Site Improvements & General FAQs

Ed Mack

Something that could be useful for brickpicker is online auctioning on here. Just think some investor gets a deal on a QAR so to speak, and he wants to make some quick cash, but also wants it to go to a good home. And there's also a collector on here who's been looking for that, so he goes in the auction, and bids against other collectors. You could really make a bit of an income with this for site improvement. All you have to do is charge less than eBay. Members on here are always complaining how eBay is always taking too much of their hard earned dough. Just thought I'd drop this idea off, IrishGuy out.

Wait a minute..... that's perfect!! You could take the Brickfolio to a whole new level with that. The seller could type in what he got it for then however long he keeps it gets put in there, and finally when he decides to auction it off the system could calculate his profits and gains!! You could also have bidders history and all sorts of great stuff!!! Bidders with tons of buys could start getting like VIP points, and stuff. Then before you know it this would become the Lego site Capitol of the world!!! Just think instead of putting prices for what sets are going for on eBay, you could put what's sets ard going for on brickpicker!! I should be getting paid for this!!

Wait a minute..... that's perfect!! You could take the Brickfolio to a whole new level with that. The seller could type in what he got it for then however long he keeps it gets put in there, and finally when he decides to auction it off the system could calculate his profits and everything. You could also have bidders history and all sorts of great stuff!!! Bidders with tons of buys could start getting like VIP points, and stuff. Then before you know it this would become the Lego site Capitol of all the Internet!!!! I should get paid for this.

If this idea becomes as great as you describe, you will have plenty of greenbacks. (:

Says you. Personally I think that's one of the best sleep deprived ideas I've ever had. Sleep deprived idea. Lol.. Seriously though, I should have private messaged Ed Mack and told him about it!! Before I blew it all over the place in the forums!! IrishGuy66. You should sleep on it. Probably so..... and I should start drinking decaf as well.

There will be a query system added in future updates. Yeah, but I'm talking about actual money for the site. Brickpicker investing could go through the roof. :) More money=bigger Lego bubble=more likely it will "pop." Just a thought. That's true, but people are already coughing up bogus amounts of cash on eBay, and Amazon. Why not do it through Brickpicker. All this will do is add another business competitor into the mix, but this one would hopefully have more realistic prices. (Like Bricklink) Lowering prices raises sales, and lowers the risk of losing your shirt when the bubble "pops" that's just basic economics. Because if you could buy a set cheaper somewhere else than Amazon, you wouldn't even hesitate. (Raising Sales) Plus that means you aren't putting out as much money as you were before. (Lowering Risks)

I suspect this feature is on the way (or available now and I am just not figuring out how to do it) but it would be nice to be able to sort your brickfolio by the different headings. In particular the "current price" of the sets (so it lists them in descending or ascending order) but it would also be useful to list by "condition" so you could see all the new sets together and the same for the used.

Something that is probably a bit harder to implement but would make the site exponentially more efficient would be an option to do a mass edit of your brickfolio. Instead of having to go into the edit screen for each set individually, you could click the mass edit button which would make all of the fields in your brickfolio editable. Then you can adjust the condition and type in prices/quantities/notes for a whole page of sets at once!

Anyways, great site and I look forward to it become even better as it matures.

Options like are very useful and will be added with future updates of the Brickfolio.

Something that could be useful for brickpicker is online auctioning on here. Just think some investor gets a deal on a QAR so to speak, and he wants to make some quick cash, but also wants it to go to a good home. And there's also a collector on here who's been looking for that, so he goes in the auction, and bids against other collectors. You could really make a bit of an income with this for site improvement. All you have to do is charge less than eBay. Members on here are always complaining how eBay is always taking too much of their hard earned dough. Just thought I'd drop this idea off, IrishGuy out.

Nice idea. But we are eBay affiliates and it is not allowed. We cannot run an auction site or sell items on the site. We can direct people to other sites which sell products. Sorry.

I'm no programmer, so I have no idea how difficult this would be - but a 'jump to top of page' hyperlink at the bottom of each page in a forum thread would be a winner for me. It's only a little thing, but it'd stop the need to have to scroll back up to the top to get back to the 'you are here' menu and navigate to the main boards. Admittedly, it only takes a few seconds each time, but it adds up when you're having a forum binge! Anyway, great site guys - I've only joined recently, but I am hooked!

Ah, thanks for the information.

I think this forum needs a link "New posts since last visit."

And maybe the main site needs a "Watchlist" that I can add sets to and track CAGR while I watch for deals.

On the main forum page, there are buttons at the top that may offer the functionality you are looking for

http://www.brickpicker.com/index.php/forums/