Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Another thought on the Brickfolio updates you guys run with ebay, I am guessing this is some sort of automated process you do, I have come up with quite a few glitches it runs into though where it will record a set sale without minifigs as the price of a new unopened set. Unfortunately, sellers are doing this with their ebay listings and there may be no way around it but I have found a number of things in my folio are "worth" about half their real value or less because of this. There may not be anything that can be done about it, but it is frustrating.

Another thought on the Brickfolio updates you guys run with ebay, I am guessing this is some sort of automated process you do, I have come up with quite a few glitches it runs into though where it will record a set sale without minifigs as the price of a new unopened set. Unfortunately, sellers are doing this with their ebay listings and there may be no way around it but I have found a number of things in my folio are "worth" about half their real value or less because of this. There may not be anything that can be done about it, but it is frustrating.

Yeah there a lot of skeezers on eBay!

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest an Investment Analysis article on the Imperial Shuttle.

And sortable columns in the Brickfolio.

Too late for the Imperial Shuttle...Should have bought one. LOL. As for sorting Brickfolios, it's on the radar for future updates. I did a small analysis of the Imperial Shuttle months ago.

http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/evaluations/view/lego_star_wars_ultimate_collectors_series

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but I would love a forum dedicated to purely collections / star wars mini collecting. The mini forum is kinda all over the place and has a lot of topics on investment side / minifig series. And the collection/investing forum isn't really a good place either. With roughly 500 sw minifigs and I would imagine a healthy collector base, I would love a place to discuss deals/prices/displays/trades all in one place. Just a thought. Regards, Cody

Thanks for a great site guys! One feature I would like (or maybe it's a fix?) is to have the sets in the Brickfolio sorted by set number (as in the numeric set number) rather than by the text equivalent of the set number. For example, sets like 7938 Passenger Train and 79003 Unexpected Gathering are sorted together because they both start with "7". Likewise, all the "10000" series sets are sorted before the sets starting with "2000", "3000", etc. Not a big deal either way, but hopefully a simple adjustment which would help to group the listings a little better.

Forgive me if this has been mentioned already, but I would love a forum dedicated to purely collections / star wars mini collecting.

The mini forum is kinda all over the place and has a lot of topics on investment side / minifig series. And the collection/investing forum isn't really a good place either.

With roughly 500 sw minifigs and I would imagine a healthy collector base, I would love a place to discuss deals/prices/displays/trades all in one place.

Just a thought.

Regards,

Cody

So you want a STAR WARS MINIFIGURE forum?

Thanks for a great site guys!

One feature I would like (or maybe it's a fix?) is to have the sets in the Brickfolio sorted by set number (as in the numeric set number) rather than by the text equivalent of the set number.

For example, sets like 7938 Passenger Train and 79003 Unexpected Gathering are sorted together because they both start with "7". Likewise, all the "10000" series sets are sorted before the sets starting with "2000", "3000", etc.

Not a big deal either way, but hopefully a simple adjustment which would help to group the listings a little better.

Sorting options will be something we have to address in later updates...I agree.

1974 Wha? Was that the year you were born or something? Or am I seriously missing some Lego History lessons?

Was the internet even around then? Or was it that think that I heard that was around like 15 years ago. What was it called again? Dial up internet or something where you plugged it into your phone outlet I believe.

That's the life guys. Google Chrome, Gmail, Brickpicker, eBay, Amazon. All of them can load in less than 10 minutes!

1974 Wha? Was that the year you were born or something? Or am I seriously missing some Lego History lessons?

Was the internet even around then? Or was it that think that I heard that was around like 15 years ago. What was it called again? Dial up internet or something where you plugged it into your phone outlet I believe.

That's the life guys. Google Chrome, Gmail, Brickpicker, eBay, Amazon. All of them can load in less than 10 minutes!

I though up the idea when I was 6. LOL. The site is a little less than two years old.

You should be able to batch edit sets in your collection - e.***. you should be able to change your New/Old status of each set, or add the price you paid for them or amend any of the other columns in the summary page, without having to click through each single set - it's far too laborious - now you have to make around 5 clicks, window scrolling and two page changes every time you want to amend each set. It has stopped me from using the website in any meaningful way.

You should be able to batch edit sets in your collection - e.g. you should be able to change your New/Old status of each set, or add the price you paid for them or amend any of the other columns in the summary page, without having to click through each single set - it's far too laborious - now you have to make around 5 clicks, window scrolling and two page changes every time you want to amend each set. It has stopped me from using the website in any meaningful way.

Sorry that you are not able to use the site the way you want. All I can say is that we will continue to refine/enhance the site to make it more usable.

You should be able to batch edit sets in your collection - e.***. you should be able to change your New/Old status of each set, or add the price you paid for them or amend any of the other columns in the summary page, without having to click through each single set - it's far too laborious - now you have to make around 5 clicks, window scrolling and two page changes every time you want to amend each set. It has stopped me from using the website in any meaningful way.

I suppose a person gets out of it the work they put into it on the front end. I particularly enjoy the process and being able to include my original purchase price and seeing the valuation of a set based off of it. Working from a backlog can be difficult, but entering sets as I make purchases is easy.

You should be able to batch edit sets in your collection - e.g. you should be able to change your New/Old status of each set, or add the price you paid for them or amend any of the other columns in the summary page, without having to click through each single set - it's far too laborious - now you have to make around 5 clicks, window scrolling and two page changes every time you want to amend each set. It has stopped me from using the website in any meaningful way.

As Jeff stated earlier, this site is a work in progress and there are many different things we would like to change or improve. especially on the Brickfolio end. The site has come a long way in a little over a year and many people have no real clue of how much work it is to change even the smallest thing. If you put things in perspective, Brickset.com, the top of the LEGO foodchain of websites, has been around for 10 years. They have had plenty of time to modify and perfect their site and navigation and interface issues have been tweaked many times over the years. I can only imagine what this site could become in 10 years if things go the way we plan.

Please excuse my French, but what I do know is Jeff is busting his ass on the site and the data and information we give people is for free. He has been working very hard on a new feature we will be releasing shortly and I hope people will find it useful and both a money saver and a money maker.