Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - October 2014

pickleboy

Fantistic! I have held off on the Tumbler because I knew that Double VIP was coming, but that little promo set is just amazing. Will go perfectly with Santa`s Workshop! I can already hear the Christmas bells jingling! 

Christmas bells Jingling and ebay app cha-chinging. Seeing the X-mas lego giveaways for the first time kind of marks a starting point into the holiday sales period in my mind and reminds us how close we are.

It's also 1 of 2. I'm sure the 2 of 2 will be out in Nov. hopefully it has more reindeer as Sana's workshop is missing a few, mainly Rudolph.

The set designer said they couldn't officially do Rudolph because of copyright reasons, but did say there will be an extra trans-red brick in the set

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

• Like 1

Christmas bells Jingling and ebay app cha-chinging. Seeing the X-mas lego giveaways for the first time kind of marks a starting point into the holiday sales period in my mind and reminds us how close we are.

It`s the season where you could sell Candy Canes back to the Candy Cane factory if you do it right! 

Spotted the little seasonal vampire-and-coffin set (850936) in store yesterday. That one's a cutie!

I'm not a fan of the cardboard arch though. I mean it kinda makes sense with the birthday and wedding ones (cake toppers), but not so much this one. Thoughts?

Haunted House topper ?

I prefer the bat (40090), most likely because it looks like a Pokemon :D

How fast do promos run out usually? Do I need to buy at midnight October 1st? Worried about everything limited after barely getting research institute.

Usually promos will last the duration of the scheduled availability, but more sought after promos like this one, or maybe the Classic Spaceman could run out earlier. Order in the first week and you should be fine. I have sincere doubts you'll need to stay up until midnight to get it. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

So would you guys bet on early October being the best time this calendar year to buy any exclusives from Shop @ Home? With 10% back in VIP plus a good polybag, you're looking at basically 10% + $15-20 (??) off any $99+ purchase. Based on last year, I don't anticipate Black Friday being better for modulars, etc.

Outside of a T1 polybag showing up all of a sudden, yes, it's about a good as it will get for exclusives/hard to finds.  On a $100 purchase, you're figuring in somewhere about 25% off your purchase.  A bit less as your purchase price goes up.