10221 - UCS: Super Star Destroyer

Jeff Mack

SSD  

395 members have voted

1. 1. How many sealed SSD's do you have

• 4-5
    • 6-10
    • more than 10
    • I'm Emazers and I built a replica SSD out of sealed SSDs.

Why would anyone return these to target if LEGO ends up getting them back (slim chance) for 15% off during May 4th sale?  If this set goes EOL, paying $340 at LEGO or $400 at target won't make too much of a difference.  The more the better.  When will you ever be able to get these at $400 again?

So, whether I get any more SSD's or not, I'm fine.

Having fun with this -

2 questions:

1) Does Lego Stores hold sets for 24 hours without payment.  IE could I call my Lego store and ask them to hold an SSD if they have one and I'll pick it up Saturday?  Not sure what they normally will do and what they would do in this situation.

2) Has anyone ordered 2 from Walmart before?  Then Walmart would ship them in a 2 pack box rather than the 2 Lego SSD boxes with nothing else?  Maybe that would work.  I am scared of ship to store.  I bought about 3 Lone Ranger Train Sets for $12 each during that website pricing mess up and they all had those HUGE sticky labels on the side that don't come off well (or I don't know how to) without destroying the box.  The Lady let me try to remove them, I damaged them (one horribly) and then went and got ones on the floor, traded them out, and she took back the ripped up ones, and away I went with my 3 12$ train sets.  Priceless experience.  I am obviously not trained in the ways of the force of removing stickers.  Anyone get these stickers on an in store SSD pickup and how did you deal with it?  I am hoping walmart ship to home of 2 would be in a gigantic box.

Hair dryer.
  • Like 1

Thanks. This was valuable until Dbroncoby took the last 4. :) Well done Droncoby, I admire your timing, only better if it would have been me!

Really couldn't have been luckier. Still not going to get my hopes up though as with walmart you just never know. Wouldn't surprise me if they oversold them or the last 4 are all the ones fellow brick pickers returned lol

Yeah like this one... Its like $5 than the one I bought from walmart and probably will come packaged better....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-LEGO-Star-Wars-Super-Star-Destroyer-10221-/171298411348?pt=Building_Toys_US&hash=item27e22e5354

Well, whoever is listing SSDs on ebay and amazon for less that TRU right now, should reeeeeeeaaaaaaaly reconsider...

Hey Ed, Like last year, I assume you are not allowed to release / post May 4 details on this site until a predetermined date?

We will let you know as soon as we get it. We kept them secret until we saw everyone else post them, but why wait? It's not like its secret Black Ops info. We usually get it a day or two before the sale. As I have been saying, along with emazers and numerous other members, if you want an SSD and have access to one, pull the trigger. Word on the street is that these large exclusives will not be discounted. I hope I am wrong, but the source is a good one.

Sent from my iPad using Brickpicker

Why would anyone return these to target if LEGO ends up getting them back (slim chance) for 15% off during May 4th sale?  If this set goes EOL, paying $340 at LEGO or $400 at target won't make too much of a difference.  The more the better.  When will you ever be able to get these at $400 again?

I only budgeted myself for a certain number of these, so I'd be over.  But, at this point with it being sold out everywhere it makes more sense to hold and sell than to return.

I actually had my SSD show up from target yesterday and was hoping this would happen. It showed up with a dinged corner and crease but nothing too terrible but I'm a box **** and this if for my personal collection. So when I saw it was out of stock I called in and after some smooth talking I actually got %15 off plus my redcard discount.

Couldn't have worked out better!

I will be doing this tomorrow with 7 out of the 8 that i just received. Only one arrived in almost new condition. The rest are good enough for buyers down the road but i am a box snob. Too much time in the high end comic book world I guess.

Secondary market prices will stay the same as TRU retail until TRU sells out in 6 years.  :console:

if the aftermarket hits that price TRU will sell out. If that takes 6 months to a year that gives me a 25-30% gain. I am really quite ok with that. If this goes at lego then i expect about 600 by Christmas if not more and 800-1000 when the movie comes out.
  • Like 1

I guess there are always issues like space, funds tied up...

So for those who only plan to have certain amount of inventory, once they reach their goal, they don't want more. With high fees charged by eBay and Amazon, one always needs to sit with his/her SSD for some time for its secondary value to go ~20% above MSRP to get the money back.