Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

this has been discussed a lot on the amazon forums.  reading the article, it is actual suppliers to amazon.com, not 3p sellers, who are going to be pinched.  this sentence sums it up.

Amazon’s aim is to cut costs and focus wholesale purchasing on major brands like Procter & Gamble, Sony and Lego, the people said. That will ensure the company has adequate supplies of must-have merchandise and help it compete with the likes of Walmart, Target and Best Buy.

I don't see how this has any bearing on 3p sellers.  no way  amazon wants to mess with 3p mana.  

Edited by cladner

3 hours ago, cladner said:

this has been discussed a lot on the amazon forums.  reading the article, it is actual suppliers to amazon.com, not 3p sellers, who are going to be pinched.  this sentence sums it up.

Amazon’s aim is to cut costs and focus wholesale purchasing on major brands like Procter & Gamble, Sony and Lego, the people said. That will ensure the company has adequate supplies of must-have merchandise and help it compete with the likes of Walmart, Target and Best Buy.

I don't see how this has any bearing on 3p sellers.  no way  amazon wants to mess with 3p mana.  

It sounds like they are referring to smaller suppliers being cut off from receiving wholesale orders from amazon (10 million or less according to the article.) If you manufactured a product and counted on Amazon’s wholesale orders, you’ll have to expand your market and find other avenues to sell your product. The article has no correlation to 3rd party sellers. 

• 2 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Why? Don't you want to save $.45 on shipping ?? :D

This happened a few weeks back and then it switched back to optional dimensions. Hopefully it will go away again.  My current 2 box shipment would be $26 without dimensions and it is $45 with dimensions.  That adds up quick.

This happened a few weeks back and then it switched back to optional dimensions. Hopefully it will go away again.  My current 2 box shipment would be $26 without dimensions and it is $45 with dimensions.  That adds up quick.
I've been selling off all of my Dimensions so I would hope they stay optional...
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cobrakai said:

i imagine fedex bills them for dimensions so i would be surprised why they wouldn't require it

9 hours ago, river41 said:

i imagine fedex bills them for dimensions so i would be surprised why they wouldn't require it

Fed Ex did not seem to be applying dimensional weight to my shipments yesterday, but UPS was. The $46 UPS shipment was only $31 with Fed Ex.

here's a new one.

i get something showing up in my stranded inventory.

i open it up and informing me I have 25x LEGO Jurassic World Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack 75931 stranded.  i relist the item and boom inventory is live.

only thing is i never sent in 25x of these.

last fall i sent in 17x and sold 17x.

now out of the blue i have 25x of these showing up in my inventory ready for sale and i'm live on the listing.

what to do? 

first off, i know the wrong answer - wasting my time attempting to do a good deed and asking for punishment and extra attention on my account chatting with seller support. 

i also don't want to sell these and then have amazon say ooops - they weren't yours to sell and extract unknown funds down the road.

recalling inventory is an option and seeing if they catch the goof but then have to pay return shipping fees and get some damaged boxes .

atm i'm priced out of the buybox and i'm leaning towards waiting a few more days to see if it gets figured out.

anyone else ever encounter this situation (or suddenly missing 25x 75931 from inventory lol)?

I've had that happen a few times before. I always contact Seller Support to report the error...better to be safe than sorry. It has had mixed results...one time they said they couldn't find an error and let me keep the inventory, the other time they took them back after I insisted because the value of the inventory wasn't worth any hassle it might create down the road.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cladner said:

here's a new one.

i get something showing up in my stranded inventory.

i open it up and informing me I have 25x LEGO Jurassic World Dilophosaurus Outpost Attack 75931 stranded.  i relist the item and boom inventory is live.

only thing is i never sent in 25x of these.

last fall i sent in 17x and sold 17x.

now out of the blue i have 25x of these showing up in my inventory ready for sale and i'm live on the listing.

what to do? 

first off, i know the wrong answer - wasting my time attempting to do a good deed and asking for punishment and extra attention on my account chatting with seller support. 

i also don't want to sell these and then have amazon say ooops - they weren't yours to sell and extract unknown funds down the road.

recalling inventory is an option and seeing if they catch the goof but then have to pay return shipping fees and get some damaged boxes .

atm i'm priced out of the buybox and i'm leaning towards waiting a few more days to see if it gets figured out.

anyone else ever encounter this situation (or suddenly missing 25x 75931 from inventory lol)?

I have had this happen, but on a smaller scale (1 or 2 items "extra") several times already in my short FBA life. I have always reported it, but only once did it get corrected. 

