Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

This may have been discussed already and I apologize if I missed it, but is it possible to buy/sell sets via this forum?

We cannot sell anything on the site because of our eBay affiliate membership. We can refer to other sites that do, unless you have some eBay listings you want to promote, which we are allowed to do under eBay policies.

Ed,

Will you have a donation link on here to help you with some of the monthly fixed costs? It is none of my business how this site is paid for but clicks and ads go so far. My wish is to have this site continue even if (God forbid) we ever have dark times ahead.

Thanks for the offer. I hope it never gets to that. If members would just click on our links when they are purchasing LEGO sets, our costs will be covered. The small amount we get from affiliate fees really do help when many people click on the links en masse.

Would it be possible to get private message notices on our home page. It appears to me that the only place to access them is in the discussion page. While I get them on my phone and email, it would be nice to see it on my home page, or at least a reminder, or pop-up to direct you to your messages.

I like that idea. I will mention it to Jeff.

I have noticed in my brickfolio that the newest Winter Village set, the Cottage, is listed under the "Seasonal" category, while the older 3 sets are under the "Town" category. While I assume that they should be in the seasonal category, maybe there is a reason the others and in the town category and I'm not figuring out why. Anyway, just throwing it out there.

Yes, minifigures as well as custom sets will be getting special attention on the site. Right now, I have been working on template enhancements to make the site easier to use, navigation, etc. There is also a big update coming to the Brickfolio feature include importing your collection from Brickset.com. I have also been working on the process that helps sort out all the ebay listings for each set. The time is setting up all the minifigures and new items that you want to list and then teach the system to identify that item. When there is a set number or name, its much easier to match up, but the hard part will be to identify all the different versions of minifigures from the different sets. So many Lego fans love the minifigures, it will definitely be part of the site.

The minifigures I added show a value of $0...should I be entering them differently? Do they show value at all on the site?

Sorry if I missed the answer to this somewhere else!

I have noticed in my brickfolio that the newest Winter Village set, the Cottage, is listed under the "Seasonal" category, while the older 3 sets are under the "Town" category. While I assume that they should be in the seasonal category, maybe there is a reason the others and in the town category and I'm not figuring out why. Anyway, just throwing it out there.

Corrected. Thanks.

Hi Ed,

It seems I email or post a thread about 7888 once every 2 weeks. Sorry. I know ebay seller listing practices make this a hard set to get eBay price data.

Our Market price now shows at $220 for a new 7888. Can we bump that up by eliminating all "new" auctions under $250 to reflect the competed sold auctions? For example, When I add my two 7888s to my brickfolio, it is seen as a loss even though I paid $275. This prob shouldn't be the case since new 7888s have not sold for under $390 in a while.

Hello...We already filter outliers out of the average, both low and high to remove minifigure and lot issues. The problem arises with newer sets that have not been around long enough and are parted out for minifigures or are included in lots. The filter works off of the average price of the last 30 sold auctions, so if every seller is listing partial sets, then the numbers will be skewed. It will straighten out with time and better auction results, but some very small sets or sets with valuable minifigures are very hard to filter correctly. I will look at this set now.

NOTE: I just took a look. There were some listings that were improperly listed by the sellers. They stated new, while the sets were actually used. I adjusted a few. Also, this set has minimal listings to work off of and the current asking price for some of those sets is not accurately reflected in what people are actually paying. Thanks.

Hi Ed,

It seems I email or post a thread about 7888 once every 2 weeks. Sorry. I know ebay seller listing practices make this a hard set to get eBay price data.

Our Market price now shows at $220 for a new 7888. Can we bump that up by eliminating all "new" auctions under $250 to reflect the competed sold auctions? For example, When I add my two 7888s to my brickfolio, it is seen as a loss even though I paid $275. This prob shouldn't be the case since new 7888s have not sold for under $390 in a while.

Hello...We already filter outliers out of the average, both low and high to remove minifigure and lot issues. The problem arises with newer sets that have not been around long enough and are parted out for minifigures or are included in lots. The filter works off of the average price of the last 30 sold auctions, so if every seller is listing partial sets, then the numbers will be skewed. It will straighten out with time and better auction results, but some very small sets or sets with valuable minifigures are very hard to filter correctly. I will look at this set now.

NOTE: I just took a look. There were some listings that were improperly listed by the sellers. They stated new, while the sets were actually used. I adjusted a few. Also, this set has minimal listings to work off of and the current asking price for some of those sets is not accurately reflected in what people are actually paying. Thanks.

I cleaned out more listings. Next month, you should see better results with some of the higher recent sales. Sellers are really bad describing this set in particular. Too many bad listings that are actually used, but the sellers say it's new.

To all BrickPicker members and guests...

As my brother, Jeff, stated earlier, we are a new and rapidly improving site about Lego 'investing' and collecting. If you feel there is anything we need to change or add, please feel free to message us. It is a work in progress and new ideas are always welcome.

Feel free to ask us any questions about the site or various Lego sets/values. There are over 8400 Lego sets in our database and sometimes mistakes happen. If you have any questions or opinions about various Lego sets, displays, or minifigures, let us know. We will help in any way we can.

Thanks...

Ed Mack

Here's an idea, endless private messaging. You know like every other social networking site on the earth!!

Here's an idea, endless private messaging. You know like every other social networking site on the earth!!

I had no idea it was limited either. It always says unlimited, but I guess that was for Admins. I increased the number to 500 messages. that should be more than enough for everyone. You can always delete messages too. If you run into a shortage, send me a message and we can see whats happening and look to increase it.

I had no idea it was limited either. It always says unlimited, but I guess that was for Admins. I increased the number to 500 messages. that should be more than enough for everyone. You can always delete messages too. If you run into a shortage, send me a message and we can see whats happening and look to increase it.

Thank you a lot. Me and my friend kept running out of messages, but thankfully you fixed that up real nice. Thanks again.

What minifigures are you talking about? I need numbers to check. Thanks.

All of them :)

Series 1-9 and GB

The characters in the MINIFIGURES series' do not really have any kind of actual set numbers or such. And the eBay listings for these guys are never the same and rather difficult to find in the first place. The only consistant listings for them are on Bricklink. The best option for averages of value is to check out Bricklink's own Price Guide page for a certain minifigure, like this one for Series 1 "Tribal Hunter".

To all BrickPicker members and guests...

As my brother, Jeff, stated earlier, we are a new and rapidly improving site about Lego 'investing' and collecting. If you feel there is anything we need to change or add, please feel free to message us. It is a work in progress and new ideas are always welcome.

Feel free to ask us any questions about the site or various Lego sets/values. There are over 8400 Lego sets in our database and sometimes mistakes happen. If you have any questions or opinions about various Lego sets, displays, or minifigures, let us know. We will help in any way we can.

Thanks...

Ed Mack

How do I write a Brickvester Blog article?