all unique.  at the end of the unbagging and review video i posted a photo that shows all of the bump codes lined up.

hope this helps! and hope you all enjoy!

smooshed a sealed case over the last 2 days. 

the hardest one to discern for me are homer and hibbard.  have to feel the ridge of hibbard's fro.

the rest are super easy.

i am not able to get martin prince to hold the book - i'm not sure what is wrong with me.

smooshed a sealed case over the last 2 days. 

the hardest one to discern for me are homer and hibbard.  have to feel the ridge of hibbard's fro.

the rest are super easy.

i am not able to get martin prince to hold the book - i'm not sure what is wrong with me.

I haven't smooshed them myself yet, but I'd say Homer's bug eyes would help identifying him over Hibbert