Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

6 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

“I looked into all the laws and said, ‘You know, it’s a scratch ticket. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose,’” he said.

‘Do I need to hire an attorney?’ and they said I wasn’t under investigation at that point. They were just asking questions. I answered a lot of questions with ‘I don’t know’ just so I didn’t jeopardize myself.”

?   u can't make this stuff up.

my best guess is chief of police is bro of shipping company head honcho  or something along those lines.

Edited by cladner

7 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I hate these POS a-hole scammers who bought FBA sets and returned them without any minifig.  :mad: :mad: 

so buyers purchase sealed sets on Amazon, but return them seals broken and holes in the inside baggies?

so what's supposed to happen next? (they just get away w/ it because Amazon is too big to care????) Am I naive to think any retailer would care with returns in not original condition?

so buyers purchase sealed sets on Amazon, but return them seals broken and holes in the inside baggies?
so what's supposed to happen next? (they just get away w/ it because Amazon is too big to care????) Am I naive to think any retailer would care with returns in not original condition?

Unfortunately we eat it yes. I just a FBA return, reason was customer ordered wrong item. Then I get a notice the item was damaged by customer and I had to remove it from my FBA. How this is my problem Idk, but I received the item back today. Not terrible, looks like they opened the amazon box with a razor or scissors and cut the outer packaging slightly. Still a pain in the ass, but part of the cost of selling on amazon. Same rules for all of us.
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

They don't care hence the rant

9 hours ago, Darth_Raichu said:

I hate these POS a-hole scammers who bought FBA sets and returned them without any minifig.  :mad: :mad: 

I've sold 12,563 Lego sets on Amazon in the last 5 years and have never had this happen to me (to my knowledge.)  I do get a lot of returns on Marvel Legends action figures with the "build a figure" piece removed from the package or a different figure inserted into the package.  If I have time, I always report those and sometimes I can tell that is is the same buyer that previously did the same thing to me on a previous order.  Amazon seems receptive and opens cases about the abusive buyers.  I love when I google map their address and can clearly see that they live in a very expensive mansion LOL.

• Like 1

I've sold 12,563 Lego sets on Amazon in the last 5 years and have never had this happen to me (to my knowledge.)  I do get a lot of returns on Marvel Legends action figures with the "build a figure" piece removed from the package or a different figure inserted into the package.  If I have time, I always report those and sometimes I can tell that is is the same buyer that previously did the same thing to me on a previous order.  Amazon seems receptive and opens cases about the abusive buyers.  I love when I google map their address and can clearly see that they live in a very expensive mansion LOL.

Some (most) people just suck regardless of their financial situation.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jackson said:

Is there a trick to getting a Seller Support rep whose first language is English on the phone? The issue I have is apparently too complex for me to convey otherwise.

hang up claiming poor reception..dial again...repeat as needed

general rules of thumb: don't call customer support on weekends, after-hours, or full moons

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Wooohoooo!!! More taxes :

Dear Seller,

We are reaching out regarding the possible tax implications on some seller fees beginning June 1, 2019. 

Some states consider specific Selling on Amazon fees such as per item, order, and refund fees as a taxable electronic service. Similarly, some states consider FBA inventory prep fees such as bubble wrap, polybag, taping and labels as taxable. Seller fees is not increasing however; you might see tax applied to some seller fees.

For more information regarding this change, refer to the FAQ below:

- What fees are taxable?

Selling on Amazon fees (based on your business location):
Referral Fee
Subscription Fee
Variable Closing Fee
Per-item Fee
Promotion & Merchandising Fee
Refund commission Fee
Checkout by Amazon
Sales Tax Collection Fee

FBA service fees (based on order fulfillment center):
Labeling Fee
Polybagging Fee
Bubble wrap Fee
Taping Fee
Opaque Bagging Fee
Repackaging Fee

• Like 1

Wooohoooo!!! More taxes :
Dear Seller,

We are reaching out regarding the possible tax implications on some seller fees beginning June 1, 2019. 

