10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

• 2 weeks later...

UK is doing OK too. Number of sales dropped a little bit, but that's understandable. The higher the price point...the lesser sales! But the price has increased indeed, I've seen a few sales over £700 mark (£750 if i remember well) which is good. With used ones trading easily at £500+ ... I think it's safe to say this set has doubled in the UK now in price (before fees etc.)

If anyone is interested in tracking price evolution of this set in Europe, there are 3 auctions ending today and 2 are already touching 850 euros. The cheapest BIN is at just under 900 and there are only 4 BIN listings at less than 940 euros.

This proves that there are still people spending big bucks on recent Lego but it has to be the right set.

• 4 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

Jeepers, 3 of these bad boys sold in the last hour on Ebay Europe! Avg price 890 euros plus shipping. Where are folk getting there money from to get all these red 5´s,DS and SSD´s?

and where do people get money to buy diamond rings, luxury leather products etc. ? :angel:

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

If I had an SSD for every person that has said that.

Next question is how many are still hoarded and not listed and how high it will eventually go - 5x RRP?

in US i think huge numbers are hoarded. i would say around 10k that's based on my own thinking.

i already sold about 70% of my stock. i am left with 30% of it. and i know i am in the minority of the sellers who sold them. most of the sellers were expecting $1500 by 12/15 and priced accordingly. 

i sold about 40% of them in the range of 1k to 1.1k . 30% was sold last year around 800->900 range.

So looking at BP data, it's gone up around $200 from Jan '15 to Jan '16. Probably a similar trajectory in the EU. That sound about right?

Will we see that figure dip over 2016,  or could the continuing SW hype along with a possible appearance in Rogue One lead to an increase in growth rate?

10 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

So looking at BP data, it's gone up around $200 from Jan '15 to Jan '16. Probably a similar trajectory in the EU. That sound about right?

Will we see that figure dip over 2016,  or could the continuing SW hype along with a possible appearance in Rogue One lead to an increase in growth rate?

My thoughts... it will rise even faster this year. Combine the current Star Wars mania with the set getting scarcer slowly. It is a legendary set already. 

so far so good. I have plenty left of this set, but I wish I had even more as opposed to some others which didn't perform to the expectations. But it's all a matter of balance I guess :)

This set and 10212 (both with blue box and from episode VI) picked up good speed in 2015. 2016 should be even better for both of them, especially the 10212 as it becomes more and more scarce..