Friends - general discussion

JimBean4

Fan of Friends  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a fan of the Friends theme?

• Yes, but only to invest in.
    • Yes, I like to collect them.
    • Yes, I collect and invest.
    • No, I'm not.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Baltimore,Md and It takes me about 3 Hours to hit all 6 Toys R Us stores, so I went Sunday Morning when the sale started and then again today, so thats how I got 16 Friends 3185 Summer Camp, and I got 14 Vampire Castle's and 12 LOTR Helm's Deep" Now about Lego making more Friends sets or any sets my take on that Is It really doesn't matter, on the Friends Sets. Ok I have a 2 year old girl in a couple years she might get into the Friends sets, but its like a Revolving door, kids are born they get order and they get lego's and it just keeps Revolving, and you have teenagers into them, and now the Parents are building sets, and this is for all the other sets to, each day there is more people that get into Lego's, and This is Worldwide, so I wouldn't worry about how many sets are made. But Back to the Friends Sets the 3185 Summer Riding Camp, what makes this set great to get is, its Only a Lego and Toys R US Exclusive $99.99 at Lego and $109.99 at Tru, but TRU will have it up to $119.99 or more for Christmas, so with the TRU sale you can get a set for $87.00 since Lego won't have a sale on these, and the only other hope is if TRU has another sale like this with the Friends included, last time they weren't. And since its a TRU and LEGO Exclusive Amazon Prime can't sell them, now the 3rd party people that sell on Amazon can, but they won't be $87.00, and I also have 10 Olivia's House sets. And since the 3185 is a big set over 1000 pieces, I am pretty sure this set will be a great money maker in a few years.

The article that I read yesterday said that they had already doubled production in 2012 to meet demand. Not that they will be doubling in the future.

If they have already doubled production and have still not met demand, I expect the earliest sets to benefit the most. Perhaps they doubled (or more?) the second wave in June, as opposed to the the Jan. wave?

Hey guys these 3 sets are set to retire soon on lego.com. Question is that this is series one for a friends line that will be around for awhile. Any thoughts on scooping some of these up? I notice lego mini figures series seem to do well. I have about 4 sets of these now.

I bought those during 50% off BOGO sale as well - one of each 41017,18,19 and I gave our daughter the extra one (the one with squirrel). I figure those are a quick easy flip after they truly go EOL. Easy to store, doesn't take up too much space. I'm hesitant about buying many of those though.

At the moment I have 20 of each, but I got them at a really good price way below rrp, so this is an easy profitable sale for me at the moment. I happened to be in a WalMart and got a lucky grab on these a while back. The full series sells regularly now for about $20.50 with shipping so that's profitable for me now...I'll probably hold until the next series is released, as that appears to be imminent...they're showing ghosted out pictures of the series 2 pets on the lego.com friends site.

At the moment I have 20 of each, but I got them at a really good price way below rrp, so this is an easy profitable sale for me at the moment. I happened to be in a WalMart and got a lucky grab on these a while back.

The full series sells regularly now for about $20.50 with shipping so that's profitable for me now...I'll probably hold until the next series is released, as that appears to be imminent...they're showing ghosted out pictures of the series 2 pets on the lego.com friends site.

brickipedia has pics of the next series the hedgehog is nice but a repete from the vet set

I heard they grounded all flights last night at DFW due to the high winds......dont know if that was true. It was windy and cold last night here, but probably colder where you were.

I actually flew out of DFW last night at about 6:10, but my flight was an hour late.

It's really not that cold here...it's hovering around 33 so none of this crap is freezing, but it's been coming down all day. AA now has me flying out at 11. Worst case I have to get a cab back to the hotel where I have a room tonight that's not getting used....

I guess if I get stuck here I can always hit some stores tomorrow during the day. Downtown Chicago LEGO store is about 2 miles from my hotel.

If you have no one to pick you up I would gladly pick you up but something tells me your wife wants to ;)

So you haven't been married long?

My wife will be fast asleep...I'm good though, have a car coming (DFW is the worst airport in the world for taxis).

I think the cute factor is making me crack. I'm gonna just say "ah the heck with it" and get myself a full set of Series 1, or at least get "Cat's Playground". I had a cat that looked pretty much just like that. She didn't have that BIG of a noggin though. Hm, the more I look at the FRIENDS theme, the more parts I like. For example, I love the guitar in "Rehearsal Stage" (41004). It's very 'Jem'-esque.

The Treehouse and Olivia's House and the Main one in my opinion the 3185 Summer Riding Camp Toys R Us & Lego Exclusive will all be out all of 2013. And it looks like the cheaper deal for the 3185 will be Toys R US, as with there sale last week I got 16 of them for about $86 each, and with there 20 percent coupon comes out to about $96 each this week. So I will wait for the next buy one get one half price. Hopefully Toys R Us will have another big $100 set again. The Order form does not show no Store Exclusives.

One observation about the summer riding camp, it is no longer listed as an exclusive in the spring catalog. This, combined with the news of Lego doubling production of the friends series leads me to believe the set will start appearing in more stores such as target and Wal-Mart in the near future.