10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

amazon @ 999.90 + SH is 1K in my book. let the sellers fight over price to thin out the stock. not many people have this and the price keeps rising at a steady pace. $1200-$1500 xmas 2015 looks very likely.

my personal thinking is that there is a decent supply hanging around. yes it sells but the volume is not that great about 2->3 every 2 weeks. we still have over 50 sellers listed @ amazon. i just think that we should have less than 20 sellers for this to get to $1500 or higher. 

that means a lot of supply needs to be absorbed. from now to nov. at least over 100. 

my personal thinking is that there is a decent supply hanging around. yes it sells but the volume is not that great about 2->3 every 2 weeks. we still have over 50 sellers listed @ amazon. i just think that we should have less than 20 sellers for this to get to $1500 or higher. 

that means a lot of supply needs to be absorbed. from now to nov. at least over 100. 

And after that the patient ones kick in. People who have been waiting for stock to dry. I think growth will remain. But more slow the more time passes.

The question to me is whether the Executor is a one-of-a-kind ship or have other SSDs been constructed? Who else in the Empire would have been powerful/influential enough to warrant one? If the ship is unique, we may never see another SSD of any scale again.

i say that, but just watch: micro fighter series 3 SSD with Darth mini fig...

The good thing about the SSD is that it's scale makes it difficult to make a set of anything but a large display model. It's not very minifig friendly that way. I think Lego only produced it because they kind of had to do some kind of SSD at some point, and a big UCS model is really the only way to go. Even at UCS size the details are still be too small to be of any real interest. I doubt we'll ever see a mid-sized set of this ship.

• Like 1

The good thing about the SSD is that it's scale makes it difficult to make a set of anything but a large display model. It's not very minifig friendly that way. I think Lego only produced it because they kind of had to do some kind of SSD at some point, and a big UCS model is really the only way to go. Even at UCS size the details are still be too small to be of any real interest. I doubt we'll ever see a mid-sized set of this ship.

At last someone talking some sense. People should just chill out and enjoy the ride to higher value ...and stop thinking what if what that. Pour yourselves a glass or red wine and enjoy the show....

The question to me is whether the Executor is a one-of-a-kind ship or have other SSDs been constructed? Who else in the Empire would have been powerful/influential enough to warrant one? If the ship is unique, we may never see another SSD of any scale again.

i say that, but just watch: micro fighter series 3 SSD with Darth mini fig...

There are other SSD's, in the SW novels anyway.  None of them accomplish anything more than the Executor though.  Total waste of Imperial taxpayer's money.  Even the DS 2 shot down a couple Rebel cruisers before blowing up.

• 2 weeks later...

Someone's just bought one on BL for €1300.

nice!! highest sold one in Aus that i know of is 1490aud in late august (rrp was 700aud but there was opportunity to buy it for substantial discount when amazon shipped to Oz and our dollar was stronger). of current listings, BIN starts at 1600aud although there is one listing for 1700 that has 17 units left in stock.

at this rate should be 2000aud for xmas easily

• 2 weeks later...

At some point it will get too expensive for me to trust ebay and amazon buyers and I will only sell in person for cash.

i have quite a few people, on separate occasions, asking me about this set in Asia, and they are happy to pay usd 1k for new set. I figured that by dec when new movie is released, the price will easily exceed 1k mark.

• Like 1