Friends - general discussion

JimBean4

Fan of Friends  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a fan of the Friends theme?

• Yes, but only to invest in.
    • Yes, I like to collect them.
    • Yes, I collect and invest.
    • No, I'm not.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Emazer! What about Emma's Horse Trailer? Should be EOL but Lego.com says "Ships in March"

If it says ships in March then it has not gone EOL, just means that Lego was probably low on stock of this set and will be refilling/replenising their stock of this set in March.

Pretty simple thread idea. These seem to be hot, but I'm not sure which ones are so hard to find you should pay retail for them. Case in point tonight, I was at a Walmart with a few Heartlake Flying Club 3063 sets. That is considered hard to find, no? Yet is available on S&****? These sets don't tend to go on sale that often, as previously noted.

From my area, they don't go on sale at all (Ohio). Our Shelves are not stocked with many Friends. I can tell you I was watching the Heartlake Stables (3189) go a month ago on Amazon From anywhere from $34.00 to $69.00 (approx) if the had them available. Now they are listed at $39.42 showing marked down fom $49.99. Wish I could understand what is going on.

Case in point tonight, I was at a Walmart with a few Heartlake Flying Club 3063 sets. That is considered hard to find, no? Yet is available on S&****?

That's a fairly easy to find set at the moment..wait for a sale.

I've paid retail for the riding camp ($99.99) back in January and the Brick Calendar (if you don't count LEGO VIP points). I wish I had waited on my first riding camp purchases for TRU BOGO, but I really didn't think they were going to produce too many of those. I bought some at the TRU BOGO recently so that lowered my average price.

That's a fairly easy to find set at the moment..wait for a sale.

I've paid retail for the riding camp back in January and the Brick Calendar (if you don't count LEGO VIP points).

Not around here - we've never seen 3063's till recently (Walmart). Where have you been seeing them (supposedly in abundance)?

Like you I was about to spring $99 on Camps, but luckily, the TRU BOGO came around and we pulled the trigger then. Got both at $82 each.

I will say, BOGO seems like the best option at the moment. Even the TRU $20 off might be worth it for Riding Camp. As mentioned above, I haven't seen 3063 anywhere I've looked, which was why I was surprised to see it today. They are going for $30+ on ebay. The recent Shopko BOGO had a few sets if you acted quickly. Seems to be the best sale strategy for these. Waiting for another BOGO or Amazon deal for Olivia's house....that is going to be a good one.....

Not around here - we've never seen 3063's till recently (Walmart). Where have you been seeing them (supposedly in abundance)?

I saw at least 15 tonight, and I wasn't even looking. I've probably seen 50+ since Saturday. I'm in the DFW area...WalMart is full of them. Target has them as well. Also all three LEGO stores in this area have many. Next week I'll be in OKC...I'll check there too.

My hunch is that 3063 won't go EOL until later this year...they only started it late last July.

We're somewhat fortunate in this area in terms of supply because we're smack in the middle of the country...

As mentioned above, I haven't seen 3063 anywhere I've looked, which was why I was surprised to see it today. They are going for $30+ on ebay.

I can't see how between $30 and $40 is very profitable on that one. My minimum number on that one for a 30% profit above RRP is $42.29 with shipping included (and I always overestimate shipping cost a little).

The last one that I see that sold on eBay was on 2/22 for $28.98 with free shipping...that's a significant loser after fees and shipping. There are a few others that sold in February, but none were really profitable.

That's fine, you can give me all the free ones you get. I think the stables are an insane deal right now and I wouldn't pass on it at its current prices. Also, Olivia's house and the riding camp are great. This year, the dolphin cruise will be a great one to start getting as well as heartlake high. My wife and I are collecting some of the smaller ones in multiples to stockpile for future gifts/investments, they are cheap enough to give away and she likes some of the sets to build with our own kids someday.