Some states consider specific Selling on Amazon fees such as per item, order, and refund fees as a taxable electronic service. Similarly, some states consider FBA inventory prep fees such as bubble wrap, polybag, taping and labels as taxable. Seller fees is not increasing however; you might see tax applied to some seller fees.

For more information regarding this change, refer to the FAQ below:

- What fees are taxable?

Selling on Amazon fees (based on your business location):
• Referral Fee
• Subscription Fee
• Variable Closing Fee
• Per-item Fee
• Promotion & Merchandising Fee
• Refund commission Fee
• Checkout by Amazon
• Sales Tax Collection Fee

FBA service fees (based on order fulfillment center):
• Labeling Fee
• Polybagging Fee
• Bubble wrap Fee
• Taping Fee
• Opaque Bagging Fee
• Repackaging Fee

8ca241bd8f2fb351867d1cbafb083b24.jpg

So I guess something like this?

in case amazon seller disense reads this thread, 10734 junior demolition site has  been selling for weeks $74 . no need to price at $56 - lower than ebay sellers LOL! - leave $18 on the table.  seriously.  check prices and reprice your stock before you send in new stock which is what i'm guessing is what happened.  even toycentric is pi$$ed at being undercut on both platforms.

image.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Foreman Porgy said:

Seems like they are just adding random taxes in because they can. I’ve also seen that on several of my orders. 

You should have received an email explaining those new taxes on certain services in certain states a few days ago. 

And in other tax news marketplace facilitator tax law passed for California and will start Oct 1 this year.

• 2 weeks later...

A post on Reddit:

As an employee of Amazon, I encourage that no one orders LEGO off our website.

I have been with Amazon for approximately 2 years as a "picker" (the people that physically retrieve the item from one of many bins). Most other pickers and other people from other departments are not extremely careful with product placement. For those of you who don't really care about box condition in the slightest, then by all means disregard this post. But I have seen where multiple bags of dog food or other heavy items are haphazardly thrown onto LEGO boxes and other fragile items... hundreds of times. Just the other day, I saw a Destinys Bounty box with a tear/hole so large I could stick my fist through. The packer didn't bother to tape it up even, just shipped it as is. It's really depressing when I make sure that fragile items get treated as such whereas most people in the warehouse don't really care at all. I have read multiple reviews of other Amazon warehouses where the behavior is exactly the same. So to all reading this, I really urge you not to buy LEGO off our site. I usually do (because of employee discount) and have had luck most of the time, but a surprisingly large amount of "New" sets that get shipped to me come in a pretty beat up condition to where I can tell what **** it's been through.

Thanks for reading my post, hope you all have a wonderful day.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

A post on Reddit:

I have been with Amazon for approximately 2 years as a "picker" (the people that physically retrieve the item from one of many bins). Most other pickers and other people from other departments are not extremely careful with product placement. For those of you who don't really care about box condition in the slightest, then by all means disregard this post. But I have seen where multiple bags of dog food or other heavy items are haphazardly thrown onto LEGO boxes and other fragile items... hundreds of times. Just the other day, I saw a Destinys Bounty box with a tear/hole so large I could stick my fist through. The packer didn't bother to tape it up even, just shipped it as is. It's really depressing when I make sure that fragile items get treated as such whereas most people in the warehouse don't really care at all. I have read multiple reviews of other Amazon warehouses where the behavior is exactly the same. So to all reading this, I really urge you not to buy LEGO off our site. I usually do (because of employee discount) and have had luck most of the time, but a surprisingly large amount of "New" sets that get shipped to me come in a pretty beat up condition to where I can tell what **** it's been through.

This is really encouraging, at least one person cares.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

A post on Reddit:

Yeah. And this is different from other big retailers, how exactly? 

• Like 1

I have to say that I have been ordering Lego from amazon for years and have had very few issues with them. Any time I did they were quick to replace or fix the issue. 

Though Prime Now is Sh$&t. They are the absolute worst warehouse and put stickers on the box or crush it and deliver garbage. If that’s the warehouse the OP worked at then I agree.