Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

Seller Central quotes me $4.88 to ship a 9lbs 18x14x10 box with FedEx. If I up the weight of the box to 11lbs, it is only $4.54.

Is this normal? Can I ship my box claiming a higher weight, or will they charge me based on actual weight? 

Should I add some heavy cardboard fillers to the box to make it closer to the 11lbs? Got lots of scraps I want to get rid off :)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phil B said:

Seller Central quotes me $4.88 to ship a 9lbs 18x14x10 box with FedEx. If I up the weight of the box to 11lbs, it is only $4.54.

Is this normal? Can I ship my box claiming a higher weight, or will they charge me based on actual weight? 

Should I add some heavy cardboard fillers to the box to make it closer to the 11lbs? Got lots of scraps I want to get rid off :)

its normal because over 10 pounds gets a higher percentage discount so the larger discount more then makes up for the extra charge for the 2 extra pounds

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Phil B said:

I just shipped 20 lbs for $4.54. Not sure how they do it, but I like it. 

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, Jackson said:

Did anyone else get this email about Amazon Middle East today? Anyone thinking about signing up?

"

Amazon.ae is now live!

Amazon Middle East went live on May 1st, 2019. We are inviting you to be one of the first US businesses to expand in to the United Arab Emirates through Amazon.ae and have access to the following features:
  • Reach out to the Souq.com customer base
  • English listing and customer communication (No language barrier)
  • Simplified and low cost logistics solutions for Fulfillment by Merchant (FBM) and Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA)
  • Direct and secure payment processing into your US bank account
  • Accept US business entity for seller account registration

"

Yes, I got it. And, no way in hell am I signing up.

• Like 1

All about counterfeit books being sold on Amazon from today’s NYT. Wonder if this means they will tighten the reigns further?

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/23/technology/amazon-domination-bookstore-books.html

“Mr. Kelly spent hours writing responses to customers who complained about their copies but didn’t realize they had counterfeits. He tried tracking down the source of the fakes and attempted to communicate with Amazon. Eventually he wrote to the retailer’s founder, Jeff Bezos, saying, “Amazon is knowingly and willfully fulfilling most orders for our title with counterfeits that may contain errors leading to injury or death of their patients.”

Mr. Kelly got a response two weeks later from “Raj,” a member of “the Amazon Seller Performance team.” Raj said that an unnamed third-party seller had been barred from selling the book but that the seller might now appeal directly to AMT, and that if the company wanted to retract the whole thing, here was what to do.”

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

• Like 1

Not specific to selling on Amazon but, what is the proper customer service response for this:

"when I opened the box I found that all of the mini figures had been removed, I would like to return for refund?"

First of all, the box was sealed, second of all, if the minifigures had been removed, you'd notice lose pieces all over the places and would state that the inner bags being open, rather than just point out the minifigures...

Thoughts?  Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, ichiroll said:

Not specific to selling on Amazon but, what is the proper customer service response for this:

"when I opened the box I found that all of the mini figures had been removed, I would like to return for refund?"

First of all, the box was sealed, second of all, if the minifigures had been removed, you'd notice lose pieces all over the places and would state that the inner bags being open, rather than just point out the minifigures...

you still have to approve the return if it is within the 30 days window. Once received , examine then take it from there. You can withhold up to 50% and file a Safe-t claim for remainder. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

you still have to approve the return if it is within the 30 days window. Once received , examine then take it from there. You can withhold up to 50% and file a Safe-t claim for remainder. 

OK thanks.  I guess what you're saying is to argue with Amazon since there is no point arguing with the customer.

Hate how garbage like this seems to be happening more and more.

Edited by ichiroll

I found that I have a stash of mixel series 3 in the basement. I plan to send them to FBA selling as a bundle of 3 packs. Does anyone have an idea how to pack those? Maybe I should wrap three of them in a bag and put a bar code on the bag? 

Or maybe I should selling them individually  to avoid the hassle...

image.thumb.png.c2aeda9ccfc60fc6f707183de1d34a34.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ichiroll said:

OK thanks.  I guess what you're saying is to argue with Amazon since there is no point arguing with the customer.

Hate how garbage like this seems to be happening more and more.

