Selling Lego on Amazon.com

Deeker

2 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

I hear commingling is bad so does everyone print their own barcode on their Lego? Have you had any customer get angry about the sticker on the box?

Do you limit how many sets you ship at a time?

I think a lot of post retirement investing stopped happening on Amazon thus re-sellers tend to not be the ones buying your stock. Haven't had complaints on stickered inventory. Some people wrap there boxes with clear plastic bags and place a sticker on that.

Yes and no. Storage fee's are insane October-December. Ideally you want your inventory to be received and sold nearly immediately. Making that happen is easier said then done. Amazon currently says shipments have to be sent out by Nov 5th to be ready for Black Friday. Sometimes I'll have a shipment take 2 weeks+ before anything is received. Other times its processed two days after i send it.

Some sets will see a huge influx of stock and plummet in price. Others will have so much demand and not nearly enough inventory and the price will rocket through the roof. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just doesn't make sense. This seller is being asked for the test report. While others in the same predicament get no mention of the testing report on their follow up email. Different rep different request. I'm still waiting on a response. Maybe they're rethinking all the denial notices. Plus as of yet I haven't seen anyone on the Amazon forums or here for that matter get to a concluding point on their case positive or negative.

This message part below from another thread and another seller should be more concerning. Doesn't specify ASINs. Just inventory. Again. Another variant on the emails sellers are getting.

Note for FBA sellers: If you have Toys inventory in our fulfillment centers that hasn’t been approved by October 23, 2018, please request removal within 30 days. 

Didnt read the link above, but I resubmitted the certificates for 41118 and 31050 yesterday night, with 5 pics each of the box. Got a response within a few hours saying the Certificate of Compliance was not sufficient, and that they needed the actual test report. Going to request a call, but since I have just 2 41118 left (none @ Amazon) and no 31050, I am likely just giving up and will tell them I have removed the inventory.

13 hours ago, Dark Helmet said:

Long time FBM first time FBA. I’m looking to send my first shipment in and was looking for some tips on what you do. Sorry about the very basic questions x

thanks again

watch the seller univrsity videos for overview of process.  this alone will take a while but is crucial to understanding what is actually going on.

if you understand that you will be ready to roll.

start out simple.  send in 2-3 sets you are ready to sell now.

something small like microfighters or an item you paid little for.

your entire future selling on amazon will depend on you NOT getting negative feedback during these initial first sales.

a few nitpicky negative feedbacks during your inaugural days as a seller  may doom your store. there seems to be heightened scrutiny of new toy sellers at this time of year and even more so this year.  if you receive negative feedback you will have little chance to recover by getting positives if you don't have a sales volume established .

it may be a better idea to start selling during the post-xmas holiday period when people spend their gift cards and the expectations for perfection and timed arrival have diminished.

->You don’t have to have each Lego individually packaged in a shipping box within the main box?

only for sets that are very high price or have appreciated greatly (e.g. $14.99 speed champions selling for $75 gets its own box before i send it in to fba.).

.>I hear commingling is bad so does everyone print their own barcode on their Lego? Have you had any customer get angry about the sticker on the box?

for many sets amazon doesn't even give you a choice anymore.  no one has ever complained once about the sticker.

>Do you limit how many sets you ship at a time?

as many as possible - more sets = decreased cost of shipping per set.  as you will learn, putting together an order in itself is somewhat of an art trying to minimize the number of distribution center and packaging each shipment box like a tetris of lego sets .    in the end amazon tells you where to ship stuff.  you might have 10x of a set, 3x go to one distribution center, 3x go to another and 2x to another.  you have to piece together a large shipment set by set over time adding on to earlier shipment plan going to multiple distribution centers where you can stuff 24x20x20 boxes of items - 30-40lbs of lego at a time (or with a pallet and forklift if you are BTP) or if you have all your inventory listed you can just select all the items you want to convert to fba and  make a shipping plan that way  even quicker.  if you just ship 3 or 4 sets to one dc and 2 or 1 to another -forget it - not worth it to me.  using amazon prep?  goodbye profit.

again, all this is a little complicated at first .

all it takes is a couple of mistakes during this time of year to screw your store if its just getting started fba and if you don't have a lot of positive feeback to buffer.  so keep that in mind before jumping in with both feet.  

once you have "the hang" of it, you will wonder how you ever did things the way you did before.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was lucky for the moment and only had 1 Lego in email and I sold all of them. I know I have others in question but have no ideas which ones. Do I have to go through every Lego set that has Toy in description? I see a lot that I have that say Toy. I tried listing Elsa Ice Palace that I have 40+ of from recent clearence as I see that has Toy in title. Nothing happened but have not sent any in. Can we all keep a list of sets in question we have all got emails about. Mine was 75523 Scarif Trooper Buildable. 

I was lucky for the moment and only had 1 Lego in email and I sold all of them. I know I have others in question but have no ideas which ones. Do I have to go through every Lego set that has Toy in description? I see a lot that I have that say Toy. I tried listing Elsa Ice Palace that I have 40+ of from recent clearence as I see that has Toy in title. Nothing happened but have not sent any in. Can we all keep a list of sets in question we have all got emails about. Mine was 75523 Scarif Trooper Buildable. 

Should we open cases for all of these for title changes, or can we initiate a change through Seller Central somehow?

1 hour ago, pete411 said:

For the lucky chosen sets, Is Amazon asking for the testing proof from every seller for that particular sku? That seems completely inane. 

I believe they are. Im sure they can't even get this proof. I see "Toy" on almost every Ideas set like Old fishing Store, Ship in bottle and Women of NASA. Anybody selling them yet get an email. It is now stopping me from buying sets that are retiring soon because I dont know if they are included. 

30 minutes ago, cory730 said:

I have sold 31052 and it is still listed in my products and I never recieved an email for that one. 

And me, last time I sold it was last year. It wasn’t even in my inventory until 2-3 months ago. Go figure ? Same for 10811. As far as 10734 I sold a few earlier this year. It was in my inventory sold out and inactive.

received this wonderful reply this am.

profile_mask2.png

[email protected]

8:37 AM (1 hour ago)

Hello from Amazon.com,

Thank you for your cooperation. We have reviewed your response and found it does not satisfy our request. Please note Certificate of Compliance is no longer the accepted standard. Please provide testing to the most recent ASTM F963- standard from a CPSC- approved lab.

I sent CoCs from LEGO's website which clearly state adherence to: ASTM F963-11.
Edited by pstebbing

3 minutes ago, pstebbing said:

received this wonderful reply this am.

profile_mask2.png

[email protected]

8:37 AM (1 hour ago)

Hello from Amazon.com,

Thank you for your cooperation. We have reviewed your response and found it does not satisfy our request. Please note Certificate of Compliance is no longer the accepted standard. Please provide testing to the most recent ASTM F963- standard from a CPSC- approved lab.

I sent CoCs from LEGO's website which clearly state adherence to: ASTM F963-11.

Oh boy...I deleted the asin's they asked for and crossing my fingers hoping they let me off the hook.