• Like 1

So I received a "not as described" claim for an FBM order of a Mickey Mouse Brickheadz.  I promptly sent the customer a return shipping label and got back an open box with a bag of random LEGO pieces yesterday.  I know this set was sealed and not tampered with when I sent it so I'm fairly certain I've been scammed by the buyer.  Is there any course of action I can take to dispute this with Amazon or should I just refund the buyer and move on?

So I received a "not as described" claim for an FBM order of a Mickey Mouse Brickheadz.  I promptly sent the customer a return shipping label and got back an open box with a bag of random LEGO pieces yesterday.  I know this set was sealed and not tampered with when I sent it so I'm fairly certain I've been scammed by the buyer.  Is there any course of action I can take to dispute this with Amazon or should I just refund the buyer and move on?

Ok first of all google “amazon seller forums” and read them every day. There is a lot of good information there and you would already have your answer to this question.

Here’s what your options are
Refund 50% of the item price because it was returned “materially different” and withhold the return shipping and original Shipping fee. If you are also a professional seller ($40/mo fee) you can file a safe-t claim for the amount refunded. You will also want to report this buyer, the forums will have step by step instructions for that.

You run the risk of the buyer leaving negative feedback regardless of what you refund, even if refunding in full. The buyer can file an A-Z so you will want to get good photographs of the product you sent, and the return to defend yourself. Have all your tracking info and dates ready. Even though amazon can easily look them up, the person who looks at the claim wants to close it in the quickest amount of time so they will only look at the information you provide or fail to provide. Keep in mind amazon doesn’t even follow their own policies all the time so even when you do everything correctly you may still lose. In that case appeal and try again.
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, thombockerman said:

Ok first of all google “amazon seller forums” and read them every day. There is a lot of good information there and you would already have your answer to this question.

Here’s what your options are
Refund 50% of the item price because it was returned “materially different” and withhold the return shipping and original Shipping fee. If you are also a professional seller ($40/mo fee) you can file a safe-t claim for the amount refunded. You will also want to report this buyer, the forums will have step by step instructions for that.

You run the risk of the buyer leaving negative feedback regardless of what you refund, even if refunding in full. The buyer can file an A-Z so you will want to get good photographs of the product you sent, and the return to defend yourself. Have all your tracking info and dates ready. Even though amazon can easily look them up, the person who looks at the claim wants to close it in the quickest amount of time so they will only look at the information you provide or fail to provide. Keep in mind amazon doesn’t even follow their own policies all the time so even when you do everything correctly you may still lose. In that case appeal and try again.

lol - bunga bunga is that u?  or maybe your robust verbosity indicates  dogtamer 2930_1.png posts among us... :tongue:

amazon seller forums are highly entertaining and educational.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

Refund and move on unless you want to get into an A-Z/neg feedback fight with someone you already know is willing to lie over a $40 sale

• Like 1

1 hour ago, redcell said:

Refund and move on unless you want to get into an A-Z/neg feedback fight with someone you already know is willing to lie over a $40 sale

Definitely don't do that. Refund 50% and open a Safe-T claim. Don"t forget to include pictures and a description of what happened. Have done this many times and never lost a case, was always refunded back the remaining 50%.

15 minutes ago, nick625 said:

Definitely don't do that. Refund 50% and open a Safe-T claim. Don"t forget to include pictures and a description of what happened. Have done this many times and never lost a case, was always refunded back the remaining 50%.

Does this work with FBA scam as well?  Obviously Amzn already refunded 100% by the time I got whatever the buyer sent back

NVM, read some posts on amzn and found my answer 

29 minutes ago, nick625 said:

I guess the road you pursue depends on the value you assign to your time...personally, I don't bother pursuing small dollar claims like this because they just aren't worth it in the overall scheme of things. 

1 minute ago, redcell said:

I guess the road you pursue depends on the value you assign to your time...personally, I don't bother pursuing small dollar claims like this because they just aren't worth it in the overall scheme of things. 

I pursue them only to not encourage other scammers. I file a safe-t claim and report them at the same time. When many sellers report the same buyer they eventually get banned. 

Did anyone else get this email about Amazon Middle East today? Anyone thinking about signing up?

"

Amazon.ae is now live!

Amazon Middle East went live on May 1st, 2019. We are inviting you to be one of the first US businesses to expand in to the United Arab Emirates through Amazon.ae and have access to the following features:
  • Reach out to the Souq.com customer base
  • English listing and customer communication (No language barrier)
  • Simplified and low cost logistics solutions for Fulfillment by Merchant (FBM) and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
  • Direct and secure payment processing into your US bank account
  • Accept US business entity for seller account registration

"