Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

27 minutes ago, Phil B said:

So Amazon just pulled the listing for B00XUYWZ5G - LEGO Dimensions Scooby Doo Team Pack. I received the below email:

Of course, the listing under manufacturer "WB Games" is still up (B00Z7ECFMU). What do the experts here suggest I do? Of course I don't have documentation to prove that using "LEGO" as the manufacturer for a LEGO dimensions item is correct, apart from the bleeding obvious logo on the box. Would it be best to open a case and request to update the ASIN on my listing to the WB Games listing? Any other course of action that has been successful in the past?

I just got this as well

1 hour ago, Phil B said:

So Amazon just pulled the listing for B00XUYWZ5G - LEGO Dimensions Scooby Doo Team Pack. I received the below email:

Of course, the listing under manufacturer "WB Games" is still up (B00Z7ECFMU). What do the experts here suggest I do? Of course I don't have documentation to prove that using "LEGO" as the manufacturer for a LEGO dimensions item is correct, apart from the bleeding obvious logo on the box. Would it be best to open a case and request to update the ASIN on my listing to the WB Games listing? Any other course of action that has been successful in the past?

i would think you should try to get it cleared up if you could. You dont want a trademark infringement  on your account .I doubt that's a good thing.

9 hours ago, My_own_2_bricks said:

Question..

I sold 2 Pet Shops this week FBA, doesn't appear that the buyer ever paid, the transactions are voided/gone and the sets are nowhere to be found in my inventory.  I haven't ever noticed this happen before. Thoughts?

Sometimes payments or other adjustments are slow to post at Amazon.  Keep an eye on it. It may straighten itself out within a week or so. They may "find" the inventory, or reimburse you,  or ??? If it's not right within 3 weeks or so, I'd open a case, but often they'll respond "be patient... we have 30 days to find your inventory...etc".

12 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

Does anyone else time stamp their sets with pictures of the buyers/sellers name/box condition, and seal codes? 

i sell fba so i'm not sure how i could even match up a specific box of a specific set to a specific seller hundreds of miles away from me in a warehouse i can't access.

not sure that this would pass the amazon sniff test anyway of offering any real protection to the fbm seller by having "proof" of having sent the set with a photo.  despite what i have read on the internet.

amazon wants to make the customer happy.  they don't want to be a judge and jury about the authenticity of your photo.

sell it fba and you won't even think about such things anymore.

9 minutes ago, cladner said:

i sell fba so i'm not sure how i could even match up a specific box of a specific set to a specific seller hundreds of miles away from me in a warehouse i can't access.

not sure that this would pass the amazon sniff test anyway of offering any real protection to the fbm seller by having "proof" of having sent the set with a photo.  despite what i have read on the internet.

amazon wants to make the customer happy.  they don't want to be a judge and jury about the authenticity of your photo.

sell it fba and you won't even think about such things anymore.

I’ve outgrown my current rental spot (BL takes up a good amount of space), so I’ve been thinking of transitioning to fba. 

1 minute ago, Bold-Arrow said:

That won’t help . You can’t prove that’s what was sent to the customer . You could have easily swapped sets after taking the pic in theory . 

Lol it didn’t work on eBay for when I had a hellicarrier returned completely mangled, so I thought I’d ask as far as amazon is concerned. 

38 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I’ve outgrown my current rental spot (BL takes up a good amount of space), so I’ve been thinking of transitioning to fba. 

you will wonder how you ever existed before.   also 1%'er grandma and grandpa are price-insensitive and love all things prime, so you'll tap into that reseller scum mana.

Edited by cladner
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Phil B said:

Hello,

We are contacting you because we have removed the ASINs at the end of this email for potential misuse of a trademark on the product detail page. Sellers on Amazon.com are not allowed to use trademarked terms in a way that may lead their product to be confused with a different trademarked product.

Please modify your product and product detail page to ensure that you are not misusing any trademarks. Your ASINs can be found on the Seller Central “Manage Inventory” page. When this is done, contact us at Seller Support, with a brief summary of the modifications you have made. If no modifications are made, these ASINs will not be reinstated.
Examples of unacceptable terms:

-- "AmazonBasics speaker charging cable." AmazonBasics is trademarked by Amazon.
-- “Wireless Amazon speaker for laptop.” Amazon is trademarked by Amazon.
-- “Cable similar to Pinzon.” Pinzon is trademarked by Amazon, and we prohibit the use of “similar to.”

Examples of acceptable terms:

-- "Cable for charging AmazonBasics speaker." The cable is not created or sold by Amazon.
-- “Wireless speaker for laptop, compatible with AmazonBasics.” The speaker is not created by Amazon.
-- “Basic cable works with Pinzon.” The cable is not sold or created by Pinzon.

If you believe your ASINs were removed in error, you may email Seller Support with supporting documentation (e.g., letter of authorization, licensing agreement).

To learn more about Amazon policies, search for “Amazon Intellectual Property Policy” in Seller Central Help, and review the section for “Trademark.”

Sincerely, 

Brand Registry and IP Protection Team
https://www.amazon.com
Amazon.com

ASIN(s): 

B00XUYWZ5G

Has anyone opened a case for this on any of their listings? Wondering if I should just ignore or be proactive about this. Amazon bots be damned. 

