10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

If I sell a JW I-Rex for $220, I don't want the buyer finding it at Walmart two weeks later at $99, buying that one and shipping it back to me for a refund.

I worry about this sometimes too, and then remind myself that

1) most people don't relentlessly hunt for bargains like us BPers do. I think generally once people spend their money they don't think about it too much after the fact. We are all hypersensitive to rising and falling prices.

2) And, perhaps more importantly, people are pretty lazy. Most aren't going to put forth the effort, however minimal it may be, to return a product so they can save $20. I know I'm guilty of this from time to time

If you're worried about it, meet in a public place or near a police station. The chances of it happening are still slim... Yeesh.

Police station is the way to go.  In fact my local police always encourages people to do so.  Most of the other incidents I've read about happened in a public parking lot.

Hopefully the fact that the item is Lego means that the chances are small that the buyer is not the violent criminal type.  But anytime the value of an item is high I would strongly recommend caution.  Odds are in your favor that nothing will happen, but it only takes 1 incident for something bad to happen.  Why put yourself at risk unnecessarily.

Personally, I simply feel it takes too much extra time and hassle to set up meetings.  You both have to be available at a reasonable time and reasonable travel distance.  Compared to selling online at home, and working on it at really any hour of your choosing.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

UK cheapest one is 740£ now!!

That price is only valid IF it sells and it's hard to see what actual selling prices are. I've got my 4 advertised locally for £600 and not a sniff. There's no way that eBay/PayPal are getting their greedy mitts on the best part of £100 from me. However, it's nice to see the value rise and £1000 can't be that far off.

setting up meets in a bank to deposit cash right away or a post office where its a federal felony to bring a firearm is also a feasible option.

Bank is a great idea.  Security everywhere, cameras on every angle, and yes you can deposit your fat wad of greenbacks right there on the spot.

setting up meets in a bank to deposit cash right away or a post office where its a federal felony to bring a firearm is also a feasible option.

Wow, you guys really have a lot of issues to deal with when trading with people! I´m more worried about fake banknotes than having a gun pulled on me.

• Like 2

That price is only valid IF it sells and it's hard to see what actual selling prices are. I've got my 4 advertised locally for £600 and not a sniff. There's no way that eBay/PayPal are getting their greedy mitts on the best part of £100 from me. However, it's nice to see the value rise and £1000 can't be that far off.

Ebay/paypal Is part of the game. Expensive but very good. And fingers crossed for grand mark.

Cheapest BIN 850 euros. Next cheapest 950 euros. One to follow closely.

Nice! The higher it climbs the more afraid I get to actually sell it!

Not so much because of the chance of an even higher price but more because of possible scams and stuff like that. Selling a 1000$ set via ebay sounds risky for a seller... Never sold anything that expensive... (any tipps?)

• Like 1

Nice! The higher it climbs the more afraid I get to actually sell it!

Not so much because of the chance of an even higher price but more because of possible scams and stuff like that. Selling a 1000$ set via ebay sounds risky for a seller... Never sold anything that expensive... (any tipps?)

If you're afraid to be scammed, sell it lower than the average price.

Like, if it's 1200€, sell it 900€.

More chances that a "real" buyer will quickly jump on that "good" price before a scammer.