Amazon won’t help you out if you don’t approve the return . Customer might file a AZ and keep the item for free . Just send them a pre paid and that will cover your butt against that . 

Customer can ask for a rerun for any and no reason what so ever . Since they stated it is defective you need to provide a prepaid label . 

Once received you assess your options.

Don’t refund until received . 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, freakchem said:

I found that I have a stash of mixel series 3 in the basement. I plan to send them to FBA selling as a bundle of 3 packs. Does anyone have an idea how to pack those? Maybe I should wrap three of them in a bag and put a bar code on the bag? 

I've sold a bunch of x3 bundles by just putting them in a zip lock bag, tape the seal, and then just slap the label on the bag.

• Like 2

Add to the listing for the set if three. Put the set of three in a clear poly or ziploc and apply the label for the barcode to the bag. Pretty easy and I sold a ton like this last year.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, freakchem said:

zip lock bag with a sticker on the outside and depending on the opening of the bag - a suffocation warning label. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Sadly, Amzn started to wise up on those Safe-T claims....

https://sellercentral.amazon.com/forums/t/all-safe-t-claims-denied/463768

• Thanks 1

Though unlikely, it is possible your customer is not trying to scam you. There are several people on this forum who have witnessed properly sealed and seemingly untampered boxes that ended up missing minifigs. Happened to me with the figs from a Dimensions Fantastic Beasts starter pack that I bought at Wal-Mart. Granted, I could hear loose bricks rattle around, but it would have only taken a bit of tape to reseal the bags and noone would have noticed.
  • Like 2

Anyone have any experience seeking FBA return reimbursement for an item that was sent back to me in tatters? Had a large set returned from Amazon warehouse literally leaking pieces and poorly taped to begin with. Item was returned by customer to amazon, I requested it shipped back to me and amazon just slapped a label on the lego box. 

On 6/24/2019 at 3:37 PM, legolegolego2014 said:

Anyone have any experience seeking FBA return reimbursement for an item that was sent back to me in tatters? Had a large set returned from Amazon warehouse literally leaking pieces and poorly taped to begin with. Item was returned by customer to amazon, I requested it shipped back to me and amazon just slapped a label on the lego box. 

Yes this is the protocol we follow:

1)  We take a picture of the shipping box back to us and the shipping label.

2) We then take a pic of the packing slip.

3) We then take multiple pics of the damaged item.

4) We then put all of those pics into a single pdf file.

5) We then open a case for reimbursement and attach the pdf file. 

We have had 100% success with this. However we only open a handful of these claims every year and that may be why we always get paid. Amazon protocol is not to refund for customer damage, but they do make exceptions. We only do this on expensive items as it is time consuming and my best guess would be if you open many of these they will stonewall you. We save it for the $300 plus items and lego sets.

• Like 5

this is a first

i got a return on a  set and when i got it back it was one of the fake chinese knockoffs (still sealed)

assuming the customer is not the one that switched it (based on a email exchange i am assuming it was not him)is it possible even though you have your own labels that amazon would swap your inventory for someone else's.

2 hours ago, river41 said:

this is a first

i got a return on a  set and when i got it back it was one of the fake chinese knockoffs (still sealed)

assuming the customer is not the one that switched it (based on a email exchange i am assuming it was not him)is it possible even though you have your own labels that amazon would swap your inventory for someone else's.

Yes if you FBA then they can resticker someone else's inventory and transfer ownership to you for various reasons, and vice versa.

FBM question. 

Just checked seller central and I made a sale on Friday. No email notification, even checked my spam folder. Also no push notification from the app. Glad I caught it in time, but is this a glitch or some weird weekend thing? I made another FBM sale on Wednesday and got an email notification right away. 

I have a tax related question. If you make sales during the last two weeks of December 2018 but get paid by amazon in January 2019, what year do you pay taxes for those sales? Tried to figure this out by looking at amazon’s reports but failed miserably.

I have a tax related question. If you make sales during the last two weeks of December 2018 but get paid by amazon in January 2019, what year do you pay taxes for those sales? Tried to figure this out by looking at amazon’s reports but failed miserably.

I personally only count the transaction when the payment hits the transaction statement.
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, pete411 said:

the question has nothing to do with amazon reports .What the irs counts as payment does not correlate to amazon reports.