Edited by pete411
stuff

I'm in the same boat. Got 1 as well. Not sure what to do at this point. 

I got one. I sold through already and it was stale, so I just deleted the listing. I just hope the listing gets fixed sometime in the future and send in more items later. If I still had items in warehouse, I would probably recall until it’s resolved.

you will wonder how you ever existed before.   also 1%'er grandma and grandpa are price-insensitive and love all things prime, so you'll tap into that reseller scum mana.

I started FBA mid last year. Was by far the best move. With my full time job, I work for many 1%ers, and I always see amazon boxes at their doors. I have yet to see an eBay box or any sign of eBay at their doorsteps. That’s what finally clicked, how well respected amazon is and how people think eBay is full of fakes and counterfeits (in all categories). I sell on both but amazon blew eBay away this Past Christmas season (I’m ungated for LEgo and Funko as well as others). The sales continue through January as people spend their gift cards.

8 hours ago, Emvisawthatswho said:

I started FBA mid last year. Was by far the best move. With my full time job, I work for many 1%ers, and I always see amazon boxes at their doors. I have yet to see an eBay box or any sign of eBay at their doorsteps. That’s what finally clicked, how well respected amazon is and how people think eBay is full of fakes and counterfeits (in all categories). I sell on both but amazon blew eBay away this Past Christmas season (I’m ungated for LEgo and Funko as well as others). The sales continue through January as people spend their gift cards.

I’m a collector and I buy so much more on eBay than amazon. Amazon is full of fakes and cheap Chinese junk. So is eBay but that’s what filters are for. Anyways, you’re right. Rich old people are lazy when they’re not working and don’t mind paying a 40% markup for one click purchases.

Man I’ve gotten some amazing deals on eBay but you do have to be persistent and work for these deals. I still can’t believe how hard it is to navigate their site. It was designed in 1997 and got stuck there lol.

• Like 2

I’m a collector and I buy so much more on eBay than amazon. Amazon is full of fakes and cheap Chinese junk. So is eBay but that’s what filters are for. Anyways, you’re right. Rich old people are lazy when they’re not working and don’t mind paying a 40% markup for one click purchases.
Man I’ve gotten some amazing deals on eBay but you do have to be persistent and work for these deals. I still can’t believe how hard it is to navigate their site. It was designed in 1997 and got stuck there lol.

I agree. eBay you can find some great deals, for those who want to take the time to do some searching. Not great for resellers

Amazon selling is so fast and easy. Click “sell on amazon” on the product page, add your details from a drop down menu (condition), add price, and off you go.

• Like 1

I just got my first FBA return: a brick bank I sold for $300. Thanks to amazon’s continuous stock on these, I anticipate more returns coming..

My question is how fba returns are handled? Do they ship back to you or back to the warehouse? If back to the warehouse, will it still be available for sale? Also, how long does it take for you to either get your item back or relisted? Thanks!

50 minutes ago, woodyhtc said:

I just got my first FBA return: a brick bank I sold for $300. Thanks to amazon’s continuous stock on these, I anticipate more returns coming..

My question is how fba returns are handled? Do they ship back to you or back to the warehouse? If back to the warehouse, will it still be available for sale? Also, how long does it take for you to either get your item back or relisted? Thanks!

It depends on how quick the buyer returns the item. If they send it back immediately, the item will be marked sellable or unfulfillable, depending on the condition.  If it's sellable, it should be returned to your online inventory and added back to your inventory. If it's customer damaged or marked damaged in shipment by the buyer, it will either be considered unfulfillable inventory and you can either recall it, or they'll reimburse you.  This process can take 2-4 weeks.

• Like 1

It depends on how quick the buyer returns the item. If they send it back immediately, the item will be marked sellable or unfulfillable, depending on the condition.  If it's sellable, it should be returned to your online inventory and added back to your inventory. If it's customer damaged or marked damaged in shipment by the buyer, it will either be considered unfulfillable inventory and you can either recall it, or they'll reimburse you.  This process can take 2-4 weeks.
What happen when they reimburse? What value do they pay you back? I have always recalled because I thought the reimbursement was peanuts, is that true?

What happen when they reimburse? What value do they pay you back? I have always recalled because I thought the reimbursement was peanuts, is that true?
It varies. One time during the QF window for Saturn V an entire box of them got trashed at the Amazon warehouse and they gave me the listed price at the time, well in excess of $120

Sent from my SM-G935V using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Phil B said:
7 hours ago, exciter1 said:

They have algorithms that base the reimbursement price on some type of sales data that floats.  There have been situations where I have sold an item, had it returned in a condition that was reimbursable for some reason, and gotten reimbursement higher than the sales price of the item.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pebble&Park said:

It varies. One time during the QF window for Saturn V an entire box of them got trashed at the Amazon warehouse and they gave me the listed price at the time, well in excess of $120

Sent from my SM-G935V using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

This I know - when Amazon damages it they reimburse. But I didn't know they did the same if it came back trashed from the customer - I thought as a seller you were SOL then.